+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tips on how to make an emby stick???????

Now I have heard things from maccas bacon and egg rolls to brazil nuts....

What routines or foods did you do/eat that you think helped you get a BFP and when did you start doing them?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I knew twosouls. With my dd i just wasn't stressed at all (it was my very first ivf cycle) and i didn't really have an understanding of the process and what all the results meant, i didn't get too wrapped up in the stresses that that can cause. I was also super fit and healthy.

Been trying for # 2 for 12 months now and really I've just tried to relax (mostly unsuccessfully!) and last cycle I tried acupuncture. No luck yet though... :-(

Good luck, hope you find the answer that many of us are looking for! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To be honest I don't really believe all those myths on what to eat ect I did have maybe 4 brazil nuts the day after transfer but that's about it. Drank a lot of water and a powerade watered down almost daily and stayed home for the day of transfer with hubby and watched a DVD in bed but that's it. We were extremely lucky and got preg first cycle. Try and relax during it all and get lots of sleep.I went back to work the day after transfer and worked all week as I'm full time so just took it easy at work that week to and didn't stress myself out if I found someone was getting on my nerves I would tell my supervisor I had to go for a ten min walk. They new what was going on and were very understanding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm in the " if it's going to stick its going to stick" camp. I did however eliminate coffee for my BFP and have stayed on coffee and the rest have been bfn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried it all - acupuncture , no coffee, no alcohol, lying down after transfers, did the pineapple thing too and a few other things. I had good quality blasts but it took me 4 cycles anyway. On the one that worked I didn't rest at all and drank coffee & alcohol basically got on with my life.
    I did have an endometrial biopsy the cycle prior to the transfer and I think this is what helped the emby stick

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (14-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Lillac, im pretty much ditto what you said above! Except the endometrial biopsy bit. I tried all the above and no success until the fourth try when I just threw all that stuff aside when it worked! Two souls - are you on the tww now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did nothing different between my BFN and BFPs. I worked full time shift work, got stressed, and ate crap. If its going to stick its going to stick. I don't think you can change it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To be honest I'm also in the camp if its meant to stick, it will stick and my ivf nurses always told me the same thing.

I had three transfers, three textbook blasties did the accupuncture, no coffee, no climbing stairs, resting for 3 days and got 3 bfps and lost them
    all at 5 and 6 weeks. I fell pregnant by surprise on a clomid cycle with almost zero swimmers where I had lots of wine and bad foods. Go figure, at the end of the day stressing is prob the worst thing although its easier said than done to not stress.

Hope you get that sticky little embie first up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Apologies in advance for the information overload about to come. In my early IVF days I spent hours googling how to increase the chances of implantion & I tried everything I could find.

DIY methods
    - No coffee, no alcohol, grain free diet
    - Vitamins & supplements galore
    - Pineapple core
    - Kiwifruit
    - Relaxation/visualisation techniques (you can get ideas from youtube)
    - Wearing a rose quartz bracelet
    - Laughter therapy

Alternative therapies
    - Naturopath herbs
    - Acupuncture before & after transfer
    - Osteopathy (to properly align all my internal bits & straighten my pelvis)

FS supported methods
    - Clexane (blood thinner)
    - Prednisolone (steroid that suppresses auto immunity)
    - Endometrial biospy/scratch (to stimulate uterine lining receptivity)
    - Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) to test embryo chromosomes

Other DIY methods I have heard of but not tried are pomegranate juice and baby aspirin.

Every time a cycle failed, I'd look to the next level to try something new. And NONE of it worked!! But I can honestly say there was nothing more I could have done & I have no regrets. I'm just not the type to have cycle after cycle under the same conditions & hope for a different outcome.

You need 2 things to get pregnant:
    1) a genetically viable embryo
    2) a receptive uterine environment

Without PGD testing, #1 cannot be controlled, so as PPs have said if its going to stick, it will stick. As for #2, there are tests that can be done to check whether or not your body is baby-friendly, but FS tend to wait until 3 failed cycles before going down that path.

I hope you are lucky and a BFP is coming to you without doing any of the stuff above!
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 14-04-2013 at 11:13.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (14-04-2013),Wise Enough  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much to everyone who replied

Taking all your advice I think I will just stay calm amd carry on as normal (hopefully!) This will be my second cycle but hopefully this one will result in a transfer. Im due to start injections early May sometime. Im doing an antagonist cycle so got to wait till my period arrvies.

Thank you again for the advice and big BFP'S to us all