+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely do not delete any more text messages! Make sure you keep every single one and I agree do not go back there.

You can do this. You are strong and you will be okay!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Undercover001  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Please, please do not set foot in that practice EVER again, particularly if the manager doesn't believe you. If they want to meet with you, find someone from an independent organisation that can sit in. If you give me a few minutes I'll have a dig about online and see if I can find something.

I personally think that if the wife has been called, there may be some history with this GP of infidelity, inappropriate conduct or being seriously borderline. How dare this practice manager ask you to delete text messages? What a dodgy practice! I also think he is trying to rattle you by 'cutting you off', or perhaps incite you to contact him so he can say 'look, she's chasing me!'

Lifeline also has online chat between the hours of 8 and midnight, if you are more comfortable writing things down.

Thank you for all of that. I thought going in there may enable me to tell my part, show her the messages & work out a new plan. Why should I be punished & not able to see my secondary doctor at the clinic? I've already lost my doctor whom I trust. It's just not fair... If you could find something online that would be great to know, I'm confused as to my rights, their obligations etc..

He is texting me again...

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    OK, I think if you contact the Office of the Health Commissioner tomorrow, they can provide someone to help you mediate with the practice, if that's what you'd like to do. The number is 1800 136 066 (toll free). Maybe your stepmother could call if you don't feel up to it? They also have an office in Melbourne...

It's great your psych has been in contact - I imagine she would have a personal interest in supporting you as she would be feeling some responsibility for your situation, and would be desperate to help you through it.

ETA: here is some basic information about your rights:

http://www.health.vic.gov.au/hsc/patient/complaint.htm

Please note, it is an offence for anyone from the clinic to harass or threaten you after making a complaint.

Hang onto those messages. Maybe forward them on to someone like your s/m in case you do delete them.

Are you home alone tonight?

Are you home alone tonight?
    Last edited by harvs; 15-04-2013 at 22:05.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Undercover001  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK, I think if you contact the Office of the Health Commissioner tomorrow, they can provide someone to help you mediate with the practice, if that's what you'd like to do. The number is 1800 136 066 (toll free). Maybe your stepmother could call if you don't feel up to it? They also have an office in Melbourne...

It's great your psych has been in contact - I imagine she would have a personal interest in supporting you as she would be feeling some responsibility for your situation, and would be desperate to help you through it.

Thank you so much for that!! My psych has been really great, she is so amazing!!
    (Just to clarify, it wasn't the practice manager who asked me to delete the texts... It was the doctor. Though the practice manager did ask me "you shouldn't tell your psychologist the name of the doctor, we wouldn't want to get anyone into trouble".

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    You're welcome. I added a bit more info to my last post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post

He is texting me again...
    As others have said, do not delete the messages, and do not initiate contact with him yourself. He is now in damage control and he will try anything to cover his behind.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (15-04-2013)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Do not delete anything and even take screen shots of them all just in case. He is trying to cover his *** by telling you to delete them because he knows he is going to be in a lot of trouble.

*the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    As others have said, do not delete the messages, and do not initiate contact with him yourself. He is now in damage control and he will try anything to cover his behind.
    I know, that is the hard part, not initiating contact. I sent him a final message, pretty much sayinf thanks for using me enjoy your life.. (I've never been rude ever to him)..

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're welcome. I added a bit more info to my last post.
    Thanks for being so helpful.. I'll check out that link
    I'm home tonight, hubby is here (in bed) & I'm still laying in bed with my little miss (3) who is fast asleep next to me... I can cry here & no one knows!!

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anything his actions now should tell you that what has happened is wrong. Someone who isn't guilty does not try and hide what they have done.

*the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (15-04-2013)