+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default e harmony

Ive just joined e harmony. Very excited.

Has anyone had any sucess with this? Horror stories?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope .... But I'm looking forward to reading your thread

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My SUL's are in oasis active and it appears to be all one night stands or friends with benefits. Makes me sad because both girls really deserve a good partner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I've been on e harmony for a couple of months, with no luck. I know of plenty of people that have met "the one" on dating sites though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been on and off oasis active, most guys just want a booty call, did date one guy, who really captured my heart, but sadly it didn't last, but I have been talking to one guy for a few weeks that I met off oasis on facebook, and seems really sweet, but I will be taking it very slowly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I'll tell you a horror story if you want, only because it is funny how bad it was especially now that I am happily married.

So I joined when I was about 23. It took a lot of convincing from a few friends but I finally reluctantly gave it a go after a few years of being single.

So I had a few people contact me to chat but they wouldn't get any further than that. So then a guy contacts me who seems really interested and after a few conversations we decide to go on a date. He chooses the location, outback jacks - how romantic.

In his pictures he looked young and well kept, a little on the bigger side but not overweight (wouldn't have turned me off in itself).

So the night of the date rolls around, I get there and look around, eventually he comes up to me as I couldn't recognise him from his picture! He was at least 5 years older and at least 20kg heavier.

So we sit down and get chatting. He spends the time whining about how unmotivated he is and just can't be bothered. Sounds like a catch right! So then the food arrives, his is a gigantic skewer with hunks of meat and pieces of corn on the cob which he starts eating of the skewer. Then, he starts to choke. At first I thought it was a bad joke - I'm a nurse, he was trying to be funny and get me to play nurse - but no, he is choking.

Just as I am about to get up (reluctantly) and offer more assistance, the hunk of meat dislodges itself and he spits it onto his plate.

We calm down and start chatting again until I notice he has just cut up the offending piece of meat and is now re-eating it! I nearly vomited. I quickly ate enough for it to look like I'd eaten then made up an excuse about needing an early night and went and paid for my own meal, I did NOT want to give the wrong impression!!

Funny thing was, he didn't take the hint and constantly would call and ask if we could catch up, one time even suggesting in an email that we go to a park to have a picnic dinner so we could snuggle!!

Needles to say I never went on another eHarmony date!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Ok, I'll tell you a horror story if you want, only because it is funny how bad it was especially now that I am happily married.

So I joined when I was about 23. It took a lot of convincing from a few friends but I finally reluctantly gave it a go after a few years of being single.

So I had a few people contact me to chat but they wouldn't get any further than that. So then a guy contacts me who seems really interested and after a few conversations we decide to go on a date. He chooses the location, outback jacks - how romantic.

In his pictures he looked young and well kept, a little on the bigger side but not overweight (wouldn't have turned me off in itself).

So the night of the date rolls around, I get there and look around, eventually he comes up to me as I couldn't recognise him from his picture! He was at least 5 years older and at least 20kg heavier.

So we sit down and get chatting. He spends the time whining about how unmotivated he is and just can't be bothered. Sounds like a catch right! So then the food arrives, his is a gigantic skewer with hunks of meat and pieces of corn on the cob which he starts eating of the skewer. Then, he starts to choke. At first I thought it was a bad joke - I'm a nurse, he was trying to be funny and get me to play nurse - but no, he is choking.

Just as I am about to get up (reluctantly) and offer more assistance, the hunk of meat dislodges itself and he spits it onto his plate.

We calm down and start chatting again until I notice he has just cut up the offending piece of meat and is now re-eating it! I nearly vomited. I quickly ate enough for it to look like I'd eaten then made up an excuse about needing an early night and went and paid for my own meal, I did NOT want to give the wrong impression!!

Funny thing was, he didn't take the hint and constantly would call and ask if we could catch up, one time even suggesting in an email that we go to a park to have a picnic dinner so we could snuggle!!

Needles to say I never went on another eHarmony date!!
    This is the funniest thin ever.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it for my sister, would screen ppl and add to get fav for her to contact. And access the incoming. It was like a bloody full time job.

She met a few nice guys and went on a few dates but nothing serious.

I set up her profile and some of the incompatible ppl they suggested I questioned if I was drunk when I did it.

She a city living hipster who has travelled, well educated, thinks animals are pita and all that jazz. One day I log in and there a guy with a snake around his neck. Lives in country. Unemployed. Wants to open a reptile farm and listed all his reptiles and their names. Oh and he had a mullet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I met my husband on e harmony so my experience is positive. I did get lots of people who didn't get passed the initial questions and I was on there for awhile before I met dh. You do need to screen things. I had a few people that it was obvious they were just saying what they thought I wanted to hear. There are a lot of people who join when they do those free weekends and they won't go past the guided communication stuff as then they have to pay. Good luck with it I know 3 others that have met their partners on there too.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldnt ever use a dating site only because of too may horror stories but I did meet my husband online playing World of warcraft. We became friends first, learned a lot about each other in our chats on Vent and in game. I think the best way to go about it is not to be looking for that one but make some friends and see what comes of it. Be clear on your expectations and limits my hubby knew it took a lot to get me in bed and wasnt going to happen unless I felt something for the person he knew I wasnt easy and turns out he wasnt either so we were a good match. Good luck and be safe.