+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    #1 - 2.5 hours (then had to have vacuum assistance!)
    #2 - 6 minutes

Rather a lot quicker!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    20 mins with DS1
    5 mins with DS2

DS2's hurt more as his labour was so fast I wasnt ready physically from the exhaustion of adrenaline (being such a quicker labour!) to push!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Call me stupid but I don't understand why people push for so long? Don't you just start pushing when the head is down and baby is ready?

Dd I pushed and her head came out, was told to stop as the cord was around her neck, another push and she was out.

DS took 3 goes to get his head out, but he was huge and stuck. Another push Nd he was out.

Both were really quick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    Call me stupid but I don't understand why people push for so long? Don't you just start pushing when the head is down and baby is ready?

Dd I pushed and her head came out, was told to stop as the cord was around her neck, another push and she was out.

DS took 3 goes to get his head out, but he was huge and stuck. Another push Nd he was out.

Both were really quick.
    Because for some people, its not that easy unfortunately. So many things can affect it.

My DS1 kept going back in then id push and he'd come out then back in etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Woohoo! So there's hope that it'll be a lot shorter with my second! I pushed for 2 hours with DS so it'd be nice for an easier push the second time around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post

Both were really quick.
    With DS it was because he was facing the wrong way by 90 degrees, and I was (stupidly) laying in the reclined position. I knew better second time around and it helped that DD was facing the correct way, hence #1 being 2.5 hours and #2 being 6 minutes.

I don't think anyone deliberately pushes for a long time, why would they? Do you really think we deliberately didn't push well in an effort to prolong the excruciating pain??

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (14-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 10-08-2013 at 21:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My total push time with number one was 2.5 hours, and it was intense and pretty horrible. There were heaps of people in the room, an ob wanted to do an assisted delivery, even tho bubs was happy. The ob kept trying to push the midwife. In the end the midwife said leave her alone, come back in 10 minutes and we'll reasses, i think middy knew i was close and she was stressing me out.

Number two was i think 10 minutes, he was born in the water, three "pushes", my body did it all, i didnt have to actually push.

Number 3 was the samw excpet i think he was 2 pushes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    #1 - 1.5 hours then ventouse delivery
    #2 - less than 10 minutes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only had the one so it's not so relevant to your Q, but it was a 14hr induced labour that didn't progress till I got up from the bed I was confined to, for continous monitoring, and had my partner help me into a 'squat' position. Suddenly I dilated the final 7cms within an hour, and had 15mins of 'pushing'. I don't feel like I did as much work ~ my body did it instinctively, and had to have an minor episiotomy as bub's heart rate was rapidly dropping.

It was all very fast, and I was in line for a C-sec due to lack of progress. How glad I am that I suddely remembered about the squatting! It saved us from a C-sec, and greatly sped up the labour.