Closed Thread
Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations ann17 what amazing news and numbers glad your progesterone is increasing, what a awesome niece you have good luck...I had my pick up today and got 19 eggs really pleased just hoping and praying for good quality because I never seem to get that so a tad nervous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KJ35 - wow, an amazing amount of eggs. For good feet rates.

Ann - Again, those HCG numbers are amazing. Progesterone can be a worry. Have you thought of intramuscular Progesterone? There is only one pharmacy in town that compounds it and it is in Aspley. That said, you could ask for an international script and get it from an international pharmacy. I was on intramuscular progesterone oil injections until week 12 along with oral and Pessaries. I truly hope you can have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy.

As for my health, feeling much better now that I am on Neomercazole. I am on a large dose until next month then drop it down to half. My endocrinologist wants me on it for 8 months. I will then have a trial off the drug to see if things have resolved if not, we will try the regime once again and then consider a thyroidectomy thereafter.

As for number 2, it will all depend on DH and the Graves' disease. DH, is a bit spooked because of risk of uterine rupture following the classical CS incision and of course management of the Graves will affect my chances of conceiving. He also remains affected by Will's rough start (poor little man having had the respiratory arrest at 3 weeks and stomach surgery at 4 weeks).

On that note, I cannot emphasise the value of learning CPR. I never in a million years thought that I would have to resuscitate my 3 week old son. Even though I felt so out of control, I did what needed to be done. The ambulance took 22 minutes to get to us and my baby stopped breathing again whilst we were waiting for the QAS and needed further rescue breaths. It was truly terrifying.

Thankfully, he is now a strong healthy 'chunky' little man.

Liney - I am now starting to feel great thanks and William is such a gorgeous little man. We are so very blessed, he is very placid and has slept trough since 8.5 weeks. Hope all is well with your gorgeous little family. Xx
    Last edited by laned; 17-09-2013 at 07:29.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

ann17  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great numbers KJ35. all continues well. Hope you are feeling ok and are resting up.

Great to hear little William is doing well Laned. I hope your health continues to improve.

Will definitely be booking into first aid refresher and one for babies too.

So looking forward to my second BT tomorrow, it really is just waiting waiting.

Wanted to know how soon you have to choose your hospital and OB? I'm not from Brisbane (only lived here 10 months), so am hoping that Wazza will be able to give me some suggestions.

Any suggestions from you lovely ladies would be great.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

ann17  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news Ann, such a precious gift from your niece. Sounds like twins too! Have you been using pregnyl?

Wow KJ 19 eggs is awesome! How many were mature & fertilised? I thought u'd get lots of extras with wazza.

Laned - it's amazing to read your story & how much you have been through. I do CPR every year for work & since having DD I'm much more conscious about it, but would never want to be in that situation. So frightening for you both.

ABH I would book in with an OB very soon they get booked out quickly. If you live Southside I highly recommend Brad Armstrong who now works out of the new Greenslopes maternity & is brilliant. Love him! I will def be using him again. Otherwise a few friends of mine have used Steven cattanach at mater private & speak highly of him. He's also good for high risk pregnancies, which if you have twins you'd be classified as that.

AFM, my best friend announced today she's expecting #2 in march & is 13 wks pregnant. I know it would have been hard for her to tell me as she knows what I've been through the past 18 months, but man it was hard to hear. Her first is almost 1, fell pregnant with both first month of trying - always the way. How do you girls handle it? I've been a mess all afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi everyone can I join in?

I'm from Brisbane and doing an IVF-PGD cycle with QFG. Start sniffing on Thursday & due to start jabs on 30th September.

This will be my first IVF cycle so excited but pretty nervous. I have no idea what to expect, if the medications will give me side effects etc. I'm nervous about the ET & the injections but I'm lucky to have an awesome DH who is supporting me through this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey a quick update I've not been too good had bad waves pains all way through the night from 8pm to 5am this morning with vomiting kept me awake every 15mins to half hour, warren was amazing been in a bed in his offices for two hours this morning to get some liquids in he says I haven't OHHS due to been too early just badly bruised ovarys not feeling too bad now...only 6 of my eggs fertilised I had about 10 immature ones abit disappointed I just hope these 6 make it really nervous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome heartstringz, the ladies on here are great for support! The first cycle is a bit daunting as its all new, it's not a nice process to go through but you get used to the injections etc fairly quickly. Can I ask what is the pgd for? A specific reason? I've just done a pgd - cgh cycle where they were testing for chromosome abnormalities & were quite surprised with our results. Sadly, mine ended up being ectopic but hoping to go again soon.

kJ I'm sorry to hear about how you've been feeling. You poor thing. IVF is so rough on your body. 10 immature isn't great either, hoping these 6 little ones make it to blastocyst so you have atleast 2 for transfer. Remember it only takes one, my DD's cycle only 1 made it blast & that was her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Elarwood thanks for the welcome The PGD is because my husband has a genetic disorder that we want to try & avoid passing on. If we conceive naturally we have a 50% chance of having a child with the disorder. If we do PGD we only have a 5% chance of having a child with the disorder. We spent a long time deciding whether to try naturally & just take the risk or go down the IVF track. Eventually we decided that this option was the right one for us.

I'm sorry that your last cycle ended with an ectopic, hopefully you can go again soon & have a BFP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to you Heartstrings, all the best with your first cycle. It is so nice when it gets underway, the first part goes pretty quickly. Its the TWW that is the killer!!

Elarwood it is so hard when friends announce their pregnancies. I don't know how I would have copped if we had not moved away from my home town (late last year), where all my friends live. My BF had a baby boy just lately, and even through I am so happy for here, it still hurts. My mum seems to say the most tactless things, which I just try to ignore. Facebook announcements are the worst, others seem to have no tact in their announcements, but I guess if you have no trouble TTC, you wouldn't even give it a second thought. I guess I just try to look at the positives, and pray that you will get their in the end. Thanks for the info on hospital and OB. I have PHI, so figure I may as well go to the Mater, will look into Steven Cattanach. I had a second BT today, so will just see results of that and then get the ball rolling.

KL35, so sorry to hear that you have been unwell. I hope that you are on the mend. I have my for your 6 little embryos. Thats great that Wazza has been looking after you, he is such a great FS. At least you know you are in good hands.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hope you BT is good today ABH fingers crossed. Well my 6 is now 5 and one of them is not doing too good so im down to 4 really I have 2 with 2 cells, 1 with 4 and 1 with 5 so its looking doubtful for any to freeze I just have to hope this is the one and keep everything crossed. I find it hard too when people announce their pregnancies I am so happy for them it just makes me sad because its what I want so badly, I think because of our age too we know so many people who are starting out with kids or are onto no 2.