+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post
    Thank you again ladies.

today is messy. I did end up meeting with the practice manager today. She was awful. She basically told me to accept responsibility for my actions & choices & to find another doctor. Once I told her that it was out of my control that it had already gone to AHPRA via my stepmother & psychologist, she was so cold. She told me I had made the biggest mistake I could make in this, that his life & career would be destroyed, the lives of his existing patients.. & to prepare for my life to be destroyed in the process.. I was crying & all she could say was "you need to work out your own mental health. You are no longer welcome back in this clinic". Heartbreak! I just bawled as she made me leave.... :-(
    They are just trying to scare you into submission.
    Don't give in and stay strong.

He used you and now they want you to look bad. Stick to your guns. You can find another Gp elsewhere who will help you.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do not hold contact with them anymore. Do what you can to get phone records etc and deal with who you reported it to. The practice manager was very out of line and they have no right to speak to you like that. They will want you to look like the bad guy. Don't let them win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Report her for lack of duty of care to the public also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post
    Thank you again ladies.

today is messy. I did end up meeting with the practice manager today. She was awful. She basically told me to accept responsibility for my actions & choices & to find another doctor. Once I told her that it was out of my control that it had already gone to AHPRA via my stepmother & psychologist, she was so cold. She told me I had made the biggest mistake I could make in this, that his life & career would be destroyed, the lives of his existing patients.. & to prepare for my life to be destroyed in the process.. I was crying & all she could say was "you need to work out your own mental health. You are no longer welcome back in this clinic". Heartbreak! I just bawled as she made me leave.... :-(
    To be fair, as appallingly this has been handled by this manager, it would be fairly routine practice to not have a complainant continue on as a patient I would think. It does make sense that they would not want you there, your complaint is a liability to their business and their way forward is to protect their interests. Which is exactly what you need to be doing for yourself, protecting your interests by getting a new dr and letting the appropriate authorities now take over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP - how much have you told your husband?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

delirium  (16-04-2013),Lauzy83  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I suspect she would never have made such appalling comments if a witness had been present. She certainly wouldn't have threatened you. It's a completely disgusting way to treat someone, especially someone with your medical history who is the victim in a situation where a doctor has abused a position of power with someone who came to him for help. She is of course trying to intimidate you as damage control to protect the practice. Which doesn't make her any less of a maggot.

I hope when the trauma of it passes, you are able to do what the psychiatrist suggested and harness all of the anger you have every right to feel.

Chin up, hon. You should be so proud of yourself for having the guts to speak out about this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybeanicecream For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I'm concerned about how quickly this is moving and how that must be affecting your anxiety.

I don't suffer from anxiety but I have a friend who does and the chain of events over the last few days would have her rocking in a corner.

It's great your step-mum took action so quickly and was able to see the practice manager on Sunday, but you said she was seeing the GP for a similar issue as you? Perhaps you need someone else to be your support person?

I assume she told his wife because she is a partner in the practice as well? It's usual for PMs to tell partners in a practice when there has been a complaint against a doctor in the practice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please let us know you're ok tonight!
    You're doing the right thing!!!
    He has destroyed his career, not you! You were under his care!!!! If it was you coming onto him he could have/should have put a stop to it... But that's not what happened and they know it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do not feel guilty about any consequences he faces.

I work in an allied health field, and trust me, it's pretty much drilled into us how important it is to maintain boundaries with patients, and what the consequences will be if we don't. He knows perfectly well, he decided to take the risk for his own thrill. I hoe you are feeling better tonight

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I just wanted to point out this - link so that you can see in black and white that the onus is entirely on the dr to maintain a professional relationship with patients. You will also see in the bottom point that other doctors who are involved in covering this behaviour up are also commiting an offence.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (16-04-2013),Mod-Myztik  (16-04-2013)