+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover001 View Post
    Hello & thank you so much for your reply. I know you are right, & I will endeavor to out support networks in place. If I were to report him, you are right, I fear that he would turn on me & I don't know how that would affect me. I deleted all messages Friday night when I decided I couldn't Be so dependant on him.. So there goes any proof I had. Although, since then he has sent me a few texts that prove what has been going on ... God it's all so messy isn't it?
    If the police are involved and it is deemed to be a criminal matter they may be able to retrieve the messages from your phone providers records.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Undercover001  (14-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also want to add, I am so so glad I opened this thread. I am utterly amazed at how many supportive, helpful people there are on here

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Hello & thank you so much for your reply. I know you are right, & I will endeavor to out support networks in place. If I were to report him, you are right, I fear that he would turn on me & I don't know how that would affect me. I deleted all messages Friday night when I decided I couldn't Be so dependant on him.. So there goes any proof I had. Although, since then he has sent me a few texts that prove what has been going on ... God it's all so messy isn't it?
    It does sound messy. Not sure what phone you have, but I know if you have an iPhone then the messages will still be backed up on your computer, as long as you don't connect it...

If not, I guess at the end of the day the most important thing is getting yourself safe. Your psych should have a good enough relationship with you to trust your word, and if nothing else the shadow of doubt she(?) will now have over your GP will probably ly enough to stop her using him.

Hang in there. This is like an addiction for you, so take it day by day...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Undercover001  (14-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Vic park... I didn't know that, but now I do.. So thankyou. I still don't think I could do that to him.

& thankyou Mrsharvey..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If the police are involved and it is deemed to be a criminal matter they may be able to retrieve the messages from your phone providers records.
    Hello, thanks for all of your ongoing advice, Vicpark! It's appreciated. Would the police need to get involved? Is this really that serious? :|

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hello, thanks for all of your ongoing advice, Vicpark! It's appreciated. Would the police need to get involved? Is this really that serious? :|

I don't know for 100% sure. But I would say that he would be investigated though. People take what he has done very seriously

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I read some of this last night, and the rest this morning. I couldn't not reply.

While I haven't had depression or anxiety myself, I just wanted to point out a few things I've noticed.

I really think you are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Firstly, you have resisted his kiss.
    I believe that the fact you started this thread, means that you are strong enough to recognise that there is something seriously wrong with his behaviour. Its not easy to step up and admit something like this at all. I would be so scared and afraid, but, you have shown great strength so far.

I do believe that you can break his hold over you, given the right support. And you are strong enough to get better, recognising something is amiss is the first step, and you have done this already! So well done.

Personally, If I were in your situation, i would reach out my hubby, and psych for a start. As hard as it is, these will be the ones to get you through, and they are probably just waiting for you to reach out.

I personally wouldn't create more stress for yourself by calling the police on him....just open up, being brutally honest, to your husband and psych for now....and let them do it. your psych would no doubt have a moral, ethical or legal obligation to report it, and it will also have more credibility coming from your psych. As pp have said, your mental health atm may be used against you, but it would be documented by your psych so essentially more evidence

Try not to think about your gp, as others said, he is not the saviour you think he is, he is not helping you, he is not making you better, he has breached all sorts of legal, ethical and moral boundaries, and he is preying on your vulnerability. Personally, I think he is also underestimating the strength you do have inside you!! Even now in the confused state of mind he has you in.

don't think about the consequences for him, as they are irrelevant to you. And he will be well aware of them..... You need to be really selfish here and only think of yourself and getting yourself better....
    You haven't mentioned them, but I am assuming you are a mummy....so if you can't do it for yourself, you could do it for them....because they would need you and be missing you.

Take it one step at a time... Its not going to be an easy thing but I truly believe you have the strength in you to overcome this, it shines through in your replies very brightly....its already there. Just embrace it.

Good job on emailing your psych by the way.

You can do this!!
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 14-04-2013 at 09:33.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (14-04-2013),SuperGranny  (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP
    I have been reading through the thread and was really gobsmacked at this GP's level of deception and unprofessionalism. I work with doctors in my own job as a social worker and I would be mortified to hear this type of thing going on in my workplace.

As a doctor he has a very strict and comprehensive code of conduct to follow, aside from duty of care, patient code of ethics etc etc. Doctors are not our 'friends' as such- they are there to provide us with medical assistance. Of course it's great when they are compassionate and understanding but there is a real difference between empathy for a patient and 'being a friend'. This man does not have your best interests in mind and is, frankly predatory and unsafe. it may not feel this way but once you do start recovering from depression it will seem clearer to you.
    Another poster wrote that this is grooming behaviour and this is absolutely correct.

You are the victim in this and I'm so glad you are starting to see this. Emailing your psych about it is a great start. Perhaps you should keep future texts in case you do report him to the medical board but in the meantime please access your existing network of family and professionals to help you untangle from this inappropriate relationship.

Good luck and take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks so much ladies. I know how stupid saying he "saved" me sounds, it's just how I feel. When I woke up this morning, it all felt way too hard without his help & I thought "nah I'd rather him be my friend than this all come back". I text him. I know how wrong this is, tomorrow I will get help. I will find a new GP at the least & explain everything. I have emailed my psych too. I will get the wheels in motion..
    thank you all again.

ohh and Mahjong, my relationship with my dad is actually amazing!! So I can't blame that
    Everyone will probably disagree with me but I don't think you should cut contact with him straightaway. In your mind, he has been your only support. I think it is great that you are contacting other professionals about this, they will be able to give you the tools you need to be able to end things with him without shattering all the progress that you have made so far. Good luck with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    ((Big Hugs)) OP what an ordeal you have been through.
    From the sound of your posts your Dr sounds like he is grooming you and messing around your meds for his own benefit. If he truly wanted to help you he would see the relationship for what it is 'inappropriate' and find you a fantastic GP to help you on a professional level.
    You need help not dependency on a man who controls your medication (I find the fact he prescribes your meds scary tbh).
    Does your psych know he assures you against her advise or that he took you off meds after 3 weeks? If not I really think you should mention it to her, this way you don't have to mention the attempted kiss ect but you let her know what's going on professionally.
    I also had a yucky feeling when I read your posts the kind of feeling I get when reading/hearing about a child abuse case. Take care and try and depend more on your hubby and your psych than this "Dr".