+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sister in-law.... Please help!!!!

Last edited by cassieh; 10-08-2013 at 14:57.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

Inked Mumma  (11-04-2013),Starfish30  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As hard as it is ignore the behaviour she sounds very jealous. Also remember that there could have been sibling rivalry since day dot so you are just an innocent party, as for her not affording things her drama/ budget not yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sounds like a b*tch.

I would imagine that the nursery thing was all about her financial issues. It's probably what she actually tells herself... So she doesn't feel so bad when she can't do something she wants with her baby's room. I would stop doing things that might make her feel lesser. Obviously don't hide the room but don't share it with her unless necessary. She might feel like its rubbing it in.

The other stuff... So many people do this. I'm having a homebirth in future. You can imagine the responses I get about that. So I basically just tell nobody unless I'm okay with dealing with their ignorant nonsense or I know they will be supportive... Or at least not jerks about it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (11-04-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (12-04-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a total cow tbh lol like PP said she is probs just still justifying things to herself and trying to get you to agree with her is her first step to actually accepting it herself. I wouldn't bother explaining yourself to her cause she's going to try to bring it down no matter what by the sounds of it. Just be civil but don't talk to her about baby stuff and if she brings it up just be non-committal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by cassieh; 10-08-2013 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id just ignore it hun. If she wants nothing to do with you so be it. Youve done nothing wrong.

I have a family member like this she is just impossible. Ive given up trying to have a relationship with her.

The ball is now in your sils court, Let her make the effort if thats what she wants and as long as she discontinues the little digs and negative behaviour.

All the best
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 11-04-2013 at 17:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Be happy and surround yourself with positive people... if she wants to act like a spoilt brat, then let her... tell your friends your joys and problems and everything, and only let her know what you feel comfortable with her knowing. She's not going to like what you do no matter what, so do what youwant to.
    Oh and water births... awesome!!! go for it. The water makes the pain a lot more bearable and easy to manoeuvre. and the birth pics I've seen are gorgeous and heartwarming- I hope you have the birth you want and treasure each and every moment that shows you what a superwoman you are in birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like your SIL has done you a favour by not wanting anything to do with you. If it's this bad now whilst you are both pregnant then I could imagine that it would get worse and competitive once both Bubs arrive. As PP have said surround yourself with positive ppl that are happy for..

Just to add I'm all for epidurals and pain relief for child birth (I had one natural with a epi and 3 c/s) but I really admire people that attempt a natural drug free birth so good on you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She's jealous and competitive. Apart from basic pleasantries, I would stop sharing things with her and not engage with her on baby topics. I also wouldn't try to 'win' with her, you clearly won't so don't try.

Placate her and remind yourself that this is what you're doing, as the saying goes - let the baby have it's bottle.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Jellyfishie  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My advice? Don't tell her anything anymore. Some of my family members are the same and I've given up on telling them anything. She sounds like a Debbie downer. Telling her things will just spoil this for you and all you'll find yourself doing is thinking about her comments over and over again.
    If she comes over, sees the nursery and makes unnecessary comments, just tell her that you're in love with your nursery and that's all that matters. You can say "I don't mind spending money when it comes to my baby." How frustrating!