+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been following this post from the start and just wanted to give some more advice.

Having been where you are I suggest you see a GP you really trust and ask for them to contact the local mental health system for you, they should be able to put you in contact with the local CAT team who will come out and assess you in your own home and if deemed safe for out patient care will visit you daily for up to a month, doctors, nurses and psychiatrists. They will be able to work out your meds, adjust as required and also provide you with 24/7 on call support while you go through this.

I found them to be a life saver and all while doing my day to day stuff.

Once they deem you stable them will send your report back to your GP who can then monitor you again and continue your med plan.

They are also able to put you in contact with many local organisations who provide free/subsidised counselling and further support.

Best of luck.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (03-06-2013),Uh-Oh  (02-06-2013),Undercover001  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

thank you all again for the helpful replies. Well I made it through the weekend and I went to WORK today. I did not expect I would be able to do that, but I did it! My boss is an amazingly caring beautiful woman who I would be so bloody lost without, and also my colleagues especially those I work closest to. I honestly work with the most amazing, supportive beautiful people I could ever wish to work with.
    For me, yes I still feel depressed blah blah but I did it. I have a psychiatrist appointment on Wednesday & I have gone back and seen my old GP, who I did shared care with during my pregnancy with me daughter & has seen me a few times here & there over the past year. He was really supportive too.
    Umm what else...
    I visited a girlfriend last night, she is my best friends sister in law and our dds are the same age and wanted a play. I see this friend occasionally, but she sees my doctor, yes the doctor, and loves him. Every time id heard her mention his name lately I felt like vomiting. She has seen him for 10+ years and he does her paps and everything.. Plus he sees her kids. She asked me what happened as she had heard a little bit from my best friend.. She said she saw him last week and he was bright red and really awkward with her (he knew we knew each other). Anyway she asked me what happened.. I decided to tell her because I thought seeing as she sees him for the things she does and the fact she trusts him with her dd and one day her dd may see him alone, I told her everything... She was in shock. She never wants to see him again, she said she's always found him creepy but had thought he was a great GP. Anyway we got talking about my issues, as I had never spoken to her about any of it, I guess it was a bit personal. She told me that last year she had an app with him and he told her "I see your friend *undercover*, wow she is in a bad wow, don't worry I will fix her". My friend had no idea what he was talking about & never bought it up with me because she had no idea how!!
    anyway, that in itself is so bloody wrong..
    well there's my update, thank you all again! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillac View Post
    Hi OP
    I am glad to hear that you are going to seek a psychiatrist appt. The meds should stabilise your moods but then psychological counselling has a role to compliment the medication.

I suggested going to the hospital as it is not normal to be crying for 10 hours per day. Is a family member or your DH looking after your daughter when you are in this state? I know you said that you would go to hospital if you were not functioning properly but right now it appears you are in a very depressive episode.

You are right that the hospital may not keep you admitted unless you are a risk to yourself and others but it will give you access to community mental health services .
    Hello,

Thank you for for that, I do understand what you are saying... Somehow I manage to keep it together (mostly) around dd. she gives me strength. But I do always have people to help if I really cannot do it.. She is always very well looked after

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post
    Hi ladies,

thank you all again for the helpful replies. Well I made it through the weekend and I went to WORK today. I did not expect I would be able to do that, but I did it! My boss is an amazingly caring beautiful woman who I would be so bloody lost without, and also my colleagues especially those I work closest to. I honestly work with the most amazing, supportive beautiful people I could ever wish to work with.
    For me, yes I still feel depressed blah blah but I did it. I have a psychiatrist appointment on Wednesday & I have gone back and seen my old GP, who I did shared care with during my pregnancy with me daughter & has seen me a few times here & there over the past year. He was really supportive too.
    Umm what else...
    I visited a girlfriend last night, she is my best friends sister in law and our dds are the same age and wanted a play. I see this friend occasionally, but she sees my doctor, yes the doctor, and loves him. Every time id heard her mention his name lately I felt like vomiting. She has seen him for 10+ years and he does her paps and everything.. Plus he sees her kids. She asked me what happened as she had heard a little bit from my best friend.. She said she saw him last week and he was bright red and really awkward with her (he knew we knew each other). Anyway she asked me what happened.. I decided to tell her because I thought seeing as she sees him for the things she does and the fact she trusts him with her dd and one day her dd may see him alone, I told her everything... She was in shock. She never wants to see him again, she said she's always found him creepy but had thought he was a great GP. Anyway we got talking about my issues, as I had never spoken to her about any of it, I guess it was a bit personal. She told me that last year she had an app with him and he told her "I see your friend *undercover*, wow she is in a bad wow, don't worry I will fix her". My friend had no idea what he was talking about & never bought it up with me because she had no idea how!!
    anyway, that in itself is so bloody wrong..
    well there's my update, thank you all again! x
    I would really advise NOT to discuss the situation with people apart from your DH and the professionals involved, or very close friends/family. The more times you tell your version of events the more it gets diluted and twisted by each person (who will inevitably retell it to other people and so the chain continues).
    I also wouldn't be getting too hung up on anything that other people tell you about what he-said-she-said. You don't need more tidbits of info to be worrying about.
    Just stick to dealing with and processing what you know or have experienced first hand - that's plenty to deal with!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellyfishie For This Useful Post:

babyla  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post
    Thank you for offering your advise.. I see what you are saying, I just do not want to sue him. It's like, in the back of my mind I keep thinking "he really was a good person who just screwed up because of his feelings, he's only human". I know he has messed me up ALOT but I just don't fully believe it was intentional, even though I know it was wrong, does that make sense?

I get what you are saying. That being said you are not in the wrong and as such you should not be disadvantaged financially in order to get yourself back to a healthy place. Your hubby and child should not miss out on that treat or luxury to ensure your health. The doctor, who broke professional guidelines, should fully pay for your recovery.

Hope you're doing ok today...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    I would really advise NOT to discuss the situation with people apart from your DH and the professionals involved, or very close friends/family. The more times you tell your version of events the more it gets diluted and twisted by each person (who will inevitably retell it to other people and so the chain continues).
    I also wouldn't be getting too hung up on anything that other people tell you about what he-said-she-said. You don't need more tidbits of info to be worrying about.
    Just stick to dealing with and processing what you know or have experienced first hand - that's plenty to deal with!
    Thanks for that. I guess I disagree a little.. (Sorry I don't like disagreeing but here is why...) I kept it all to me for so so long. The people I have chosen to tell, and I have chosen to tell some *partcilular" people. Some friends, close colleagues (very close colleagues) and it was the best decision I've made. There support during this has been vital so keeping it all in would have been worse..
    No I'm not hung up on hear say, was just interesting that he had shared that information with someone completely unrelated to me..
    Last edited by Undercover001; 03-06-2013 at 20:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I get what you are saying. That being said you are not in the wrong and as such you should not be disadvantaged financially in order to get yourself back to a healthy place. Your hubby and child should not miss out on that treat or luxury to ensure your health. The doctor, who broke professional guidelines, should fully pay for your recovery.

Hope you're doing ok today...
    That's Vicpark, I've come to love your replies (at the start I felt you didn't like me much.. lol!) thank you thank you thank you....

i see what you are saying there and god I'm tempted to try and seek compensation just to pay for my psych sessions.. But I don't think I will, I don't think I want the drama!

im doing ok.. These new meds I'm on have increased physical anxiety symptoms which has been a little scary but hopefully they ease up soon.. Seeing psychiatrist on Wednesday.. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Undercover when I went through my situation I found talking to people helpful. Do what you feel helps you. It's a bit like looking for answers, no one has been in that situation so they can't help, but I found talking about it helped neutralise the pain a but, it became like discussing the weather in the end, didn't upset me at all.

In regards to legal action you really can't do anything until a decision has been made he did cross the line. So don't decide yet. Wait a year and see how you feel. Your feelings may change. I know you just want the physc sessions covered but in reality if you think about it you haven't been able to work so you should be compensated for lost earnings. Your marriage has suffered and you and your DH may need counselling in the future so you should claim for that too. I'm not a lawyer but you will be amazed at how much you have been affected financially by all of this.

So in the interim start recording missed days of work (and back as far as you can remember). Write down when your shrink sessions are and how much they cost. I can't stress enough how important it is to record it because you will never remember later. Perhaps start a diary writing down how you feel?

Psychological injury is hard to prove if you're functioning. But you haven't been functioning for a while and it should be easy to prove. That being said I think going back to work is great for you.

Stay strong

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Undercover001  (10-06-2013),VicPark  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey OP, how are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hippygirl,
    I am traveling OK. Things are still of course hard.. Some days I hate what he did & that makes it easier. I want to feel like that all of the times cos when I miss him it is worse. Knowing I can never speak to him again stings badly. Not that I exactly want to, just cos I guess I have no control. I can tell I am better off whatout what he was doing to me, even though I miss it if that makes sense? The guilt and anxiety that came with the constant messaging has eased & my relationship with hubby is much easier to work on without my GP pulling me away from being able to do that. One day at a time I suppose! I have some things going on and some appointments this week that are worrying me a little I will elaborate later in the week but I am just trying to focus on getting better. I'm angry that he has made me so much worse, he was supposed to be helping me and it hurts that he put himself and his own desires before my life and health.

Welll there is my rant for today. I haven't been online much I struggle to think of what to write and I feel like I am saying the same things over and over (well I am...) I am really obsessed with it all. I don't know if it's normal how terrible I am feeling, my best friend told me I just need to stop thinking about it so much.. I am trying..