+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    It sounds like you are having an emotional affair with this man. Or at the very least an emotionally inappropriate relationship. He declared his love for you and talks to you about his wife. Continuing to meet with him is inappropriate.

I really don't mean to be nasty. I'm only telling you this as It raises an important point: Sure the doctor is absolutely at fault. But you have crossed the line as well. With this in mind YOU have the ability to make things right. YOU have the ability to make a happy life for yourself. If you need a hand to uncross the line, please seek help. YOU deserve to have a wonderful life.

Thank you for your reply..
    Wow your message makes me feel horrible - emotional affair.. emotionally innapropriate relationship.. I have not thought this was the case at any point. My god - I rely on his support, his guidance, he is a doctor & I finally, finally don't feel so lost. In return, he talks to me about his life, his problems.. We have a friendship & it would never go further. I just finally feel like I can live again, I've been able to resume full time work (this was an actual impossibility 2 months ago). Is that wrong? I am feeling so much more confused!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post
    Thank you for your reply..
    Wow your message makes me feel horrible - emotional affair.. emotionally innapropriate relationship.. I have not thought this was the case at any point. My god - I rely on his support, his guidance, he is a doctor & I finally, finally don't feel so lost. In return, he talks to me about his life, his problems.. We have a friendship & it would never go further. I just finally feel like I can live again, I've been able to resume full time work (this was an actual impossibility 2 months ago). Is that wrong? I am feeling so much more confused!
    Your dependance has gotten to the point you physically can't live without him. He has tried to kiss you and told you he's inlove with you. He enjoys you being in that dark place where you worry you'll kill yourself. This is highly inappropriate, even disregarding the rest. He is a doctor. It is his responsibility not to mention sworn oath to do no harm to his patience. If he is not helping you live without being dependant on him, he has broken his oath and taken advantage of you at your lowest.

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (14-04-2013),Rutabaga  (14-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Its not wrong to want to live... What is wrong though, is that you're only feeling this way because of a man who is abusing his power and using your vulnerability against you.

He's not helping you long term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have suffered from severe depression on and off for almost ten years and have had the same GP for seven. He's been an amazing help and is very understanding, but he has never offered for me to contact him personally or out of hours. Last year when I was doing really bad and he was worried about me he gave me a number to the Alfred hospital. It's called Alfred C.A.T and is an emergency mental health number you can call to speak to a dr or nurse that specializes in mental health. They are always there to help and will call you back immediately if for some reason they can't answer. I think you need this number. The Alfred is in Melbourne (I think you're somewhere in VIC). 1300 363 746.

Do you have a counsellor? I'm not quite sure why he took it upon himself to be your 'rock' rather than directing you towards a counsellor and setting up a mental health plan with Medicare.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (14-04-2013),jagamoe  (14-04-2013),Mod-Myztik  (13-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply..

I know the dependence has gotten out of control, I realise this & I hate myself for it, yet without it I crumble. Why? I do not know. I know he is abusing his power, but yet I feel like I need it. For 8 months, I saw doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists ... They were all stumped as to how to help me, my anxiety was debilitating & this led to the depression. No medication helped, & now he is... That's why I feel so conflicted. I am not trying to have an "emotional affair", nor do I believe I am.. I just want the support.

yes, he made a move to kiss me & I said no. I value the friendship but that is all I can give.

I don't know how to fix this.. I guess I just wanted to know if this whole situation was really so wrong..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    I have suffered from severe depression on and off for almost ten years and have had the same GP for seven. He's been an amazing help and is very understanding, but he has never offered for me to contact him personally or out of hours. Last year when I was doing really bad and he was worried about me he gave me a number to the Alfred hospital. It's called Alfred C.A.T and is an emergency mental health number you can call to speak to a dr or nurse that specializes in mental health. They are always there to help and will call you back immediately if for some reason they can't answer. I think you need this number. The Alfred is in Melbourne (I think you're somewhere in VIC). 1300 363 746.

Do you have a counsellor? I'm not quite sure why he took it upon himself to be your 'rock' rather than directing you towards a counsellor and setting up a mental health plan with Medicare.

Thank you so much for this. I may actually call that number tonight, I really appreciate your support. I did receive counciling, he just managed my medications & I had A LOT of med issues so saw him quite often, though up until a month or so ago, it was strictly professional..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hun you seeing nothing wrong with YOUR relationship with the doctor is further evidence that you need to seek independent professional medical assistance.
    Last edited by VicPark; 13-04-2013 at 21:41.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-04-2013),Kiplusthree  (14-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are hundreds of antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds out there. It can take a while but a right combination and dosage can be found.

I think you need to break contact with this GP, maybe wean yourself off him, I don't know.... And find a new GP. Whether this is unprofessional or whether he's taking advantage--it is not healthy at all to be this dependent on somebody. It's not 'fixing' you. What will you do if for some reason you have to loose contact with him (his wife finds out, etc)? You need to learn to help yourself because being this dependent on somebody else is a recipe for disaster when it comes to depression.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hun you seeing nothing wrong with your relationship with the doctor is further evidence that you need to seek independent professional medical assistance.
    Hi.. Can you tell me what you mean here? I genuinely want your opinion, I really do. I'm not a stupid person (normally!!) & I appreciate you even giving me the time to give me your opinion...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    There are hundreds of antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds out there. It can take a while but a right combination and dosage can be found.

I think you need to break contact with this GP, maybe wean yourself off him, I don't know.... And find a new GP. Whether this is unprofessional or whether he's taking advantage--it is not healthy at all to be this dependent on somebody. It's not 'fixing' you. What will you do if for some reason you have to loose contact with him (his wife finds out, etc)? You need to learn to help yourself because being this dependent on somebody else is a recipe for disaster when it comes to depression.
    Hi Kirst,
    thanks for your reply. I know there are hundreds of anti depressants.. I have tried all of the SSRIs, an SNRI, older tryclics, antipsychotics, anxiolytics .... God, I have tried so hard.

I also know being this dependent is not healthy, I realise this and I have told him he has led me to be dependant. At the start, I was still quite ill. I mentioned I was too dependant, his reply "depend away. I am a doctor, I will help you, always." So I did. I have. I'm in so deep. I know you are right, all of you.. & I am going to try & do what I need to do.. I'm so bloody irrational at the moment.