+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 and a half year old girl not eating

When I say not eating, I mean not eating healthy. This has been going on since she was around 1 and a half. She used to be a good eater of veggies and gravy etc but she hasnt touched anything like that for ages. We have tried hiding it in other foods she will eat like sandwiches. We cant just give her a little bit cause she will crack it and if it is hidden she will spit it out.

Other foods like meat and sausages she wont even try even though we know she will like it. Im worried about her health in the future. She just simply wont eat or try anything she hasnt had before. There has been screaming every night at tea time and it has gone on long enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Please don't take offense but if this has been going on two years why have you not sought professional help?
    I'd suggest seeing your GP or a dietician.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What does she eat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is the same and my daughter is also starting to get fussier. This can be common. My advice is dont make a big fuss, keep dinner time the same, food on her plate, if she eats she eats but let her know she won't be getting anything else. Don't give up, keep offering.
    My son has finally started to eat more again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My son at this age was awful with eating. A constant battle. Eventually I kind of gave up.

When he turned 4 it was like the flick of a switch and he eats a huge dinner every night now, he still complains he doesnt like it. Even when he isn't tried it yet. But he eats! Its amazing!

How is her weight

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have issues with my DS but mainly only at dinner time people used to tell me provide one meal ad one meal only if they don't eat it they don't eat it they'll eat when their hungry. "Kids wont starve themselves "Hmm didn't work for me plus i got worried they were lacking nutrients etc from this "method" all I can suggest Is talking to a gp or dietician

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is 4 next week & has been like this since he was 18 months old.
    It has only been the past 2 weeks things are starting to change. Keep trying! The past 6 months we have insisted if he doesn't eat it he has nothing. 5 nights out of 7 he would go to bed with no dinner. The past month or so he has started eating all his lunches at kindy (hot meals etc) with heaps of help & encouragement from his teachers . The past 2 weeks I have been hard on him because like you I am over it - had enough! If he doesn't try his dinner he goes to his room until bath time than straight to bed after bath. 2 screaming nights & he tried it, now he had tried every dinner each night. Still complains & tries it on. Occasional dry reach & spits it out but we have made progress. Tonight he had 7 pieces of curried sausages & some rice! A massive turn around. We make a huge fuss & give him treats when he eats things. Just keep trying is my advice & don't give in. It was breaking my heart the way he was going so I really can sympathsis.
    We had blood tests, saw GP, Pead & natropath all results came back he was getting enough nutrients from somewhere so all ok BUT it wasn't really. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Is this your child with the impacted bowel? If so, then you need to seek help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx for the replies. Its nice to know im not the only one with this problem. I think we are just gonna have to get tough with her at tea time. Like going to bed (thats another problem lol). She is very clingy when it comes to bed and gets separation anxiety when we leave her in her bed.

And to top it off she is potty training. Thats pretty much complete now, just got to toilet train her now

Its a hard time for her and this food thing is a joke now but as i said we will need to toughen up