+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I wouldn't go. I would be seeking independent advice and speaking with someone who is my advocate before making any decisions. I wouldn't be going there at all. I think you need to speak to your psychologist and find out the correct avenues for this sort of thing.
    I agree with this. Get your psych's advice first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post
    Im actually not sure? I guess she wants to know what was going on so that they can look into whether he needs help? Should I not go?
    I wouldn't go, especially alone. They are trying to avoid any legal issues that could come from what has happened. They don't want to see if he needs help or not. Put it off and get some advice before attending the meeting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't feel up to going, don't. You need to put yourself first and so what's right for you.

It was brave, strong and courageous for you to tell your psych and stepmother. I think you have more inner strength than you realise.

If you need to talk to someone please remember that lifeline is always available 13 11 14. (If you call lifeline and for whatever reason you don't like who you speak to, please hang up and call again, you will get someone different who you may click with more).

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't go. I would be seeking independent advice and speaking with someone who is my advocate before making any decisions. I wouldn't be going there at all. I think you need to speak to your psychologist and find out the correct avenues for this sort of thing.
    I won't say too much. & I will record the conversation on my phone maybe.. She totally thought I was lying today, that I had "misread" his kindness. He has messaged me twice asking me to delete his texts. He asked me Friday & I did it, this time I haven't, though he trusts me to & I probably should.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its very very hard to see, but deep down I know you are right. He is showing true colours, though it's still not fair, I can't believe how far backward I feel. I might call the Alfred tonight, what do I say though? I am okay, just crying alot, lots of anxiety, but I am okay. I hate he has done this to me yet I still want his help. Stupid, I know! I needed this to be taken from me, I know that too.
    thank you again. Hope none of you ladies see this well respected doctor!
    I think you just call them and tell them that you are panicking, scared, why, etc. tell them whatever you want or need. They may have some advice or tools to help you get through the night. Maybe they'll want you to come in but I'm sure that's up to you. You could also call someplace like Beyond Blue if you just want an understanding, trained ear to confide in.

I'm relieved he's showing his true colors, it will help you get through this faster. You don't need his help. Think of it this way, if you were getting his help right now it would be false help that was actually keeping you in a dark hole rather than helping you out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I won't say too much. & I will record the conversation on my phone maybe.. She totally thought I was lying today, that I had "misread" his kindness. He has messaged me twice asking me to delete his texts. He asked me Friday & I did it, this time I haven't, though he trusts me to & I probably should.
    Don't delete his texts!! He's going to try to make you come off as a liar (and maybe the manager as well). Keep the texts. You should not be protecting him!!! I think don't go tomorrow, wait to speak to your therapist and get her advice. I think this manager is just trying to protect the practice and not you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Going will serve you no purpose. It will not help you in any way. You should focus on getting some ongoing help and treatment.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (15-04-2013),PomPoms  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going will serve you no purpose. It will not help you in any way. You should focus on getting some ongoing help and treatment.
    Okay.. I will consider this. I just feel like it's some closure. Why should he get to be okay and continue to treat other vulnerable woman like this, then maybe he won't. The practice manager told his wife, clearly she thinks something is amiss.. I don't know, I want closure. & I am seeking ongoing support, my psych has been in touch with me all day. I hate that my other GP is at the same clinic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Okay.. I will consider this. I just feel like it's some closure. Why should he get to be okay and continue to treat other vulnerable woman like this, then maybe he won't. The practice manager told his wife, clearly she thinks something is amiss.. I don't know, I want closure. & I am seeking ongoing support, my psych has been in touch with me all day. I hate that my other GP is at the same clinic!
    Report it to APHRA or the health complaints commission (this is what they are called in QLD) not sure what state you are in.

They will investigate, in the letter of complaint put copies of sms etc.

Meeting with the practice manager will not get you closure, it will get them closure as it will reduce the likelihood you will take your complaint higher. They would have rang their Medico-Legal insurance company and got their advice on how to handle the situation. You should do the same thing. Which is why they want the meeting so soon. Take a few days and talk to some professionals like your psych.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

babyla  (15-04-2013),Kirst33  (15-04-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Please, please do not set foot in that practice EVER again, particularly if the manager doesn't believe you. If they want to meet with you, find someone from an independent organisation that can sit in. If you give me a few minutes I'll have a dig about online and see if I can find something.

I personally think that if the wife has been called, there may be some history with this GP of infidelity, inappropriate conduct or being seriously borderline. How dare this practice manager ask you to delete text messages? What a dodgy practice! I also think he is trying to rattle you by 'cutting you off', or perhaps incite you to contact him so he can say 'look, she's chasing me!'

Lifeline also has online chat between the hours of 8 and midnight, if you are more comfortable writing things down.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (15-04-2013)