Closed Thread
Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Hi Nicole - how are you going? After my back to back BFN's I am now back in overseas where DH works. I remember when I came over in Feb I was so excited thinking out of 2 cycles one shd work at least esp it being stim no.5. But I try and not dwell upon it too much. I do have a frostie and at first thought I'd give that a go.....but now thinking of moving straight to donor cycle, I am just skeptical if the frostie is going to work and flying in from overseas to have a frostie that doesnt thaw is something I am not looking forward to. In saying that I havent totally given up on it, I will eventually to a FET but just when the time is right. How's things with you? Any scary bleeds - hope not.

Hampton - welcome back, I remember you as I have cycled with you before. Good luck and Cooper will have a sibling soon!

KJ35 - hope your journey is nice and short here. Sometimes we need to take that break and then get back onto the roller coaster once again. Good luck with your cycle.

KtKing- sorry but I have some questions for you - again! I am thinking of doing donor around June. Its pretty hard trying to coordinate things from overseas, I will be speaking to the donor coordinators and have already spoken to FS. With the counsellors what type of questions do they ask? Did you and your donor attend counselling together or separately? And did you and your donor (your sis?) have to take meds to sync your periods and do you have to start at a particular time within your cycle? Any info you give will be greatly appreciated as I am pretty new to this. I am just hoping that my niece being 23yrs the clinic wont consider her to be too young - I have heard that they normally like donors to have finished their own family but dont know if this mandatory. My niece has a 3 yr old and isn't thinking of anymore at the moment but who knows in future, besides, if she does, she does have time on her side. Although she offered without me even asking her I sometimes feel so selfish and guilty. However, she feels like she isnt doing that bigger a favour at all and its a small thing for her, she has seen me cycle and said 2 weeks time out of her life is nothing compared to what I can have for life. I asked her how would she feel if i gave birth and she said exactly the same way she feels and loves her other cousins - as the baby will grow inside me, she said I will be the mum and she cant feel the same way as does with her own son. In fact she has said if she have surplus she wants to donate!

I am crossing fingers that by now Laned has given birth to her Springbok/beke and hope mummy and bubs are just fine!
    Hi Ann,

Sorry I've been MIA. We have just moved house and I have had some Internet issues.

Okay to your questions:

The counsellor just went through the entire donor process with us to make sure bot DH and I and my sister and her fiancé were well aware of the process and that we were in full understanding of each of our legal rights with the child that may come of the donor. We were all in the room together and I felt 100% comfortable discussing it in full with them.

Both my sister and I were put on the mini pill and told to stop on the same date to sync up our cycles. Basically the last one to get their period was the ones who's dates we used. With us though I had a breakthrough bleed on the pill and when I stopped just spotted very lightly. She started a couple of days later so that was our day 1.

23 should be fine. I don't think that's too young. They were willing to use my 18 year old sister if need be.

My older sister (who's 32) had not yet finished having kids. She only had one as well. She actually put off trying again for me so she could donate instead. She started trying herself as soon as her cycle started up naturally again. Just be prepared that their cycles do get messed up a bit after donating. It took 6 months for my sister to get pregnant again (luckily it worked and she is now 17weeks behind me). I went into panic mode and thought I had ruined it for her to have any more kids. QFG said its normal for donors to take up to 6 months to fall naturally after donating eggs. Their systems go into shock a bit I think.

Anyway, just like my sister your niece is an angel too. My sister had the same thought pattern. It was worth the sacrifice for her too. And as the pregnancy goes on I don't even think twice about this not being my baby. I feel both the joys and the painful rib kicks now. I have been the one to go through this pregnancy. And I'm the one who has suffered horrible morning sickness to grow this baby. She calls me every week and we catch up on our pregnancies. There is no doubt in either of our minds who will parent this child. Although, I have to say, I wish I had her pregnancy. 1-2 weeks of nausea and then nothing. I was so sick and lost so much weight I thought I was going to die lol. Ah well, it is all worth it in the end.

8 Weeks to go till due date!!!!!!!!

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    Hi Girls and a huge welcome to the new posters, may your journey be short and sweet. This thread kept me sane when I was embarking upon my IVF cycles and assisted in the finding of peace and coming to terms that continued attempts to use my own eggs was no longer viable.

I have really felt the power of the warm wishes and true spirit of all the wonderful women who have at some stage had contact with this thread and cannot thank you all enough for the love and support.

We are at home now and recovering well. I still find myself staring at little Will in absolute awe and cannot believe that he is finally here. I truly feel like one of the luckiest people on the planet.

I have had major probs with breast feeding, with my milk still not in!!! I am taking fenegreek and Motillium and have been chained to a breast pump mind you with little effect. That said, we commenced comp feeding due to William loosing weight, but all good now with the top ups.

Thank you all again. Much love from the 3 of us xxx
    Hi Laned,

I completely agree with your comments about this page. It was so good to have people to talk to who were on the same page as me and could understand the pain of multiple failed IVF attempts.

And a BIG CONGRATUATIONS to you and DH for the birth of your little boy. How exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ktking thank you for your reply. I spoke with the QFG donor coordinators and she was really nice and send me some info. Yes 23 is fine she said. Which is really funny cause I spoke with IVFA in Sydney (I called the no. on QFG page but the call was routed there), they werent too excited about 23 (said something about younger generation, etc) and that she was a niece ( I was like it is my niece not my husband's niece - in case she didnt hear me clearly!!). It wasnt very positive looking but anyway she told me it was best I spoke with QFG directly (which i was going to do anyway) as donor laws differs from state to state and clinic to clinic. But QFG came back very positive so that was good).
    Gosh not long to go for you!! Have you been bub shopping and picked out names yet? Take it easy!

Laned - good to hear you are back home! Not good to hear bout the milk problem! I had the same problem with DD except that I had plenty milk and NOTHING was coming out! I had the auto milk pump hooked on at hosp for hrs and wld only barely have an ounce! I was wearing breast shells, the nurses were shoving the baby's mouth.....ouch. My breast was so big and sore, got a bad fever, then the Dr advised no breast milk just formula, as two weeks later and it still wasnt coming out and DD was already mostly on formula. When I had DS same problem but we stopped stimulating my breast quickly to dry out the milk. I guess you might be getting lots of baby tips - I hope you dont mind if I add on! One thing I found that helped bubs sleep better was a massage before morning bath with a little very gentle arms and leg exercise and with a nice back rub, also did that in the evening. My mum taught me that and said to me imagine if you were lying down in one position in bed all the time - wldnt you love it if someone rubbed your back!!! Now my DD is 16 and DS is 14 and they still like getting their massages! DH isnt their biological dad but for all purposes their dad ever since my DS was in preschool! Hope your milk problem will get better very soon!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A message of hope

To all the strong women who read this page and all their patient and loving partners. I just wanted to check in and give you all some good news, a little hope. My husband and I were lucky enough to welcome a darling little girl on 18 April. After all the problems we had early in the pregnancy we were unsure if we would make it and if our baby would be ok. I can happily report thanks to beautiful Warren DeAmbosis we have our precious baby to hold and love and she is perfect in every way. Miracles do happen. It happened to us and I wish all of you your own little miracle some day soon.

I also want to thank everyone for their support in the lead up to, and during our pregnancy. It is a beautiful little community here. It really helped me in so many ways. Special thanks to Laned, how is your little springbok?

Take care ladies, continue to care for one another in this crazy rollar coaster ride we endure to achieve our miracle.

Thanks
    Reviews

Laned I just read back a few pages to find you delivered a little boy. Congratulations on the safe arrival of William. I am so delighted for you and your husband.

How is William going? Life with a premmie new born is a little more challenging. My son was born at 35+4 (2.5 kg) and daughter at 38+2. I can tell you there is a huge difference in terms of feeds and needs. Hang in there with milk supply. Mine got there eventually and I happily breastfeed him until one year. It was a slow process in the beginning with lots of pumping and tears. Eventually we got there - message me if I can be of any help.

kt king
    8 weeks to go -
    I am thrilled to hear this after such a long road to this point. All the best the final uncomfortable few months.

To all the other ladies in their various stages - stay strong and hold into your dream. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bala - SOOOOO delighted for you. Congratulations a gorgeous little girl welcomed to your family. Much love and happiness to her. Thank you for your kind words. I feel as though you and I have travelled a very similar road and likewise I cannot thank Warren enough. I too attribute little Williams arrival to the infamous Wazza.

Hopefully milk will come in soon. Otherwise all well with little Will reaching 3kg yesterday. Much love xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I thought I would join in on this thread as I am in Brisbane too and just starting my fertility journey. I have been reading all your posts and love the success stories which show me that even though there may be a long road ahead, it is possible for us to get our BFP.

I am 31 and DH is 32. I was diagnosed with PCO in March and saw Glen Sterling at Life Fertility to check out our options. He commenced us right away on injectables and we had our first cycle of OI and TI in April. I had two good sized follicles but very thin lining, for which FS prescribed oestrogen tabs. Unfortunately we had a BFN :-(, which I found very hard to deal with... I guess it was the first time we really tried and it was disappointing to have my body fail to do what other people's bodies seem to do at the drop of a hat!

Anyway so I am on D8 of Gonal F at the moment and am due for an USS tomorrow which will hopefully have us triggering in the next few days and trying again. I bought Pre-seed this time around as I have read that lots of people have had success with it. Anyone use it on here?

We haven't told any family what we are doing as there is enough pressure from my family already about having babies and I just don't want to deal with the added pressure of them knowing and asking constantly etc. that's why I find the forums so useful and helpful... Thanks for all the stories of your brave journeys!!

Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kadre, good luck with your journey and I hope that your Appointment tomorrow brings you good news I know a bfn is tough but at least the dr learns from that cycle and it helps your get closer to your bfp eventually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on the babies...well this cycle is over for me my period came this weekend...I had spotting on Thursday and was so sure it was implantation happening because its never happened before so early day 5 after transfer but then my flow became heavier really upset and down just got to wait for confirmation on Friday with the blood test...on the positive we have one little frosty which we haven't had before...it just seems like such a hard journey and I'm feeling really down and tearful....I didn't have tests to see how thick or thin my lining was can you ask for this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kadre - welcome may your journey be short and sweet. A BFN is a very disheartening experience, evoking many emotions of fear and loss. Hopefully with the right cocktail you and DH will soon enjoy parenthood.

KJ - likewise for your recent BFN. It is so hard to remain positive at times and your feelings of teariness and feeling down are completely normal after what you have been through. Afterall embarking on a cycle holds with it excitement, fear, hope and dreams. May your little frosty be the one. Be kind to yourself.

AFM - I may be posting a bit infrequently herein. Have been busy tending to the little man. This does not mean that I will not be thinking of all of you.

We had the scare of our lives on Tuesday. I found little William unconscious and non responsive and had to resuscitate him. Thank god we hadn't gone to bed. He was transferred to the Mater and was discharged on Friday with a diagnosis of laryngospasm subsequent to silent reflux. We both have needed some counselling to deal with the ordeal. Unfortunately all is not over with our little man having had to further deal with projectile vomiting. So off to Paed again tomorrow. Hopefully our little precious man can have a bit of a break.

To KT, I look forward to your pending exciting news. Much love to your little upcoming family. To Ann, I sincerely wish you the very best on your journey. Many thanks for all the support.

The very best of fertility fortune to all other ladies. Xxx