Closed Thread
Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations Bronwyn! Enjoy being a new mumma! Hope you recovered well from the birth xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful girls ladies. Absolutely wonderful news and little miracles they are. Xx enjoy motherhood. Makes this tough journey worth it in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3rd IUI next week if all goes to plan & now 3rd FS.. cause the one taking over while my original one is on leave, has also gone on leave.... Lil frustrating but a friend said look at silver lining.. more experts could give better chance of success.

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nickilee how long does a IUI cycle take? ive only ever done IVF cycles so unknown on anything else. Your friend is right there is a positive there but still I would be frustrated too, I'm nervous about another change of FS and Clinic for my next go but excited too. ABH - how are you doing? how did your acupuncture go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ35 View Post
    Hey Nickilee how long does a IUI cycle take? ive only ever done IVF cycles so unknown on anything else. Your friend is right there is a positive there but still I would be frustrated too, I'm nervous about another change of FS and Clinic for my next go but excited too. ABH - how are you doing? how did your acupuncture go?
    Hi KJ. Cycle is my usual length, 26 or 27 days. I take Clomid cd2 - 5, have US CD11 to check follicle size & amt (1 or 2 of 19+mm is good to go), then Ovidrel trigger usually same day, cd12 IUI in the afternoon, cd18 Ovidrel top up inj then wait with fingers crossed till AF due date

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nickilee. Good luck for your next cycle. I will also be doing the ovidrel top up thing this cycle. My FS calls it fertiliser :-)
    I had my bloods done on Friday and the Dr said they are all normal. I got the results sent to the acupuncturist to get her opinion on them. Tomorrow I get another blood test for progesterone done. If not normal the FS said he will cancel the cycle which makes me happy in some ways. Saves me wasting my embies when my body isn't behaving.
    How is everyone going with the acupuncture?
    When my follie was growing the acupuncturist put some needles in my navel and slightly twisted the needle there to stimulate the effect and I felt like electricity was shooting into my ovary. It was a bizarre feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your 3rd iui nikkilee, having a new FS may be some good luck that you need! Fingers crossed!

Silverdragon what did your accupuncturist say about the bloods? I always like a second opinion from a different perspective. Fingers crossed for transfer next week!

The acupuncture is amazing stuff! Lots of studies show good things. DH & I have done acupuncture last 5 cycles, & while it hasn't given us a baby it certainly felt like it helped with better quality sperm & embryos. Wazza doesn't think it's worth the money, & we've decided to give acupuncture a miss this cycle as spending the extra 4 grand on PGD something has to go. I hope we don't regret the decision.

AF still hasn't arrived, although starting to spot so hopefully soon. Having progesterone bloods tomorrow to check what is going on. Hanging out to start injections argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nickilee your cycle length is very short for a person with pco!
    Elar I will let you know what the acupuncturist has to say. I will see her tonight at 8pm. Yeah a second opinion is good! She has alot of knowledge and fills in the blanks for me after I get info from the Dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elar the acupuncturist said my bloody were normal also. I have a progesterone bt tomorrow which will determine if transfer will defo go ahead. At this stage my biggest complaint is bloating and gas from the pregnyl! I hope it goes away soon! I don't know how I will cope with more of these next week =-O

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdragon View Post
    Nickilee your cycle length is very short for a person with pco!
    Elar I will let you know what the acupuncturist has to say. I will see her tonight at 8pm. Yeah a second opinion is good! She has alot of knowledge and fills in the blanks for me after I get info from the Dr.
    From the time symptoms started at 22 yo with 30 kg weight gain in 1 yr, my periods basically stopped, expect maybe once a yr, so I didn't have a cycle for about 5 years even though on the pill. At 28 yo saw my first FS & started Metformin, lost 10 kg & cycles started again, they normalised over next few yrs & from about 32 till now, 37, I've had mainly regular 28 day cycles. Since starting Clomid in Feb they have reduced to 27 & now for the last 2, 26 days. Still have PCO, u can see it on the day 11 US, some mths more than others. I think I will ask FS this time why they r getting shorter & what effect that has...

Last edited by nickilee; 02-07-2013 at 23:13.