Closed Thread
Page 22 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Nickilee, 5 years is a long time not to have a period! The longest I ever had was 6months and that was when I was diagnosed pco. I have never been overweight with the pco so the Dr that diagnosed me was a little baffled I had it. I was on the pill as a teenager and it was awful. I stopped itaafter a few months. From what I understand with pco it is an estrogen dominant condition so adding more estrogen is not good. They say one of the better hormones to give is progesterone. I am speculating that this is my biggest problem, progesterone deficiency.
    Perhaps the weightloss and medications are helping to normalise your cycles? Would be interesting to see what the Dr says....
    I did a detox and started exercising alot more at the beginning of the year then had my shortest cycle ever, 21days then that is when ivf epu started. I was feeling the best I had in years and wonder if that gave me good quality eggs. The cycle after that was 24 days long. My cycles had normalised over the past few years to 35days. Going on the clomid mid last year when ttc naturally seemed to make my cycles more regular. I was very stressed and unhappy at the beginning of last year and had a cycle length of 3 months. Blood test showed I didn't ovulate and my prolactin was very high. I am very happy that my recent bt showed all of that was normal.
    Oh the joys of pco!!!
    I am off to get my progesterone bt this morning and we will see if transfer is going ahead by the end of the day I guess.
    Good luck to all the ladies with the next cycle. I hope this is the month foruus all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikkilee, do you find the ovidrel support helps during the iui cycles? Is there anything in particular your DH did to help low count motility & morph? We ve tried absolutely every vitamin & supplement, Chinese herbs & accup & it does help but no where near normal levels.

Silverdragon, it's funny you say that your cycles normalized to 35 days as that's exactly what mine are with PCO. I also have low progesterone & spot for up to a week before AF but last cycle did pregnyl as well as crinone & AF wasn't early for once.

AF finally arrived in full force so see FS on Monday (day 6) to see if I can start injections. Ladies for us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Elar good luck for the FS appointment on Monday. Yes I also spot for one week prior to af . Looks like we have alot of similarities. Mind you, being on the ivf meds has changed the way my cycles are which is no surprise I guess.
    I still don't know the result of my progesterone blood test from this morning. I hope to find out tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elarwood View Post
    Nikkilee, do you find the ovidrel support helps during the iui cycles? Is there anything in particular your DH did to help low count motility & morph? We ve tried absolutely every vitamin & supplement, Chinese herbs & accup & it does help but no where near normal levels.

Silverdragon, it's funny you say that your cycles normalized to 35 days as that's exactly what mine are with PCO. I also have low progesterone & spot for up to a week before AF but last cycle did pregnyl as well as crinone & AF wasn't early for once.

AF finally arrived in full force so see FS on Monday (day 6) to see if I can start injections. Ladies for us all!
    Hi Elar. DH takes Mens multi, vit b & zinc, he also cuts out alcohol, doesn't smoke, has only 1 coffee a day, increased water, wore boxers when at home, didn't put laptop on his lap. Had low quality / morph & now has Cat 1, the count & motil were high before but have also improved. Now I'm concerned about egg quality after 2 failed IUIs, any tips to improve?

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with progesterone bloods Silverdragon, I'm sure it's all ok ready for transfer.

nikkilee, DH does all those things you mentioned for last 18 months as well as Chinese herbs/acupuncture. We've added maca, l-carnitine, l-arginine & waiting on melatonin from US. For egg quality I've read co-enzyme, royal jelly, & the maca, melatonin etc is good. Wazza also recommended myo-insoitol (also from US) that is helpful with metformin for PCO, I've been on the metformin & myo-insoitol for past 3 months so it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

nickilee  (04-07-2013),silverdragon  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elarwood View Post
    Good luck with progesterone bloods Silverdragon, I'm sure it's all ok ready for transfer.

nikkilee, DH does all those things you mentioned for last 18 months as well as Chinese herbs/acupuncture. We've added maca, l-carnitine, l-arginine & waiting on melatonin from US. For egg quality I've read co-enzyme, royal jelly, & the maca, melatonin etc is good. Wazza also recommended myo-insoitol (also from US) that is helpful with metformin for PCO, I've been on the metformin & myo-insoitol for past 3 months so it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference.
    I bought Melatonin in the Bioglan brand yesterday from Priceline, is it the same as the one from the US?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickilee View Post
    I bought Melatonin in the Bioglan brand yesterday from Priceline, is it the same as the one from the US?

No it won't be the same. What is the strength on the jar? In Australia you are only allowed to buy the homeopathic strength over the counter. Unless they have changed the restrictions recently...hence why I bought from the USA. You can buy it in Australia thru a compounding chemist but the cost is very high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    No it won't be the same. What is the strength on the jar? In Australia you are only allowed to buy the homeopathic strength over the counter. Unless they have changed the restrictions recently...hence why I bought from the USA. You can buy it in Australia thru a compounding chemist but the cost is very high.
    Oh I'm not sure, I think it says 6x, but it does say homeopathic on the label. Oh well I'll take it anyway, says it helps sleep & anxiety

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all hope everyone's going good.... Well I got a text last night about a cancellation with Wazza that day, devasted she sent it in the morning but I didn't get it till last night oh well got to keep positive and hope another comes along...how are everyone's cycles going? Me and my DH don't take any supplements (other than elite for women and the one for men) just wondering if we should be doing more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickilee View Post
    Oh I'm not sure, I think it says 6x, but it does say homeopathic on the label. Oh well I'll take it anyway, says it helps sleep & anxiety

It won't hurt so you may as well take it. The melatonin is great for sleep!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

nickilee  (04-07-2013)