Closed Thread
Page 30 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikkilee, I'm so sorry. It's such an unfair process. Nothing we can say can help you feel better other than thinking of you. You'll feel when it's ready to try again.

Welcome honeytips, good luck with fertilisation & transfer. Sounds like you are doing a day 3 transfer. Any particular reason?

KJ & ABH the waiting is certainly one of the hardest parts of the process!

AFM, my belly is very bloated and look 6 months pregnant & running out of clothing options to hide it! Otherwise doing ok, 10 sleeps til beta.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

nickilee  (31-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had a frozen transfer today. Ended up Doing a natural cycle. One frozen didn't survive the thaw and one did and we transferred it. We have one frozen left after that. We are hoping for good things as our son came from this same batch
    I have never had to do injections after a transfer before but fs have given me one to do tomorrow and Monday. Can anyone tell me what this shot does to help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some bad news - only 1 from the 9 eggs fertilized (my eggs were really dodgy) and I'm so worried that it wouldn't last until the date of transfer. Have you guys heard of anyone doing a 2 day transferred? My FS mentioned that we might have to do this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hampton - congrats on your TF. As for injections, it is likely Pregnly which is the HCG hormone, there is some thought that it may facilitate a pregnancy.

Honeytips - sorry to read your post, it is such a devastating roller coaster ride. In All but one of my cycles I was told my eggs looked dodgy and I had many 2day TF, there is arguments for and against both. There are threads on BH that discuss this. Wishing you loads of baby dust. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ35 View Post
    exciting Elarwood really good news on the 5 frosties and on your transfer hows the TWW going so far. Good luck ABH. Nickilee how is your two week wait going? Silverdragon how are you not heard from in you a while. for you all
    Hi guys, I have been laying low lately as I had my second FET which resulted in a BFN. I have lost alot of hope in ever achieving my dream and at the moment trying to reach a decision about which path to take. I am leaning more towards ttc naturally and I am on a major health kick, more than I am normall. I have quit coffee completely even though I only had one a day and am very closely monitoring my sugar intake (I work with a few diabetics so getting alot of tips from them).
    Thanks for checking up on me KJ but I have just lost alot of myself through this process and I feel like my body is a stranger. I had such strong reactions to the pregnyl injections I had on the day of transfer and following. I was so lethargic and it felt really awful on my body. I am now detoxing!!
    Infertility is such a horrible thing to go through and I was reading online the other day that the same feelings of depression and anxiety a woman goes through is the same as a woman suffering from cancer!
    Elar, I saw you were getting the testing done on your embies and it sounds like you have a great batch there. From what I hear that testing has been very successful in the past. You are on a great path for success.

I haven't had the chance to read through everyone's posts but I wish you all the best until I return to this thread, if ever.... I hope you all have disappeared from this thread and are in the expecting mothers section

7. The Following User Says Thank You to silverdragon For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope the days are not dragging for you Elarwood. Has the bloating gone down??

for you today Honeytips, I hope you have got some good news.

Sounds like a good batch HamptonK, for you too.

to you Silverdragon.

AFM - waiting for AF to arrive, it feels like its coming. Wish it would hurry up. Just want to get an idea of when EPU will be. DH works away so he will take sick leave for EPU if he is not here. Want to be able to give him as much notice as possible. I so like to plan ahead, so having to wait for things to happen before you can move on to the next is hard. I haven't told my work I'm doing IVF and don't think I will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Silverdragon sorry to hear about your BFN. I know how you are feeling I keep going in out of the depression and am on a major health kick myself to increase my chances with IVF. I feel like I am happy one minute and then on a major downer the next questioning how much more I can take I don't know were I am finding my strength from but it keeps coming. Do you still have 2-3 frosties on ice? I hope you come back and join us when your feeling up to it again thinking of you Are you feeling any better Nickilee? Elarwood how is your TWW going? ABH hope your AF arrives soon so you can get going. I'm getting impatient now for the tests next week. Hamptonk good luck hope you get a BFP with your frozen transfer I can't answer your question on the injections after because I did a natural transfer. Honeytips sorry to hear you only got 1 but it only takes one and this could be it (I know this doesn't make you feel better it never does with me), I have heard of day 2 transfer but not too much info on it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Hampton! I hope you get your BFP how cool would that be from the same batch!

Honeytips, sorry to hear your news. It's an unfair process. Only takes one though, you never know! Are you on anything for improving egg quality?

Silverdragon, I'm so sorry to hear of your second BFN. It really does suck. Have you tried counselling? They really help to put it into perspective. The counsellor i saw on my last cycle explained infertility is like dealing with repeated loss. the constant hope, disappointment etc & it really does take its toll. Def have had many feelings of depression & anxiety along the journey. I honestly think the first few failures are the worst cause you really think it's going to work. We ve had such a successful cycle so far with wazza & doing the testing, and who knows where we would be if we had of stayed with old FS & not done the CGH. Easier said then done, but don't give up hope, miracles do happen & it will work one day.

ABH, I'm only 5 days post transfer & still 8 days to go! The bloating is there but I'm not feeling sick anymore. I'm trying to reassure myself if this one doesn't work, it's okay, we'll try again next month with 2 embryos. I'm still overwhelmed with our success so far, whatever Wazza did worked for us. So I know you'll have a good cycle with him. For me, EPU is around 12-14 days after starting injections.

Same to you KJ, I know you'll have a really good cycle with wazza this time. It was our 4th cycle but 1st with him. What drugs does he have you on? I honestly think the clexane, aspirin & using menopur got us the 34 eggs! Plus all the supplements we were taking. We added maca powder, l-carnitine & l-arginine as well which could have also helped.

trying to stay very busy & positive, but also have a back up plan. Repeated failures have taught me one thing, never to be too confident & always have a plan if it fails. 8 sleeps til beta!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    Hampton - congrats on your TF. As for injections, it is likely Pregnly which is the HCG hormone, there is some thought that it may facilitate a pregnancy.

Honeytips - sorry to read your post, it is such a devastating roller coaster ride. In All but one of my cycles I was told my eggs looked dodgy and I had many 2day TF, there is arguments for and against both. There are threads on BH that discuss this. Wishing you loads of baby dust. X
    Thanks laned and all you wonderful ladies for your support. My FS was supposed to get in contact with me today to let me know what's going on with my egg and I haven't heard anything!! I called the office twice leaving messages with her receptionist and then left a message on her mobile and still nothing. I don't know what to think and it's such a horrible feeling being in limbo not knowing what's happening. Totally stressed out right now. I rather know for sure than to spend another day wondering. Have any of you guys experienced this? FS not getting back to you to re: egg development?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elarwood View Post
    Honeytips, sorry to hear your news. It's an unfair process. Only takes one though, you never know! Are you on anything for improving egg quality?
    Thanks Elarwood. Nothing at the moment...I never thought that the problem was my egg quality until I got that call yesterday. I'm going to start looking into a few things - first up changing my diet and I'm also considering starting acupuncture. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!