Closed Thread
Page 18 of 91 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not looking like I'm going to get Wazza then because I'm too impatient and I don't want to miss out on my next cycle next month, nickilee my acupuncture lady recommended Wesley Monash, I hadn't heard of them before. I am heading towards QF because of all the good recommendations I may ring her again and see who else other than Wazza at QF she'd recommend
    thanks elarwood that's really helpful info about the PGD looks like I need to read up more on this, from all the research Ive done to date it's rare not to freeze day 5

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Hey ladies I am sooo sorry to barge into your thread (Iam an old-timer from this thread ).

Ktking - just wondering if you have had your bub yet and how are you going? Hope you still read this thread.

Nicole - so nice to read you are going great! I will be doing my DE (my niece) cycle in Sept, cant wait!

Laned.

Once again sorry ladies......good luck to all you all in this tough journey....
    Hi Ann,

Yeah I'm still floating around. Bub is still onboard. I had a Stretch and Sweep today so I'm hoping it will bring things along. If not I'm booked to get my waters broken on Friday.

I'll let you all know as soon as possible when things happen but by the looks of it we will have another Wazza baby by the end of the weekend :-)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ, I did 6 out of 8 of my cycles at the Wesley Monash IVF with Ross Turner. I loved it there and only changed due to him advising that our best chance of success would be with a donor sperm or egg (we ended up with a donor egg), and that clinic does not work with donors at all due to it being a religious clinic. I was told I couldn't even transfer my embryo created by a donor egg to their clinic for transfer if I chose. I gotta say I love Wazza though, he helped me get my baby :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've also heard really good things about Ross turner at Wesley monash. KJ have you thought of Julie Lindstrom at CFC if you want to stay with same clinic, apparently she has the best success rates. As for QFG, I've been recommended Scott Salisbury & John Hynes, and a friend who used Dr Hynes transferred 2 back on day 3 each time. Also Ben Kroon and A/Prof Yazdina were recomm by my accupuncturist. Such a hard decision, but getting a second or third opinion is worth it.

i never understood why an embryo that is fully expanded on day 5 & best quality doesn't implant when there's no underlying implantation issues. Until I read up on PGD. Just because an embryo looks perfect it doesn't mean it has all the right chromosomes to make a baby. Surely the weaker ones die off early. You just never know what ones are going to make a baby.

Ktking - all the best for a safe delivery of your long awaited baby. Such an amazing experience.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmmm don't know what's going on with BH, I just lost a large posting!!!

it is so lovely to see a number of new posters offering each other support. You guys may wish to organise a catch up amongst yourselves. I attribute my fertility journey survival to the beautiful women on this site and have gained a couple of lifelong friendships as a result.

Ann - it is so lovely to read your update. You must be so excited your niece is a true treasure.

Nicole 83 - Thanks for the lovely words. it is Ann whose niece is donating for her. My DH and I went to South Africa for a donor, having endured a long unsuccessful battle with IUIs and IVF. Thanks to the generosity of an amazing Sth African woman we now have a 9 week old bubba. Good luck to you.

KT - hanging out for your announcement.

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask, who is 'Wazza'? I am presuming that is not his actual name...
    I am currently with City Fertility and my FS is Dr Tronc. I am happy enough so far but didn't know about day 5 and 6 blasties and quality etc. Here I was thinking that if a blastie makes it to day 5 then the quality is good...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kt..so excited to hear that you will be a mummy very very soon. Good luck for a safe delivery

Laned..wow 9 weeks already. Time sure flies. Do you ever speak to Bronwyn..everytime I eat a cupcake I think of her and wonder how she is doing.

Silverdragon. Wazza is warren de ambrosius. Works at qfg and is a legend in my eyes and he got me my precious twins.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry ladies for being a serial poster...on holidays & hanging out for AF to arrive so we can start next cycle. Been through this emotional rollercoaster without any real support, and feeling so much better knowing i can chat to ladies who actually understand the process.

ilverdragon, Wazza as he known on here is Dr Warren Deambroise, he's an amazing FS & very unique.
    blastocysts give the scientists a better ability to pick which is most likely to make a baby, but not all of them are normal chromosomally hence the success rate etc I've had 5 hatching/full hatched blasts transferred & not one has stuck. Ladies I've read about on here that are doing the CGH (PGD testing) have found several, or most if not all of their blasts can be abnormal. That just blows me away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you everyone for your advice, I have booked a appointment with Ross Turner at Monash but his earliest was 15th August, I have also booked in with Doug Keeping (my Acupuncture lady recommended him) for Thursday 18th July so hopefully I will get a cancellation before this date. Silverdragon there is two Dr Warrens at QFG so i'd be interested to know who Wazza is too. I do like my FS but I am not happy about the day 6 blastie they say the lab will only freeze if they embryos cultivate to day 6 and I have lost about 7 because they were good at day 5 but not day 6 I would rather run the risk of the embryos not thawing than lose them, I would ask Dr Tronc about this. It would be good to organize a catch up I agree Laned

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elarwood View Post
    ilverdragon, Wazza as he known on here is Dr Warren Deambroise, he's an amazing FS & very unique.
    blastocysts give the scientists a better ability to pick which is most likely to make a baby, but not all of them are normal chromosomally hence the success rate etc I've had 5 hatching/full hatched blasts transferred & not one has stuck. Ladies I've read about on here that are doing the CGH (PGD testing) have found several, or most if not all of their blasts can be abnormal. That just blows me away.
    Wazza sounds like a good FS indeed! I am so glad you all have had so much success with him. Does he have a high pregnancy success rate has a good bedside manner?? Is his method to use more of a natural approach or does he still use medications to point the hormones in the right direction so to speak? Sorry for the questions, but I hear his name alot.
    The info about most of the embies being abnormal is so depressing. It is hard to think about the fact I have 4 embies in the freezer and they could all be abnormal. I have spoken to DH about this process and the costs involved and have decided to stop IVF once the embies are gone. I just hope for a miracle now as that seems to be what it takes....oh boy this takes alot out of ya!