+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just remember it can take a few weeks for the meds to kick into gear and start to affect your mental state. It's great you have taken the step to get help again.

Great that your DH went with you to the psych meeting. It shows he is wanting to be there with/for you.

You have been REALLY strong through this.
    That GP has a LOT to answer for. What a predator.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Just remember it can take a few weeks for the meds to kick into gear and start to affect your mental state. It's great you have taken the step to get help again.

Great that your DH went with you to the psych meeting. It shows he is wanting to be there with/for you.

You have been REALLY strong through this.
    I agree with this!! medication will take a few weeks to kick in. So just hang in there. You can been so brave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again ladies.. Hopefully they kick in soon, feeling like everything is so hard, I know I need to stop feeling this way it's just so bloody hard. I know I bought this on myself so I just need to untangle myself from this horribleness & get back to my life. I have signed the paperwork over & this whole situation is now in the hands of my psych & AHPRA.. Which is a releif. I will keep you all updated on the process. Hubby is being ok too which is nice - though he wants me to take this dr to court (my uncle is a high profile lawyer who would take on the case) but mentally, I do not think I am strong enough & I can not see how that could benefit me in any way. I get why he wants to but this whole ordeal has caused enough damage!!

hurry up meds, kick in!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Undercover,
    I've registered after being a reader only on here to write to you. I have been reading over your posts and wanted to suggest some things, I hope that's ok.
    I am a mental health social worker in a large public hospital in the inpatient MH units and have a bit of experience that might help.
    1. Take the ambulance bill to your psychologist and ask her to write a support letter to explain the current circs and that you were travelling to a related appt to this situation. It is my experience that this will be waived.
    2. The meds are related to sleep and mood stabilising, take some time to work, and can have side effects which worsen your mood so keep in touch with the prescriber about that. Minimum 3-4 weeks however sleep should improve.
    3. Trust is obviously a theme for you but also now your husband towards you. Local women's health centres will have affordable couples counselling options you can access.
    While it sounds like you are well supported short term, when it all settles and if you are still struggling, don't hesitate to come to ED or contact your local COMHET team (find them on google) who can speak on the ph or visit you at home. Free.
    Hope this is useful and not intrusive.
    Regards
    M

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mohawkmeg For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (20-04-2013),HippyGirl85  (20-04-2013),moongazer  (20-04-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (20-04-2013),Undercover001  (22-04-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post
    Thanks again ladies.. Hopefully they kick in soon, feeling like everything is so hard, I know I need to stop feeling this way it's just so bloody hard. I know I bought this on myself so I just need to untangle myself from this horribleness & get back to my life. I have signed the paperwork over & this whole situation is now in the hands of my psych & AHPRA.. Which is a releif. I will keep you all updated on the process. Hubby is being ok too which is nice - though he wants me to take this dr to court (my uncle is a high profile lawyer who would take on the case) but mentally, I do not think I am strong enough & I can not see how that could benefit me in any way. I get why he wants to but this whole ordeal has caused enough damage!!

hurry up meds, kick in!!
    You didn't bring this on your self - your health provider conducted himself in a manner which was contrary best practise and your best interests. You were vulnerable and he exploited that.

I'm wondering if your husband needs to see you take some very decisive action against this dr as a sign that you have purged yourself of your reliance on him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How are you going today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMouse81 View Post
    How are you going today?
    Hello, thanks for the message. Today has been okay.. I'm still feeling like I am depressed and anxious every moment but I expect that I suppose... All the official stuff is now done & I can try to move forward, still feel like a little empty & have my teary moments but I am starting to be able to look at the situation for what it was, & I'm remembering things that were just so wrong & things I should have picked up on. I still have moments where I feel sorry for him & blame myself for everything, but I'm finding the times when I can feel angry are easier to deal with if that makes sense. I owe so much to all of you here on bubhub, don't know if I would have made the right choice if I hadn't come here for advice, so thank you all again... xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Undercover001 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-04-2013),shadowangel0205  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think feeling depressed and anxious is probably normal in the short term. You won't feel like this forever. You are so brave for going through what you have!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

Undercover001  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are doing an amazing job hun x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Undercover001  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    just checking in here, having a really really low day.. Is this normal with anti depressants? Yesterday I felt a slight improvement but today I feel I am back to square one!! I have been lying in bed for two hours now, my thinking is really foggy & I just want to cry. I feel like I need my GP to help me and I know that is ridiculous but it all feels so hard!!! Anyway, there is my vent. Thanks for reading!!