Closed Thread
Page 28 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi Milly
    I am an old member of this thread and have just read you post. I did two cycles with one fs before moving to wazza and having success. with my first fs he did the same protocol everytime and would not change it and on my 2nd fresh cycle felt that he really stuffed a lot up and I should never have went to transfer and maybe he was more about the money than the end goal so after losing trust in him I seeked a second opinion with wazza and never looked back. He was brutally honest with us from the start and I felt that he gave us options the whole way through and it was more about us and the end outcome rather than just another girl on the books. Wazza will definitely do all the tests before hand, will give you all the options and will respect your decisions and I can tell you that he reviewed my file from the first fs and basically said..that didnt work so lets do the exact opposite even down to the choice of drugs and he had success and we now have 18 month old twins. things I liked about wazza was that every step of the way he gave us choices and also answered our questions honestly. Icertainly do not think it would hurt for you to get a second opinion..ivf is expensive both financially and emotionally and I think if you dont have confidence in your fs then maybe it is time to seek another opinion. Apparently if you tell the receptionist to put you on cancellation list you can sometimes get in a lot quicker..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF started today so booked in to see Wazza at 5.50am tomorrow morning (I wonder if he'll be offended if I rock up in my pj's at that time of the morning), for scan, blood tests and to pick up injections. It is my first time on this rocky road so I'm nervous and excited!! I got in with Wazza on a cancellation so don't lose hope if they give you an appointment months away as they phoned me back three days later with a cancellation👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling Elarwood? Not too sore from EPU?

Welcome Milly, I was seeing another FS @ QFG. But was not happy, so made appointment at start of the month to see Wazza, was told first appointment would be February 2014, but went on the cancellation list and have already seen him. So I would definitely make an appointment. We start our first IVF cycle with him this month.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with what all the girls have said about wazza. He will really do things differently! For us, a different cycle with different drugs got us 34 eggs!

Out of 34, 30 were mature & 20 fertilised :-) hopefully they continue to grow okay as we always loose a lot. I am VERY sore - bloated & tight from all the fluid that fills back up. I felt this way when I had mild OHSS in 2010 with my DD's cycle so it's not looking like ill escape it.

Good luck with your scan etc tomorrow Tandi.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tandi good luck in your cycle did you go in your PJ's?, welcome Milly its my first time with Wazza and before we go into a cycle he's doing all the tests on us our previous FS didn't mention, DH is doing all his sperm tests and i'm going in on the 8/8 to be tested for kill cells and have a flush out etc that way it narrows it all down to embryo quality, he will do all the tests you ask for definitely recommend going to him, when I joined this thread I hadn't heard of him and now i'm so thankful for it and all the ladies opinions definitely the best thing I did....Elarwood awesome news 20 fertilized im so happy for you have you found out any more info on them yet? fingers crossed you don't loose a lot. how are you feeling?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow most of us are with wazza! I have complete faith in him. He will def do all the tests first, try new things etc & put you on a whole heap of meds & supplements. Who knows what made the difference for us, but it certainly made a significant difference so far.

I am still in extreme pain, not eating but plenty of fluids & sustagen. Transfer is still going ahead on Saturday. Day 2 results were:
    2 @ 5 cells - grade 4 (best grade so far)
    15 @ 4 cells - 9 grade 3 (average) & 5 grade 2 (below average)
    2 @ 3 cells grade 3
    1 @ 2 cells

Day 3 report tomorrow & they will biopsy any good quality 6-8 cells for CGH & send cells to Melbourne. Fingers crossed we get good numbers for testing, it looks llkr the extra money we spent on cgh could be worth it. Wazza will transfer 2 cgh normal embryos but I am thinking only one this time again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so happy for all of the girls that have transferred to wazza. You won't regret it! Stay positive and believe that your miracle will come.

Elar - I can't believe your haul of embryos! How exciting. Crossing everything that you have a perfectly healthy one. Don't be afraid of transfer with ohss. I have had late onset ohss with both my babies and yes, it's never fun but certainly bearable. And it does go away. But if you do get your bfp be prepared that the ohss might worsen. Can I give you another tip? By yourself an extra large watermelon and snack on that all day. It's 90% water and much nicer than plain old water. Also iceblocks are a good snack but not really the season for it!

Afm - I will be 29 weeks tomorrow with my second wazza miracle. We don't know what we are having and I am starting to get very excited to find out when bub is born

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

elarwood  (25-07-2013),Milly888  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ35 I didn't go in my pj's which was a good move as his waiting area was FULL! I have my esky ready and waiting as he has me starting 'day 2' on Friday which will then be my real day 5😏 It puts our schedule a bit out of sink especially with hubby working away but he'll just put in leave, lucky he has heaps due.
    I've been given puregon and cetritide (so chuffed to finally be in on the medication names hee hee).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one to let you know they tested 15 embryos today (day 3) with results on Saturday at transfer. So 15 out of 20 going well. We will see.

all the best on your cycle Tandi. It's a good feeling when you start.

Thanks for the tips Nicole, really appreciate it. Got watermelon & iceblocks today & going down well. I'm actually feeling much better. First cycle that got DD I had mild hyperstim & it worked so I'm prepared to go through it again if need be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now that would of been a shock for you Tandi if you did walk in in your PJ's then! good luck today, im itching to start my next one and I have 3 weeks yet, waiting for DH's test results and then go have my tests, before I started this IVF journey I'd never been put to sleep before and only been in hospital 3 times been put to sleep that many times now ive lost count.....wow elarwood that's amazing news fingers crossed you still have double figures for day 5 its looking good. how many you transferring 1 or 2 have you decided? me and DH do not agree on this, i want 2 but DH is adamant on only 1.