+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would just stop sharing anything with her. Don't involve her in your life unless its a necessity such as a family function or something.

She sounds competitive and jealous. I'm not interested in that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by cassieh; 10-08-2013 at 14:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Sounds like your SIL has done you a favour by not wanting anything to do with you. If it's this bad now whilst you are both pregnant then I could imagine that it would get worse and competitive once both Bubs arrive. As PP have said surround yourself with positive ppl that are happy for..

Just to add I'm all for epidurals and pain relief for child birth (I had one natural with a epi and 3 c/s) but I really admire people that attempt a natural drug free birth so good on you
    Agree with this...imagine how unbearable she'll be when your babies roll, smile, talk, walk etc at different times. Then all of the little decisions a mum makes, "I think Kindergym is a waste of money!" "I wouldn't let my child watch In The Night Garden!" "Are you still breast feeding?" "Baby-led weaning is a choking hazard" blah blah blah. I'd be friendly but not seek her friendship out particularly, and not tell her things I know she'd twist into something negative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by cassieh; 10-08-2013 at 14:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't tell her anything. She sounds like a nutter. What you do is none of her business. It'll only get worse once you have the baby so keep your distance now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh well seriously I've been on your spot right now ad it DOES NOT get any better once the babies are here. If she doesn't want to talk to you thank your lucky Stars she made that decision because my situation is the exact same thing except my SIL sticks around vecause who the hell would put up with her crap (Ido it to keep the peace ) and would love for her to be like im done! I'd be like party time!!!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    One word: jealousy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like most things you talk to her about is money, if you know she s struggling financially I wouldn't send pics of babies room and all that. Just keep your money stuff to yourself as obviously that kinda stuff sets her off. Don't hide from her but don't go out of your way to mention it.
    Sometimes mothers group can be quite competitive so can be true....

Thanks
    Reviews
    This lady sounds like hard work! I think distance is the best thing.

Jealous and competitive are a bad mix, and she sounds like she is both.

Everything you do for your baby will be wrong, nothing will ever be good enough. There is nothing wrong with maintaining healthy boundaries for the sake of your own sanity.

My sil is an opinionated argumentative hypocrite too, I made the decision to keep my distance long ago, with the support of dh. Your sil actually sounds like she and my sil could be best mates and wallow in their own bitter jealousy together!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    She does found like she might have issues with insecurity or jealousy.

But just to play devils advocate here, maybe her insecurity leads her to feel threatened.

If someone I knew was struggling financially (be it their own fault or not) I wouldn't be flashing pics of things I'd spent money on in front of them.

If someone I knew was vehemently against circumcision and I wanted to do my own research, I wouldn't bring up the topic in front of them.

While her behaviour seems annoying she doesn't seem to. Have been actively trying to hurt you. Shes just a bit...messy.

This is obviously going to hurt your partner, which is sad when all you really need to do is just not discuss personal issues with her, and not engage in arguments if she starts one.

It also sounds like its going to hurt your nephew. Thats a little heartbreaking.