Closed Thread
Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ I was with city fertility & same thing about the freezing, only freezing expanded blasts on day 6. Who knows how many we've lost as well. I've seen so many ladies change FS & after one cycle they get their BFP. Who knows if it's just chance or a change in cycles that helps.

Nicole, thanks for the link and info on melatonin and maca & l carnitine ill get my DH onto them, he will take anything to help.

Laned, how lovely of your niece to donate eggs. Good luck.

Nikkilee, it certainly is a miracle for anyone to have a baby. Such an amazing thing when it happens. All the best for your friend & her premmie.

silverdragon all the best on FET, looks like you have quite a few blasts on ice I hope they pick the right one for you!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (26-06-2013),silverdragon  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Silver dragon - glad you feel better it always helps when you feel happy in a cycle and at ease with it, hope your hormones are behaving themselves for you and the acupuncture is helping you

elarwood - I did wonder if you was when you mentioned about transferring 2, who was you with at city? We had Amanda Evans and now we are with Dr Das if he isn't willing to let us freeze at day 5 I am going to try and get in with Wazza because there is only a small number of my embryos that last to expanded day 6 and so many are wasted which I get distraught about.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

silverdragon  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    kJ, I was with Dr Das as well, i found him very lovely & thorough & always willing to spend the time to explain things but too conservative. Won't transfer 2 or try anything new. Considering we are doing a PGD cycle next I want to try absolutely everything & the move to wazza has given new hope. I never understood why they won't freeze anything other than expanded blasts on day 6, 3 out of 4 of our cycles we didn't get to freeze anything. I'm not sure what QFG are like, but the nurses said they prefer to freeze before they expand..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree he always explains everything in detail which i like because Amanda never did we got 1 freeze out of the two cycles with eggs and we lost 7 embryos due to them not freezing at day 5 and I think 1 or 2 from the first cycle due to not doing day 3 transfers either...I think I'm answering my own questions etc and need to change clinic...it will be one of the questions we ask QFG did you have to get a referral to QFG before you got a appointment with them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ35 View Post
    I totally agree he always explains everything in detail which i like because Amanda never did we got 1 freeze out of the two cycles with eggs and we lost 7 embryos due to them not freezing at day 5 and I think 1 or 2 from the first cycle due to not doing day 3 transfers either...I think I'm answering my own questions etc and need to change clinic...it will be one of the questions we ask QFG did you have to get a referral to QFG before you got a appointment with them?
    Kj if changing clinics is something you have decided on then get moving with a new referral ASAP. I have a work colleague who has just made her first appt with wazza and she can't get in until November. Maybe consider one of the other highly regarded Qfg doctors if you don't want to wait for wazza.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Hey ladies I am sooo sorry to barge into your thread (Iam an old-timer from this thread ).

Ktking - just wondering if you have had your bub yet and how are you going? Hope you still read this thread.

Nicole - so nice to read you are going great! I will be doing my DE (my niece) cycle in Sept, cant wait!

Laned.

Once again sorry ladies......good luck to all you all in this tough journey....
    Hi ann! So lovely to hear from you. All the best with your upcoming donor cycle. Sending you lots of healthy, sticky, baby vibes. This has to be your time! A new start with fresh eggs! Good luck xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elarwood View Post
    KJ I was with city fertility & same thing about the freezing, only freezing expanded blasts on day 6. Who knows how many we've lost as well. I've seen so many ladies change FS & after one cycle they get their BFP. Who knows if it's just chance or a change in cycles that helps.

Nicole, thanks for the link and info on melatonin and maca & l carnitine ill get my DH onto them, he will take anything to help.

Laned, how lovely of your niece to donate eggs. Good luck.

Nikkilee, it certainly is a miracle for anyone to have a baby. Such an amazing thing when it happens. All the best for your friend & her premmie.

silverdragon all the best on FET, looks like you have quite a few blasts on ice I hope they pick the right one for you!
    No problems hun. Look into get your supps from the USA as its much cheaper. I got the l-carnitine from vitamin warehouse at jindalee but all others were cheaper online.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

elarwood  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ, I rang QFG back in Jan & did have to wait 4 mths to see Wazza & only got in on a cancellation. Like Nicole said a friend rang today & next avail appt was December. I had to get new referrals for both DH & I & did it while I waited for new appt. I also had a copy of my file faxed over. QFG waived the registration fee as I came from another clinic. I think city fertility are very professional & are a wonderful clinic with supportive nurses etc & didn't have problems with thawing embryos, but from my understanding of embryos that are tested through PGD for aneupoidy, not all blasts or expanded blasts are normal (the ones the scientists pick) & sometimes the slower ones are the normal ones, and therefore any they don't freeze could be wasted. If that makes sense..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ35 View Post
    Good luck Nickilee how do you feel? I really hope you are.
    Not very optimistic.... have cramping for the last 4 or 5 days, just mild but still there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just reading the posts re which FS & clinic, does anyone have experience at Wesley Monash IVF?