+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default At my lowest point

I feel so ridiculously down. I'm 15 weeks pregnant & I've had to stop taking Maxalon because I've reacted badly to it while taking my antidepressant. I feel so sick and so weak and all I want to do is cry. I wish I had people around me to distract me but I don't & I'm so lonely.
    I dread every day and can't wait til the sun goes down so I can just sleep. I just want to cry all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you take ondansetron/zofran instead? Its expensive but was a lifesaver for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Im sorry your having such a rough time, pregnancy can be rough especially when you feel so sick so often!

I took zofran for HG when pregnant as PP'er mentioned. It certainly made it more bearable.

I hope you get some relief soon xo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Huge hugs. That sounds unbelievably tough would chatting on here help do you think? 15 weeks, you should be over the worst of it pretty soon.
    You have toddler, don't you? How is he going, is he happy to just play on his own? I found going to a playcentre helped a bit, you can just let him run and tire himself out while you sit and feel yuck my plan of attack in the 1st trimester was go out to a playcentre or playground in the morning (if I could manage it) then come home for a big nap and then the tv would just go on till DP got home. Some days, the tv went on in the morning and didn't go off!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had HG last time and it stopped at 12 weeks, but this time I am now at 20 weeks and still sick every morning. I take Zofran and get by on one tablet a day so it equates to $55 every ten days. Is that perhaps an option to try? It doesn't alleviate the nausea for me but atleast it stops the vomiting.
    We are all here to talk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flyawayfree For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Huge hugs. That sounds unbelievably tough would chatting on here help do you think? 15 weeks, you should be over the worst of it pretty soon.
    You have toddler, don't you? How is he going, is he happy to just play on his own? I found going to a playcentre helped a bit, you can just let him run and tire himself out while you sit and feel yuck my plan of attack in the 1st trimester was go out to a playcentre or playground in the morning (if I could manage it) then come home for a big nap and then the tv would just go on till DP got home. Some days, the tv went on in the morning and didn't go off!
    I've had the TV on quite a bit and I feel so guilty! But I struggle to leave the house because I'm just so sick.
    When I throw up, he stays behind me and hugs me while crying because he's scared. I try to assure him that I'm okay but I just feel like I'm ruining him. He's too young to see me like this. I'm scared I'm going to scar him as silly as it sounds.

Zofran is so freaking expensive. $100 for 10 tablets is so much. If it continues, I'll have to take it for sure. I suffered with hypermesis gravidarum with DS but it was over by 13 weeks. I took Zofran for two weeks at the beginning and I felt like it just stopped working by the 2nd week. I felt like it was doing nothing for me.
    Maxalon has been so great but It has reacted badly with my antidepressant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just need to vent. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to and that everyday is the same. I'm just so lonely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They shouldn't have even prescribed maxalon if you are suffering from depression! It made me completley crazy

If you get another Zofran prescription take it to a discount pharmacy. I think even my local one it was $60 for 10.

Big hugs. Dont feel guilty about the tv, its a small price for making him a playmate. I had hg with my second and would send my son for extra daycare or let him watch tv while I lay on the couch! It was awful. They are best of friends now, they love eachother and play together so well. Completely worth it.

I hope you feel better soon

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Don't feel like you're ruining DS! My mum was telling me that when she was pregnant with my brother she would sometimes lie in the bed and leave me banging on the door and wailing because she was so sick it took her a good 10 minutes to come and open the door for me. I would have seen her throw up countless times, and she also said I watched endless tv- back in the dark ages, when there wasn't even vcr so i was watching things like the bold and the beautiful
    I don't remember ANY of it. Not a second. Your DS won't either.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    They shouldn't have even prescribed maxalon if you are suffering from depression! It made me completley crazy

If you get another Zofran prescription take it to a discount pharmacy. I think even my local one it was $60 for 10.

Big hugs. Dont feel guilty about the tv, its a small price for making him a playmate. I had hg with my second and would send my son for extra daycare or let him watch tv while I lay on the couch! It was awful. They are best of friends now, they love eachother and play together so well. Completely worth it.

I hope you feel better soon

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    What kind of symptoms did you have with Maxalon? I've read that it can make people really depressed. I'm so depressed, it's not even funny. I haven't felt this down in such a long time!

Your comment about MS being a small price to pay for giving him a playmate has made me feel so good. You have no idea. Thank you. It's something I can tell myself everyday. Thank you x