+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You know, hypothetically if I had a case and had a hypothetical settlement....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Even if you don't have to pay until the end you still have to pay the outgoings when you lose.

Did your hypothetical lawyer charge extra out of your settlement? That's another cost that is often incurred. It's like interest on the fees they haven't billed until the end of the case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post

i am really struggling today and keep wishing that I had not ruined the doctor patient relationship..
    YOU didn't ruin the doctor patient relationship. The doctor did. Please. You didn't do anything except trust he had your best interests at heart, which he clearly didn't.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (10-06-2013),VicPark  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Even if you don't have to pay until the end you still have to pay the outgoings when you lose.

Did your hypothetical lawyer charge extra out of your settlement? That's another cost that is often incurred. It's like interest on the fees they haven't billed until the end of the case.
    My hypothetical contract with the lawyers was sooooo confusing I couldn't make head nor tail of it. Since my hypothetical case was clearly a right/wrong scenario losing didn't really matter as it wouldn't happen.

But I definitely think this is nothing you should be thinking about now. I just wanted you to keep records as in a year or 2 when you're 100% you may want compensation. Just record stuff and put it on the back burner,you have enough on your plate and lawyers suck almost as bad as your doctor. Honestly I found going through the hypothetical legal process almost as bad as the hypothetical issue that happened in the first place. And there's always a non disclosure agreement that means you can't talk about it, which can be hard. Often talking about things is healing (you're still allowed to talk to shrinks and stuff though).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs undercover, I just got round to reading the entire thread. You are doing so well. You can see from the start of the thread how much stronger you are becoming.

keep it up! x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pushie Parent For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What is happening now with the official process? You've done your interview, how long before a decision is made?

How's hubby going with things? Is he able to understand where this all came from?

And final question: do you have anything exciting on the horizon to look forward to? A wedding? Holiday? Night out on the town with hubby? Looking forward to a goal might help keep a smile on your face!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Undercover,

I've been following your thread and just want to see how things are with you? Are you feeling any better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    Well it has been about a month since I last checked in and about 3 months since I started this thread. Wow.. What a crazy ride it has been.
    Things have picked up a little.... I think the depression has eased some and I'm feeling a little better within myself. I still miss my GP and think about him A LOT, but I have let that relationship go and hopefully it gets easier.

i should start a new thread for this next topic, maybe I will actually....

Problems with hubby that just aren't going away.....

I just want to thank you all so very very much for EVERYTHING along the way. The official process with the medicl board is still underway & I will update this thread once a decision is made if anyone is interesting in knowing the outcome xxx

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Undercover001 For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (06-07-2013),harvs  (06-07-2013),kezanazz  (06-07-2013),Lauzy83  (06-07-2013),Lincolns mummy  (06-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (06-07-2013),moongazer  (06-07-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the update.

You have been so brave. I hope you can see that xx