+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone been on a cruise while pregnant?

We booked a cruise a little while ago for myself, DH and DS but I found out the other day that I am pregnant. I will be 11-13 weeks during the 10 day cruise (not too sure of dates).

I get seasick a bit- spewed while on a whale watching boat, was sick a few times on our last cruise ( think I spewed 3 times and felt sick several times). I was about 22 weeks pregnant last time though (what is it with cruises and me being pregnant?)but I no longer had any morning sickness.

I took avomine last time (ob said it was fine) a little bit but seeing I will still be in the first trimester I'm a bit wary of taking something that isn't cat a. Will be talking to my gp about what i can take next week.

It sort of sux cause I was looking forward to having cocktails!! But this bub has been a while coming, with me starting metformin a few months ago due to pcos.

I guess what I'm wondering if any one has been on a cruise while in their first trimester with either seasickness or morning sickness or both? I'm sort of thinking of cancelling but we have already paid (have travel insurence but not sure if they will accept this as a reason to cancel and cover the cost after excess paid) and don't want to be out of pocket, not to mention I have already got our passports etc organised

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went on a cruise when I was 16 weeks pregnant. My previous cruise I'd got sea sick, so was a bit worried. I took blackmores travel calm regularly and had maxalon that the ob had prescribed me. I also had the sea sickness pressure bands. I got through without vomiting, and only feeling queasy a couple of times

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't but it seems high risk to me, I'd try for a refund.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also haven't done it, but personally with all the stories in the news recently about cruises losing power has had me rethinking whether it's go on one while pregnant.

Toilets not flushing and having to eat nothing but cold meat sandwiches are the two main things that worried me.

Usually this wouldn't worry me too much because of the odds of it happening, but while pregnant is a different story.