+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't actually delivered there yet, I'm due in July, sorry didnt word my post very clearly. But my sister and two besties have all delivered there in the past year so I've done plenty of visiting and hanging out.
    All their rooms had double beds for partners to stay and big ensuites. All single rooms (does that go without saying in pvt these days). Also had nice big windows with lots of natural light.
    Food was delish! My sister is a super-fussy eater so I ate her lunch a few times and her DH brought her all the good post-preg sushi, feta, salami etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    I haven't actually delivered there yet, I'm due in July, sorry didnt word my post very clearly. But my sister and two besties have all delivered there in the past year so I've done plenty of visiting and hanging out.
    All their rooms had double beds for partners to stay and big ensuites. All single rooms (does that go without saying in pvt these days). Also had nice big windows with lots of natural light.
    Food was delish! My sister is a super-fussy eater so I ate her lunch a few times and her DH brought her all the good post-preg sushi, feta, salami etc.
    That wasn't my experience at all, sorry. I was in there for 4 nights with ds1. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I had a single bed (no double). It was extremely noisy and uncomfortable.

Next time I stay I'm taking my own pillow and a torch as they turn the lights on every single time they come in to do obs overnight. It's dim but it still wakes you.

And take your own food as best as you can. I thought the food was very average.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I loved SJOG subi! The food was awesome, the nurses were so lovely and found it quiet and loved my ob Michael Gannon. I'm actually looking forward to my week in there again lol like a mini holiday haha
    I had a double bed too parking can be a PITA for appointments but didnt bother me that much as I didn't have a huge amount of appointments (low risk).

It has a mothers group weekly after bub is born I think up to a year. Antenatal classes, BF classes, parenting classes ect.

Also access to pregnancy aqua for classes in the physio section of the hospital.

I highly recommend.

I previously lived in doubleview (next suburb across from karrinyup) and was close to get to off the freeway

Ps I had a CS too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a natural birth at SJOG murdoch, was fantastic, but probably a bit far for you. If i was in karrinyup I would research for a low intervention ob at glengarry

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    Last edited by Pregnor; 11-04-2013 at 23:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my second c section at sjog subi last week. I think it is a great hospital, was very happy there. Stayed 6 nights with first. 5 nights with second. Husband stayed with me every night. In a single room for the first night and then double bed for the rest of the stay.

If you have any questions about my experience at sjog subi, please let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave birth at SJOG Subi for both my two. Had 2 different Obs.

First time Helen Clarke. She does a scan every appt & is a trained sonographer. I felt she was a bit negative & doom & gloom cause it was an ivf pregnancy, I had GD, was 36 and a little overweight. I do know she was justified in thinking so but I had a text book pregnancy & gave birth to an average sized baby (3.6kg) the day before I was due to be induced (my due date). I had insisted on a natural delivery which I know she didn't want me to do. She wouldn't let me go a day over & she thought I was faking being in labour when she got the call! She just made it in time to put her gloves on & I delivered! Her office was 2 minutes down the road. Easy parking.

So I changed to Adam Gubbay 2nd time round. Was older (39), still wanted a natural birth & had read he was ok with that. I wish I had stayed with Helen.

He only scanned me twice. I only had the anatomy scan after my usual heavy load of scans up to NT scan thru my ivf clinic. I didn't have GD this time. He measured my fundal height each time which I don't remember Helen ever doing and always said I was measuring up to 4 weeks ahead. How can you not with a layer of blubber on top?! I so missed the scan at every appt for peace of mind. Went into labour 10 days before due date & he missed the birth (his office was on the floor below) & my baby only had a 2 vessel cord & was 2.8kg. She was so small it felt like I didn't even have to push! I couldn't believe he didn't pick that up & think I'm so glad she came early cause she wasn't getting anywhere near as big as he said so maybe wasn't getting enough nourishment. I was panicked to think if she might not have made it to due date after 7 ivf cycles & 2 miscarriages to get her!! He didn't seem to care enough about me being high risk due to ivf, AMA, etc so I guess in hindsight I would prefer that someone was 'watching my back' even if I was complacent.

I also had double beds both times & my hubby stayed every night. I believe they only let c-section patients in a single for ease of access for the nurses to the patient. That's what I was told anyway.

Food was fine for me. Rooms much smaller than Mercy though and cold!! Couldn't wait to leave for that reason alone.

I have 2 friends delivered twice each at Mercy & Glengarry & they loved each time. Like all maternity wards, differing midwife information is a given so you just gotta roll with that one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry...that was a novel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Although I personally used Dr Gannon, I highly recommend dr Simon Turner, dr Nic Tsokos and dr Tim Jeffery also

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DS in January SJOG subi. I used Dr Richard Murphy. I had a complicated pregnancy but he was brilliant. I had ultrasounds every appointment plus my NT scan, anatomy scan plus 2 growth scans. I had a natural delivery despite seeing to other OB's (Helen Clark & Simon Turner) who insisted I had a C/S. I was induced at 38weeks due to Pre E. I ended up having a vaccum delivery & episiotomy as DS stopped breathing. He ended up in SCN for 5days, our paed was brilliant. Nurses amazing, the room was spacious, the double bed was lovely. Would highly recommend.