Closed Thread
Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ann..i delivered at 38 weeks. my waters broke at 37.3 weeks and i was admitted to hospital and then induced as i had no natural progression. I did 11 hours of drug free labour but never went past 8cm dilation so ended up emergency c section. cooper actually stopped breathing when they cut the cord so spent 3 nights in nicu and 4 nights in scu. caitlin spent 2.5nights in scu (i say a half as they brought her to me in the ward about 2am in the morning). they kicked me out of maternity after 5 nights as they dont get paid after that but found me a bed in a room outside scu for the 6th night and stayed in the ensuite room in scu for last two nights. they did this because if i went home then i would not be able to take caitlin into the scu once she left the hospital and because i was feeding both i hqd to be close to both. also my hubbie fractured his foot the day after birth so could not drive so think they felt a bit sorry for me...lol. it was a very surreal feeling though on the night I gave birth as they took me back to the ward and was a bit sad being there knowing you had given birth but had no babies there with you but rest assured if your twins need nicu or scu they are getting the best of care..those nurses are amazing

Sent from my GT-S5570 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ann I was 6weeks 2days the HCG read of 39k what was you round then? I keep getting slight bleed shows but I've learnt they are nothing to worry about now I just hope these tears/blood vessels heal will find out from Wazza hopefully Monday, I only have 2 1/2 vallum a day but they still affect me, I feel like turning into a blob!!haha I don't know if I've mixed the tests up but it's the one testing for downs Wazza mentioned it to us on Friday...I just want to start enjoying my pregnancy now it takes us so long to get here and we still have to go through so much totally worth it though

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ the Panorama BT can be done from 9 weeks onwards, Wazza signed the form and you get it done on level 1. DH has a cheek swap (can't eat or drink anything for half an hour before hand) DH had just had a drink of water and popped a mentos in his mouth and the nurse was yelling stop. It was pretty funny. So we had to wait and come back. In the info they gave me it says you can't get it done if you have multiple pregnancy, donor eggs or sperm donor. I can't wait to hear how your scan goes on Monday.

Thanks laned, DH was so pumped when he saw the bambino and then when it had a little wriggle, it was amazing and to see the blood pumping in the cord and hear and see the HB.

Milly I can't quite remember what Wazza said about the potential for bleeding, I have it written down at home. He just suggested that I take it easy and no sex for 2 weeks. Poor DH, all worth it though. I have an appointment with my OB on the 28th October, so I will see what she says about the NT scan, hopefully we will have the BT results by them.

Ann, my transfer was 28.08.2013 and my two where blasts.

We told our parents last night and they are so excited, first grandchild for both of them. It is starting to feel real now, but can't wait to get BT results back and get to the 12 week mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milly888 View Post
    Toni - best of luck as you start your journey! I have PCO. It's bit complicated though because I have the cysts and over stim to stim medication, but my blood results don't support the diagnosis. I was put on 150mcg gonal f for cycle 1 and got 18 eggs and OHSS. Cycle 2 was the same dose. Dr thought I'd produce less eggs given 18 had just been taken. Wrong! Another 18 were retrieved. And OHSS again, but not as severe fortunately. I didn't have luck with the two fresh embryo transfers (possibly because of all the meds in my system and the OHSS), but did with my first FET. It seems like the first few cycles can be (an expensive!) trial and error. So much to learn about how your body responds. Good luck! I hope you get lucky first time.
    Thanks Milly888 for your info. I am really anxious about the OHSS and by the reaction of my stand in FS, it appears that I will produce a fair few follies. I am hoping that my bloods reflect what is going on and it doesn't become out of control! How severe was you OHSS? I have read horror stories and am worried sick! Congratulations of your pregnancy - I hope the bleed ceases and all carries on perfectly. Thanks again for your input

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post

Toni - wishing you a big warm welcome. Hope your stay is short and sweet. As for Bikram Yoga, you have to be extremely careful about overheating during a cycle and post transfer. It can affect the embryos. I did Hatha Yoga pre IVF cycle and then stopped for my cycle. It is then advised that you don't do yoga post transfer or for the first trimester. This has to do with overheating, so I would definitely say the Bikram would be out . All the very best. Yoga baby is excellent. Hopefully you will be a yoga baby student very shortly. X
    Thank you for the advice. Bikram has been my go to for relaxation. I guess a brisk walk might be the replacement then! Congratulations on the birth of your little boy. Very bias, but have to say lil fellas are the best. They will always love their mums! Thank you once again for the input x

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ - I think you may have been around 25dpt for that bt? At 24dpt my bt was 60680 then at 27dpt 10440 (that night I had my first bleed). In terms of 6.2 weeks my bt was 115440 that was the same day I was admitted in hospital for my second bleed with this one I woke up at 3 am cramping pj shorts covered in blood and soaked 3 pads but by lunch it tapered off. But I was 29dpt at 6.2 weeks for some reason my beans are a few days behind but bts are good. Also this is when I had my scan done at the hospital and I was so certain that I may have lost one but instead they detected 2 heart beats! Took them a while as I was only measuring 6.2. You can imagine relief. While iam a bit more relaxed now I am however repressed with my feelings. Perhaps after 12 weeks scan huh! I do have some light and little flickers at times where bubs have implanted that keeps me sane and everyday I wait for that little sign which is reassuring.

ABH wow you guys actually got up hear the heartbeat, how special is that ! Isn't it great to see how estactic dh gets! Can't wait for my next scan! Hope I can hear heart bests too ! Mmm.... I know what you mean by no sex..... yep I have one very poor dh here too !

afm - well been here just over a week and dh is ready overseas again ! He wasn't very happy leaving me but so is the nature of his work !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh Liney- it's not as romantic as it is in movies huh ! I can't even imagine how you must have felt when Cooper wasn't breathing. But your little bubbie s did just fine. I am going to elect for elective Caesar, the thought of pushing twins out has my alarm bells ringing ! I had a terrible terrible terrible birth with my dd and I was a spring chicken back then at 25! But you never know whats in store ahead, I could do all the planning but of the waters break..... Dh said jr can't wait to go to Lamaze classes and i am like what for we won't need that for e/s and he says but I will need to breathe and then I can tell you how to breathe as well! I looked at him real weird!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni - Thank you for your lovely words and yes he is very snugly which I just love.

Ann - Glad you are doing well. I am so very excited for you. You have obviously been reading the SA thread. No pram yet. Will be contacting the AFP tomorrow afternoon re pressing charges. There are multiple charges that can be laid under the ACT Criminal Code. She has had ample opportunity now to either refund the $845 or send the pram. Very frustrating though. Still can't get my head around the fact that we have been ripped off by a mother of 5, who used her 13 year old daughter in the commission of the offence. Unbelievable

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in quickly to say HI to Amandamoo, I can't believe it as so many cycles ago I did my first cycle along side you. I have been wondering how you were going.

That is fantastic news about your donor egg. If my wonderful sister didn't give me that wonderful gift, I wouldn't have my beautiful little girl. It's the best decision we have ever made. I will have everything crossed for you on your up coming cycle. If anyone can do it, it's Wazza!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned- good on you for your detective work and pressing charges! You can definitely do without that negative energy pram!

Kt- good see ya!

OMG - l accidentally pressed first on this thread and it took me to the first post and its my post ! of my bfn in April cycle and where iam faced with the dilemma of de cycle and Laned and KT you girls are sharing your words of wisdom ! Second post is yours ABH its your bfn and here we are cycling and utd together ..... If only we had a crystal ball!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

KtKing  (19-10-2013)