Closed Thread
Page 1 of 91 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET ~ #10

Ann - I am so sorry about your BFN and that you even have to be having this internal debate.

Interestingly, it is exactly the circumstance I found myself in. I essentially went to Wazza for one last crack at the whip, mainly for my own internal struggle and to know that I had thrown everything at it. The only thing I didn't do was take the Saizan, mainly due to cost. That said, I know 4 people who have had remarkable success with it. So maybe that's worth considering.

The thing about Wazza is that he will give it to you straight and will give you a percentage chance and let you make up your own mind.

Good luck with your decision. Much love xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well AF arrived yesterday, so first iui is a BFN. So it is onto the next one. Hard to deal with the constant disappointment. Want nothing more a baby for DH and I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am wondering if anyone has done a six month course of Synarel between cycles? I have severe endo and adenomyosis and we are waiting another six months before we start the IVF cycle again. I am very blessed to have a six month old angel and I know the road will be tough althoug I have had it easier then most of you and it was you girls that got me through IVF last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Laned and Nicole - yes it is a tough one....I guess going to Wazza would be the last bid, however, time is not on my side! I am turning 41yrs next week and have been at this since I was 37! I didnt really do supplements as such apart from DHEA maybe couple of yrs and Royal Jelly, apart from the usual vitamins. I guess to give it another go by myself would be looking into supplements and giving myself few months to get my eggs into shape. Laned looking at your sig, how did you do that many cycles?! But I think my I cld probably get pregnant with my own eggs - I just dont know on what cycle no.! So I think I will start thinking donor now. Gosh Nicole from 0 to hero swimmers!! and that too just with supplements! I did read about Melatonin and got my FS to write me a prescription but for some reason I didnt see him to excited about it but I never got around to taking it.

ABH BFN's are very upsetting, try and be strong and keep pushing on until you get dream, its not easy path, stay strong with your DH.

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ann,
    I agree with Laned and Nicole. Wazza is so upfront and will tell you what he thinks. He did one cycle with us on our own and told my DH my eggs weren't good quality and even though it may have happened eventually on our own, it could have taken a lot more money we didn't have and a lot more time I didn't want to waste. I liked his brutal honesty. My previous FS wasn't as honest and I think tried to soften the blow too much. I have no regrets switching to Wazza. Even though his cocktail of pills couldn't get me a biological child, he still got me a child. My child. This is a decision that lasts a lifetime and can never be regretted. I'm sure you will come to the best decision that suits you and your DP. Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cycle ended up being longer last month so that means we will start our first cycle around 8th- 12th of may.

I feel a bit indifferent to the whole thing, rather clinical...but I feel like I should "feel" more emotion for my husbands sake as he is do anxious for a baby and its mfi that's the issue.

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    letiha - IVF is very clinical. It's not the most romantic way to conceive a baby. Make sure you and your DP spend time away from IVF together. Even a night in watching movies. Spending positive time together is important or the stress will become an issue.

People now wonder why we didn't find out the sex of our precious bundle and I tell them this. With all the interventions and poking and prodding of IVF, I wanted something to be a surprise. Something that nobody else can control or find out before me.

I was the same as you. It just became more about the routine of injections and drugs and scans, it looses that emotional tie that it should have. Trust me, it will all change in your mind when you see that positive test, see that first little flutter of a heartbeat and feel those first kicks. All those missed emotions come flooding back. Hang in there. Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ann Feeling a bit more positive after speaking with DH and close friend who under went years of TTC and IVF and now has a DS and another on the way. Seeing FS on monday and will disuss IUI this cycle and probably one more and them moving onto IVF. All the best in your TTC journey.

Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Thanks Laned and Nicole - yes it is a tough one....I guess going to Wazza would be the last bid, however, time is not on my side! I am turning 41yrs next week and have been at this since I was 37! I didnt really do supplements as such apart from DHEA maybe couple of yrs and Royal Jelly, apart from the usual vitamins. I guess to give it another go by myself would be looking into supplements and giving myself few months to get my eggs into shape. Laned looking at your sig, how did you do that many cycles?! But I think my I cld probably get pregnant with my own eggs - I just dont know on what cycle no.! So I think I will start thinking donor now. Gosh Nicole from 0 to hero swimmers!! and that too just with supplements! I did read about Melatonin and got my FS to write me a prescription but for some reason I didnt see him to excited about it but I never got around to taking it.

ABH BFN's are very upsetting, try and be strong and keep pushing on until you get dream, its not easy path, stay strong with your DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm from Brisbane too! I had my first IUI on the 3rd of April so coming to the end of my ttw and there is not much else I can think about! I'm trying to be as normal as possible and keep as busy as I can to stop fixating on it! I'm swinging between really positive and really negative, especially when my usual AF signs seem to be presenting! I don't know how you guys keep going!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone....just clicking into new thread.
    laned...not long now..so excited for ypu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

laned  (23-04-2013)