Closed Thread
Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 942
  1. #611
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    It was in the article Channy posted. Something about dtd when the man is in REM sleep. I was joking. (Hence the big grinny face )
    I know was just being silly

  2. #612
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,079
    Thanks
    7,244
    Thanked
    5,858
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ohhh cool lol DP sleep walks regularly... Maybe that could work to my advantage haha!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

    Funchu  (25-05-2013)

  4. #613
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,077
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Ohhh cool lol DP sleep walks regularly... Maybe that could work to my advantage haha!
    Ha ha mine too! So funny!

  5. #614
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,079
    Thanks
    7,244
    Thanked
    5,858
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeja View Post
    Ha ha mine too! So funny!
    I thought people were supposed to grow out of that when they are in early teens. Freaked me out when we first started living together! Now it just really irritates me if he turns the light on when I'm having a good sleep.

  6. #615
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Thanks
    1,494
    Thanked
    367
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just thought I'd copy and past the update I sent to a friend if anyone was interested to read how we went. Changed DHs name to DH of course for privacy. We are both very happy with how it went.

     The centre was super inviting, the nurse at the front desk was absolutely lovely and we straight away felt better because she was making jokes and talking to us like we were real people. The doctor was sooooo relaxed, DH said it looked like he was about to fall asleep, haha. He made us feel like we are normal people and that this wont be the big horrible scary thing we are probably thinking in our mind. He said DH has to have another semen analysis done but that it's more than likely going to be exactly the same or pretty close. He said with the morphology issue, it's the one thing that never really changes because its related to a mans DNA and not environmental. He said for me he's happy for me to not worry about bloods for now but to just get a pelvic scan done. I mentioned AF only lasts a day or two so he would like me to get a mid cycle scan to check my lining is building enough. He said if my cycles were irregular and I had a light AF then he'd be concerned but because they are like clockwork he doesn't think it will be an issue. He never mentioned my BMI at all so I didn't bring it up (It's on the form so it's not like I was hiding anything). We have our follow up appointment on June 28th where they will make the appointment for the counsellor and check we have all the right forms. After that, we just call them when we are ready to go and they order our drugs for us! He said he's confident we will take home a baby in no more than 3 cycles He never tried to make DH feel bad or anything and we both left there with huge smiles on our faces! So much better than the other FS we saw. I also found out that my GP and the last FS should have pointed out that my vitamin D is actually far too low considering we are trying to get pregnant and I should be taking a supplement. He said vitamin D is essential for a healthy pregnancy and he was shocked I hadn't been put on a supplement before this. So I bought some on the way home! All in all I at least know now that we can get everything we need to get done while I'm trying to lose the weight. He even said we can see a counsellor and then not even start for a year if we don't want to but it's best to get all this done now and then when we are ready we don't have to wait we can just start straight away YIPEEE!! I'm so happy!!!

    Thanks for reading lovelies.

    Channy and pony tail, how are you feeling?

    I'm still over the moon for you guys and squiggs!

     


    Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to butterfly2013 For This Useful Post:

    Ponytail  (26-05-2013),Three Little Birds  (25-05-2013)

  8. #616
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2013 View Post
    Just thought I'd copy and past the update I sent to a friend if anyone was interested to read how we went. Changed DHs name to DH of course for privacy. We are both very happy with how it went.

    The centre was super inviting, the nurse at the front desk was absolutely lovely and we straight away felt better because she was making jokes and talking to us like we were real people. The doctor was sooooo relaxed, DH said it looked like he was about to fall asleep, haha. He made us feel like we are normal people and that this wont be the big horrible scary thing we are probably thinking in our mind. He said DH has to have another semen analysis done but that it's more than likely going to be exactly the same or pretty close. He said with the morphology issue, it's the one thing that never really changes because its related to a mans DNA and not environmental. He said for me he's happy for me to not worry about bloods for now but to just get a pelvic scan done. I mentioned AF only lasts a day or two so he would like me to get a mid cycle scan to check my lining is building enough. He said if my cycles were irregular and I had a light AF then he'd be concerned but because they are like clockwork he doesn't think it will be an issue. He never mentioned my BMI at all so I didn't bring it up (It's on the form so it's not like I was hiding anything). We have our follow up appointment on June 28th where they will make the appointment for the counsellor and check we have all the right forms. After that, we just call them when we are ready to go and they order our drugs for us! He said he's confident we will take home a baby in no more than 3 cycles He never tried to make DH feel bad or anything and we both left there with huge smiles on our faces! So much better than the other FS we saw. I also found out that my GP and the last FS should have pointed out that my vitamin D is actually far too low considering we are trying to get pregnant and I should be taking a supplement. He said vitamin D is essential for a healthy pregnancy and he was shocked I hadn't been put on a supplement before this. So I bought some on the way home! All in all I at least know now that we can get everything we need to get done while I'm trying to lose the weight. He even said we can see a counsellor and then not even start for a year if we don't want to but it's best to get all this done now and then when we are ready we don't have to wait we can just start straight away YIPEEE!! I'm so happy!!!

    Thanks for reading lovelies.

    Channy and pony tail, how are you feeling?

    I'm still over the moon for you guys and squiggs!




    Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh Hun that sounds like a great experience hopefully in less the three cycles u will b well and truly utd!!

    Xxx

    Feeling normal thanks for asking xx

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

    butterfly2013  (25-05-2013)

  10. #617
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,077
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    I thought people were supposed to grow out of that when they are in early teens. Freaked me out when we first started living together! Now it just really irritates me if he turns the light on when I'm having a good sleep.
    Yeah I thought that too. I was freaked out at first too because I wasn't sure if I should wake him or leave him alone.

    I now have some pretty funny stories of finding him in our wardrobe or waking up to newspaper laid out outside our bedroom door for the puppy he thought we had

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teeja For This Useful Post:

    Funchu  (25-05-2013)

  12. #618
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,077
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Butterfly, I'm so happy you had a better experience with your new FS. If I remember correctly you saw Nicole Hope last time?

    I have everything crossed that your IVF journey is a short one

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Teeja For This Useful Post:

    butterfly2013  (25-05-2013)

  14. #619
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,079
    Thanks
    7,244
    Thanked
    5,858
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeja View Post
    Yeah I thought that too. I was freaked out at first too because I wasn't sure if I should wake him or leave him alone.

    I now have some pretty funny stories of finding him in our wardrobe or waking up to newspaper laid out outside our bedroom door for the puppy he thought we had
    Haha yea I always have heaps of funny stories. He got all his tools out one night to fix an imaginary hole in our bedroom floor!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

    Funchu  (25-05-2013)

  16. #620
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Thanks
    1,494
    Thanked
    367
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeja View Post
    Butterfly, I'm so happy you had a better experience with your new FS. If I remember correctly you saw Nicole Hope last time?

    I have everything crossed that your IVF journey is a short one
    Yeh that's right. Lots of people have found her great but we had a terrible time. Feel much more at ease at the new clinic. Thanks for the well wishes

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. TTC and not wanting to move #6
    By Sevven in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1480
    Last Post: 13-02-2013, 13:59
  2. TTC and not wanting to move #2
    By rainbow road in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 12:10
  3. TTC and not wanting to move!!!!!!!!!
    By pinkorblue in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1475
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 19:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car Restraints
Buying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!