Closed Thread
Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls, just on the point of progesterone, in Sth Africa they put everyone on intramuscular progesterone oil injections (POI). I was on it for 12 weeks along with Pessaries after my bleed.

You cannot get the POI in Australia, but there is a compounding Pharmacy in Aspley that makes up intramuscular Progesterone to give you a more concentrated boost. If your levels are a problem you can always ask for a script. It is quite expensive, but obviously worth every penny when it comes to supporting a pregnancy.

KJ - hope you are not experiencing anymore bleeding. X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

ann17  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ35 and Ann17, things are settling down for you both. I never realized bleeding in pregnancy was so common.

Its great that you have the support of ladies who have been through it before.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

ann17  (04-10-2013),KJ35  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an appt at early preg centre today at the RNS and apparantely the midwife was saying that it is common for bleeds with ivf girls , cld be at 6, 12, 17 weeks, some bleed heavy like a period ! esp with multiples i went for my bt to my regular ivf nurse and she said the same thing. I had a scan on wed things looked on track. From yest i have started feelings ligaments pulling where the sacs are which is one on the right and one om the left. It does make say ouch loudly, scared when bubs are bigger!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had no more bleeding and had another HCg/Progesterone today, 42.1 for progesterone and HCG doubled to 1,754 so really relieved...thanks Ann for the above hopefully I might not freak out too much if I bleed again but I'm sure I will

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good stuff Ann glad everything is coming together and your little twins are good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news today Ann and KJ. Really hoping these bubbas continue to grow well for you both and the bleeding stops. There are plenty of girls on BH with stories of bleeding and good outcomes. Hopefully you can add to them xx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann17, thanks for this information. I'm still spotting (5w5d) and will have been for a week tomorrow. It's frustrating, but knowing it's not uncommon for us IVF-ers is a relief. Imagine how worrying bleeding heavily like a period would be?! That puts mine in perspective. I'm thinking of bringing my first scan forward, hopefully to ease my mind.... Or a third blood test?

KJ - how is your bleeding going? I really hope it stops soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    I had an appt at early preg centre today at the RNS and apparantely the midwife was saying that it is common for bleeds with ivf girls , cld be at 6, 12, 17 weeks, some bleed heavy like a period ! esp with multiples i went for my bt to my regular ivf nurse and she said the same thing. I had a scan on wed things looked on track. From yest i have started feelings ligaments pulling where the sacs are which is one on the right and one om the left. It does make say ouch loudly, scared when bubs are bigger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Milly I'm having a 3rd one on Wednesday and going to see if they will let me have one a week until my 7week scan just to keep my mind at ease, I've had no more bleeding since last night but having lots of aches and pains in my ovaries and stomach, I would ask for another blood test it really does put your mind at ease when you know you numbers are going up like they should be so the bleeding isn't anything bad, I have a feeling we are going to spotting a lot in the coming weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann - how interesting. I wish someone had of told me that. I was absolutely hysterical with my 17.5 weeks bleed. It was a heavy bleed and I was so upset I got disorientated in the car on my way to the Ob.

So glad things are going well for you and KJ.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok KJ so referring to my notes at 13dpt I was 1620 (prog 17!!!!) I think you were 13dpt yest bt? Iam with Laned baby (she told me too! mu first beta!) you are utd with twins unless its one little super bean powering away which is possible too. My fs rec got a little bit narky with me when I was having bts done regularly but my ivf nurse is great and said they haven't been trying ESP for as long as you have been! And if this is what puts your mind at ease then all i am doing is a little blood. And then she personally rings me up to give me the no.s how good is she ? My DH went to Belgium last week and got her a box of nice Belgian choc made by those chocolatiers! It was just a small appreciation from us. Oh and stacks for me, hopefully it's only the beginning of rewards ! Your prog is exactly the same as i have had since frantically working to improve it from 17 and yest bt it had picked up to 77!

Milly my first bleed was around the early five week mark. It's so bad that we bleed but its good that we can at least share our exp and reassure each other !

laned iam so sorry love that you (and the other old timers from this thread) had to be the little guinea bunnies but your knowledge, exp and guidance sure does give us some comfort. So thank you for sharing with us.