+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP at the very least he should have advised another doctor for you the moment things became personal between you two. By not doing so he has shown extreme violation of his professional conduct. He is well aware of your mental illness and it astounds me he would cross such a line knowing full well your vulnerable state and the implications of crossing that line.

Agree with PP - from what you say in this thread you sound like you need more acute care right now, and I hope you are able to put things with this doctor into perspective and realise he should no longer be your doctor at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you again ladies for all of your replies, it really means alot!! I was feeling stronger last night, today I feel like I need him & my world feels like it's crashing a little... I will try not to text I will try so hard to be srrong, thank you all for helping me to see just how wrong this all is, I wish it made it easier to end. What if it's a choice between continuing the friendship & being less depressed, or letting his support go & falling back into the depths of depression/anxiety where I was before he saved me.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hun I think you need to stop looking at it as he is saving you. He is not. He is pulling you into his sick little world when you are at a time in your life where you can not fully grasp what he is doing. He is creating more problems for you, he is creating a dependency on him which is exactly what he wants. Can you call your psych tomorrow morning and ask (beg if need be) for an emergency appointment and tell her exactly what is going on. Does the psych think you are on medication? Print out this thread for the psych if you don't feel strong enough to say it aloud. You can get through this and you will, it may take time but you will be ok.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (15-04-2013),~BEXTER~  (14-04-2013),~ElectricPink~  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He didn't save you please please please do not think that's what he did. He didn't save you and if you think about it it hasn't helped you either infancy what he's done is keep you ill keep you in a dark spot. Please get and get help through a different source because he is not helping you get better at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No he's not saving you, he's deliberately keeping you powerless & dependent to satisfy his own needs. There's no saviour in being a prisoner in a dysfunctional relationship until you decide that you deserve better and your saviour will ultimately be you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (15-04-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Hun I think you need to stop looking at it as he is saving you. He is not. He is pulling you into his sick little world when you are at a time in your life where you can not fully grasp what he is doing. He is creating more problems for you, he is creating a dependency on him which is exactly what he wants. Can you call your psych tomorrow morning and ask (beg if need be) for an emergency appointment and tell her exactly what is going on. Does the psych think you are on medication? Print out this thread for the psych if you don't feel strong enough to say it aloud. You can get through this and you will, it may take time but you will be ok.
    I agree! He didn't save you! He is praying on your vulnerability. He is abusing his power and taking advantage of a fragile situation.

You need to just hold back the urge to text. If he texts you, don't reply. Anytime you feel like replying then send a text message to a non existent number. It won't reach anyone but you'll have gotten those words out and you won't have texted him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    OP can I ask a quick question? What is your own relationship like with your father?

I see this relationship you have with this man turning dependant due to possibily seeing him a a father figure to you?

Whatever it is, he is overstepping the Dr/Patient boundaries and it is illegal. He is abusing YOUR trust and manipulating his Dr priviliages towards you.

Change your number, delete his from your life and PLEASE talk to a professional about this. You and your Husband need to talk abd clearly have trust issues with money from the past an I suggest you need counselling together to work through it.

Good luck!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    OP I am so pleased that you emailed your psych. Whatever happens from here WAS NOT created by you - it's called the consequences of our actions, and his behaviour warrants some dire consequences that should not be surprising to him at all. As a Professional, he would have been thoroughly trained in patient ethics, and probably what actions to take if a doctor/patient relationship even looked like becoming more personal. He has ignored those things. He has breached your trust. Whatever goes on has been brought upon your doctor by himself, NOT by you.

But I am concerned about your immediate well being. As a sufferer of anxiety/depression at times in my life, I do know that feeling of being overwhelmed, of being unworthy, of being in too deep. Can you get yourself a new prepaid phone with a different number, turn your current phone off and give it to a friend to keep? Someone may need to read the text messages on there as proof if you feel strong enough in the future to take this further, but you need something to help you keep out of contact.

I also want to point out that if your Doctor is questioned about any of this, it's possible that he may turn on you, and cite your mental illness as proof of you lying, or you being 'confused'. I imagine that this betrayal will be especially painful for you, so I say again: THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. Please be strong with your psychiatrist.

I'm not sure about how much your husband really understands what has been happening. You said things have been difficult with him. I have huge issues with my husband at the moment, but I know that if I was in a critical situation like this he would drop all the other stuff and support me. If you have been protecting your GP by not telling your husband, I can promise you that it will feel liberating to ask for your husband's support. If you don't feel comfortable, how about a friend or family member?

I also second the idea of checking in to a hospital for a little while, if only a few days. The time without your phone may be what it takes to break the hold the GP has over you. He has made you feel as though you are worthy, but you are just as worthy without him. In fact, HE is not worthy.

Please, please stay strong and come back to the hub if you need some support. Lots of hugs to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies. I know how stupid saying he "saved" me sounds, it's just how I feel. When I woke up this morning, it all felt way too hard without his help & I thought "nah I'd rather him be my friend than this all come back". I text him. I know how wrong this is, tomorrow I will get help. I will find a new GP at the least & explain everything. I have emailed my psych too. I will get the wheels in motion..
    thank you all again.

ohh and Mahjong, my relationship with my dad is actually amazing!! So I can't blame that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    OP I am so pleased that you emailed your psych. Whatever happens from here WAS NOT created by you - it's called the consequences of our actions, and his behaviour warrants some dire consequences that should not be surprising to him at all. As a Professional, he would have been thoroughly trained in patient ethics, and probably what actions to take if a doctor/patient relationship even looked like becoming more personal. He has ignored those things. He has breached your trust. Whatever goes on has been brought upon your doctor by himself, NOT by you.

But I am concerned about your immediate well being. As a sufferer of anxiety/depression at times in my life, I do know that feeling of being overwhelmed, of being unworthy, of being in too deep. Can you get yourself a new prepaid phone with a different number, turn your current phone off and give it to a friend to keep? Someone may need to read the text messages on there as proof if you feel strong enough in the future to take this further, but you need something to help you keep out of contact.

I also want to point out that if your Doctor is questioned about any of this, it's possible that he may turn on you, and cite your mental illness as proof of you lying, or you being 'confused'. I imagine that this betrayal will be especially painful for you, so I say again: THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. Please be strong with your psychiatrist.

I'm not sure about how much your husband really understands what has been happening. You said things have been difficult with him. I have huge issues with my husband at the moment, but I know that if I was in a critical situation like this he would drop all the other stuff and support me. If you have been protecting your GP by not telling your husband, I can promise you that it will feel liberating to ask for your husband's support. If you don't feel comfortable, how about a friend or family member?

I also second the idea of checking in to a hospital for a little while, if only a few days. The time without your phone may be what it takes to break the hold the GP has over you. He has made you feel as though you are worthy, but you are just as worthy without him. In fact, HE is not worthy.

Please, please stay strong and come back to the hub if you need some support. Lots of hugs to you.

Hello & thank you so much for your reply. I know you are right, & I will endeavor to out support networks in place. If I were to report him, you are right, I fear that he would turn on me & I don't know how that would affect me. I deleted all messages Friday night when I decided I couldn't Be so dependant on him.. So there goes any proof I had. Although, since then he has sent me a few texts that prove what has been going on ... God it's all so messy isn't it?