Closed Thread
Page 34 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats HamptonK!

Best wishes to everyone else who is cycling/waiting

I'm booked in to see the FS on 26th August - our tentative date for the EPU at this stage is 11th October. Not sure what is involved in this appointment (this is my first cycle so completely new to me) but the receptionist said it was to 'get us all set up for the EPU'.

From reading back it looks like there are a few of us here going through QFG - is their new clinic easy to find? Can you still walk there from the train?

I'm excited to get started but nervous about the injections (hate needles) & the transvaginal ultrasounds (had issues with pap smears in the past).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heartstringz the new clinic is easy to find. You can still walk there from the train but it will be a slightly longer walk.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Hampton!

Sadly for me, hcg has been rising but last tests not doubling so wazza decided to stop all support. Words cannot express how heartbroken I am, esp knowing it was a chromosomally normal embryo. We are going to try a endometrial biospy, lipidol flush & intrapilids before FET on the off chance it may help but basically thinks we make crappy embryos, despite being 'chromosomally normal'. Maybe lucky #7. All the best girls, I'm taking some time out for a while to get my emotions in order, thank goodness for the lovely counsellors at qfg).

Thanks
    Reviews
    really sorry to hear what your going through elarwood hope it all comes together for you....I am going to not be on here too much through this cycle to try not to obsess over the IVF and try enjoy life more rather than letting the IVF take over my life. Me and the DH have decided we would love to have a baby more anything in the world but we have also come to terms with the fact we may not get our dream and that's ok because we have each other so I wish you ladies all the best too and congratulations hamptonk amazing news so happy for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Hampton! I was a month i think behind you when you were cycling for your #1. I am booked in next Wednesday for a FET, from the same batch I got my DD. And you bring me hope, so thank you! All the best for a smooth pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hampton - what a wonderful result congratulations.

Elarwood - I am so sorry to read your news. It is such a difficult road to travel. Take good care of yourself.

KJ35 - never give up Hun. It is a very personal decision, but egg donation is always a last resort option. I am the proud mumma of a gorgeous 16 week old boy thanks to a beautiful South African egg donor. Many countries have egg donor programs. We chose SA due to the cost, English being the main language and the huge selection of donors available. I was able to choose a donor who matched my physical characteristics and shared my educational qualifications.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (18-08-2013)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Hampton. Lets hope it's smooth sailing from here.

KJ35 - I agree with laned, I remember hearing the same news about our embryo quality and was devastated. We also went donor (from my sister) and now have a beautiful 7 week old daughter. I always said I'd do anything to become a mum, and now more then ever believe there is more to being a parent then genetics. I carried her and my blood fed and grew her inside me. I will never regret the decision to go with a donor, and I will never look at her as being my sisters child (although she does look a bit like her). She has our families genes and people who don't know our story, see me in her. I guess they see what they want. We went donor on cycle #8 because I couldn't keep going. I had had enough of IVF and all the disappointment. It was my last chance and it worked on the first go. I have also heard of many success stories from South Africa donors. As laned said, it is a personal decision that you can only decide for yourselves if you can live with it. It was the best decision of my life :-)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (18-08-2013),laned  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry elarwood Good idea to have some time out, then to try something different before your next FET. Sending love and strength

Best of luck KJ and congratulations Hampton!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly888 For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz, they have free parking at the new QFG in Spring Hill, you just get your ticket validated by QFG. It would be a bit of a walk from the train. I too hate needles, can't watch when I have a blood test, but have been fine with the injections and they really don't hurt. Needle is very fine, like a pin prick, my DH works away so I have had to do them myself, which I probably prefer. I didn't know I was having a scan when I had my first one, so I couldn't get myself worked up. It was fine and they have been fine since.

I am thinking of you Elarwood, I hope you are taking good care of yourself and that the counseling is helping.

I hope all is progressing well for you KJ35.

AFM - Another scan tomorrow, last before EPU which should be on Friday. It seems to be going so slowly, kind of excited and nervous at the same time about EPU and then waiting for grades etc. But the only way we will ever know if to try. It such a great help having you lovely ladies to talk to.

for all awaiting EPU, ET and in the TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had EPU today, will 14 being my lucky number. Feeling surprisingly well, but taking it easy and having lots of water and protein. Now the waiting game again.