Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post
    Hi ladies,

can I ask, wouldn't admitting myself cause me to further deteriate?? I mean, being away from my normal life ... Obviously it takes a while for new meds to kick in and they can't really do much.. My hubby knows how I have been feeling and I have told a few family members too. I do not plan on hurting myself at all.. Sometimes I just really really want to & that can be so overwhelming when feeling how I do..
    firstly big hugs, huge hugs. I honestly wish I could give you a big hug.

I think admitting yourself is good step if not the best step for you right now.
    Please know there is support on many levels for you both proffessional and not ( eg your fellow hubbers)

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

Undercover001  (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs op. I don't have any advice but I often think of you and truly hope you're ok.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the risk of being judged for my advice I'm going to offer it anyway. Once all this settles down and the relevant governing bodies have decided of he has acted improperly I would sue him. He's messed you up good and proper.

With that in mind the laws for proving psychological injury are very harsh. If you do admit yourself to seek in patient help in a hospital or facility it would make your case a hell of a lot stronger. I think the help you get now could help you, and I think doing if could help you IMMENSELY if you ever sued him.

I once was subject to medical negligence and because I was still going about my every day life (albeit in tears) I had no claim on psychological injury.

But please in the interim call lifeline or beyond blue. It can't hurt.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I have looked a little further into inpatient treatment and right now I just do not think it is the best course of action. Of course, if I was completely suicidal and unable to control my behaviour, yes. But I am acknowledging my thoughts and seeking help. Apparently inpatient treatments are more to keep you in while you are a significant risk to yourself or others, revise meds and send you home. I think I am best to stay in "real world" situations and just let those around me know what I am feeling, which I have. I will be seeing my GP hopefully tomorrow to arrange an appointment with a psychiatrist; I would like my medications reviewed as I feel they should be helping more by now. My GP has just added epilem, has anyone taken that?
    Thank you all for your continued support I really do not know what I would do without this outlet!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    At the risk of being judged for my advice I'm going to offer it anyway. Once all this settles down and the relevant governing bodies have decided of he has acted improperly I would sue him. He's messed you up good and proper.

With that in mind the laws for proving psychological injury are very harsh. If you do admit yourself to seek in patient help in a hospital or facility it would make your case a hell of a lot stronger. I think the help you get now could help you, and I think doing if could help you IMMENSELY if you ever sued him.

I once was subject to medical negligence and because I was still going about my every day life (albeit in tears) I had no claim on psychological injury.

But please in the interim call lifeline or beyond blue. It can't hurt.
    Thank you for offering your advise.. I see what you are saying, I just do not want to sue him. It's like, in the back of my mind I keep thinking "he really was a good person who just screwed up because of his feelings, he's only human". I know he has messed me up ALOT but I just don't fully believe it was intentional, even though I know it was wrong, does that make sense?

in relational to proving psychological damages, is it really hard? My psych has been carefully documenting my progress and my mental health has been far far worse than it ever has throughout this ordel.. If I were ever to sue, it would only be to cover my psych app.. I do not want anything else. Apparently 95% of cases against doctors are settled outside of court, I guess to protect their name and their clinic... Again, this is something I just don't think I could do to him. For some reason I still want him to think I am a good person.

but god I would love to sue the practice manager! She has told all the GPS at the clinic about what happened, named ME, and now they will not see me there or at their other clinics. Isn't that confidential information? She never had to name me & destroy my name.. And who knows what story she told. I am angry about that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    If you presented to your local medical hospital, it is unlikely that you would be admitted, for the above reasons you yourself have given, and also given the stressed state of the mental health system. HOWEVER, it would give you access to other services within the mental health system. The teams at the hospital may be able to put you in touch with community crisis teams who are there to help you. You may be able to be assigned a case worker who can follow you up and adjust the help you are getting. In Adelaide the team is called ACIS - Assessment and Crisis Intervention Service. I would strongly recommend you go to your hospital and request to be put in touch with a community mental health team. These teams are also public, therefore funded under Medicare.

As a PP stated, you requesting to access these services would be good if you DID decide to sue later, and regardless would make you case for psychological damage all the more strong.

People often will not seek help when they are depressed or suicidal, as they think nothing can be done for them. If you seek help, the health workers can try to tweak your care so that you receive maximum benefit from it, and receive as much support as you need from it.

Please - seek out extra help somehow, whether you present to the hospital, or ring lifeline or beyond blue.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Undercover001  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be contacting APHRA about the practice manager as well. Assuming she is a GP herself. There must be a governing body for this kind of thing. I think moving to a new medical practice would be prudent anyway, so that you have a fresh start.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    BTW - your name will be cleared with the other GPs when the doctor gets his a$$ kicked by the board.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Undercover001  (03-06-2013),VicPark  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP
    I am glad to hear that you are going to seek a psychiatrist appt. The meds should stabilise your moods but then psychological counselling has a role to compliment the medication.

I suggested going to the hospital as it is not normal to be crying for 10 hours per day. Is a family member or your DH looking after your daughter when you are in this state? I know you said that you would go to hospital if you were not functioning properly but right now it appears you are in a very depressive episode.

You are right that the hospital may not keep you admitted unless you are a risk to yourself and others but it will give you access to community mental health services .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hun please go to your local hospital. They may not necessarily admit you but it will open up another world of help for you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post: