+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sorry I haven't checked in recently a lot seems to have happened in the last few days. I don't think it was a smart move for your step mum to contact the practice manager. Or for you to meet with the practice manager in person. The practice is shady and biased... to protect yourself from further manipulation you need to deal only with unbiased independent people from now on (eg your psych, a government authority).

Please do not go pick up your records by yourself!

On the upside this could be a turning point for you. You are being so strong throughout this! There is a challenge and you are rising to it. And it seems like your psych has YOUR best interests at heart and will be able to help you get better.

It may not seem like it at the moment but I think this is a big turning point in your life getting better.

Stay strong and best of luck xxx

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (17-04-2013),butterfly2013  (25-05-2013),ChickyBee  (17-04-2013),happy wanderer  (18-04-2013),αληθη  (19-04-2013),NancyBlackett  (17-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your replies today. I agree with you that he is in the wrong, it just doesn't stop the feelings of loss & guilt but I suppose that's something thing ill have to work through..

I did pick up my records, & breifly spoke with the practice manager. He suggested a meeting between the doctor her and myself to work out what to do with AHPRA. I'm so not going to be involved in that meeting.

Driving back from there to work, I lost control of my car and had a little accident. It scared the crap out of me & hopefully helps put things into perspective a little more.

wow, what a day. Thank you all so much. He has officially stopped textin me as of last night, so I've made it through my first day..
    Last edited by Undercover001; 17-04-2013 at 21:17.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post
    Thank you everyone for your replies today. I agree with you that he is in the wrong, it just doesn't stop the feelings of loss & guilt but I suppose that's swine thing ill have to work through..

I did pick up my records, & breifly spoke with the practice manager. He suggested a meeting between the doctor her and myself to work out what to do with AHPRA. I'm so not going to be involved in that meeting.

Driving back from there to work, I lost control of my car and had a little accident. It scared the crap out of me & hopefully helps put things into perspective a little more.

wow, what a day. Thank you all so much. He has officially stopped textin me as of last night, so I've made it through my first day..
    Oh hun, please look after yourself. You have so much going on, and a bright new future to look forward to. Pull over if you feel that you can't drive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Please do not go back for any meetings with the surgery. You are doing a great job x

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You are so strong! And doing a great job.

Do not go for any more meetings okay. They will try and twist and manipulate the situation to make you look like the badie. Just let the authorities handling the report do the work and just deal with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Whaaaaattttt!!!!! The practice manager suggested a meeting with you, her And the doc to talk about what to do regarding the authorities.???? That's an unprofessional attempt at trying to influence the outcome of an investigation!

The way it works is the authorities will contact each side to get their story. There's no need for collusion with a victim who has already been put through the wringer!

Dodgy fu@kers!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (25-05-2013),gizmoduckus  (18-04-2013),αληθη  (19-04-2013),~ElectricPink~  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Thanks again for your support - I have finally told my mum as I am really finding it hard to cope. My husband said he cannot support me, that I have betrayed him & he just can't do it. I begged him for his help but he can't. I hate what has happened here, I hate that he has ruined my life.
    My car is a complete write off and today I am so sore everywhere. They wanted to keep me in overnight @ the royal melbourne but I just wanted to be home. Anndd I have no ambulance cover - I'm screwed
    everything is piling up.
    I will not have the meeting with them, I saw my GP when I was there yesterday as he called in a patient & it crushed me.. Not going back.
    Intext my GP last night too begging for his help, I know stupid stupid, he didn't reply anyway..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Hun I'm so sorry about your husband, maybe when the situation calms down he will be able to accept it and support you.

Now I may be wrong but if you have an accident on Victorian road and need an ambulance it is covered by TAC ( transport accident commission), that is what your rego insurance pays for. So you won't have to pay for ambulance in my understanding. But do you have a healthcare card? If not please get ambulance insurence, it's subsidised and only $80 ish bucks a year for a family and covers in case your DD needed it etc.

Hold in tight, you have done the right thing and your husband will learn that you are a victim and he took advantage of a sick patient.
    Stay strong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Give your husband some time, he may come around. That's a bugger about not having ambulance cover, but there is no point in worrying about it now. You can apply to the TAC to cover the bill. Please please please do not message the doctor. They will try and use it against you. I hope that you are ok after your car accident and you had insurance on the car.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Wow, what a yucky day.

I feel like your husband might be lashing out because, although it's true he might feel betrayed, he may also feel guilty that he didn't realise what was going on under his nose, or that he didn't talk to you or ask you about how your meds were going or something like that. And by 'betrayed', he may mean that he feels upset that you didn't come to him for support, rather than him commenting on your behaviour. Or you may have painted the doctor in a nicer light than he deserves.

Pleeeeeeeeeease don't go to any meeting at the practice. They told you not to set foot there again, now they're asking you to be part of their little team to discuss that pesky AHRMA? Sounds very suss to me, and like someone has asked them to play nice.

And I know it's hard not to text him, but I really think it may work against you if you do. It is definitely a product of the hold that your GP developed over you, and is totally his responsibility, but he doesn't sound like he's ethical enough to own that. Maybe you could write the texts you want to send on this thread instead? I'm sure no one would judge you.

You've already been so strong. Keep in touch with us and your psych, and remember in the long run its better to have gone through the problem than around the problem. This is the tough bit. You can do it. Your husband will come around. Give your little girl lots of cuddles today...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

casio1  (19-04-2013)