+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Im only 22 and have 5, I have a star on my foot, the word love written on my wrist, a latin quote on my ribs & another latin quote on my shoulder blade as well as cherries on the back of my neck.

I love all of my tattoos and plan to get a back piece after bubba arrives, I do however wish I researched my first one at 18 a little better as it wasnt the best work, a little dodgy looking. I have had it touched up now and it looks a bit better, I now have a fab tattoo artist. I still dont regret my wrist even if it is a little dodgy, I was 18 and so excited at that time in my life that I could never view it as a bad thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a half sleeve on both arms & it took years to complete as I was very particular about each tattoo I got & every one of them has a significant meaning - however I do have a tattoo on my ankle which I hate/regret - I got it done when I was younger by a dodgy tattooist when I was out partying with my friends & slightly intoxicated - I've thought about getting it removed or tattooed over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't regret them at all. I just want to be healthy when I'm older. The last thing ill regret are my tattoos. I have a quote on one arm, the word love on my wrist, half my back done and a little tattoo near my public area.
    Start somewhere where it isn't noticeable and see how you go. If you regret it, you have your answer : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just make sure it's something you really want. Do your research. Look at different artists and don't look for anything that's cheap. Don't settle. Make sure you love their work.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-04-2013),dancingchipmunk  (11-04-2013),αληθη  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    Just make sure it's something you really want. Do your research. Look at different artists and don't look for anything that's cheap. Don't settle. Make sure you love their work.
    I wish very much that I listened to people who said that when I was 17!

I don't regret getting A tattoo, just wish I had chosen better (image and artist).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother is a tattoo artist, so is covered! He's had several people say to him "but you'll look silly at 80 with all those tattoos". His response "No-one looks good when they're 80!"...

I do have one small tattoo, and I do regret it. I got a matching tattoo with my younger sister last year, but she has recently done something to hurt me very badly, so now I regret it as it makes me think of her...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a uni lecturer and I often look at students with very visible tattoos (sleeves, calves, necks etc) and I wonder if they have considered how it is going to impact on their future employment?

There are still many professional contexts where visible tattoos are simply not acceptable. I suspect there will be more regrets for the visible ones than the ones which are easily covered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't regret my tattoo but I wish I got it done in brown ink as find black too dark and noticeable. It's a word on my wrist.
    Anyone know if there is a cream or something I can do to lighten it?
    I don't go out in the sun either as someone said that fades it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I want a full sleeve so bad, but I really don't think that I will want it down the track so I'm holding off. I have other tattoos that are visible if I want them to be and have more planned with the same logic.

If your tattoos are well thought out, designed and inked, you have less chance of regretting them. I started my tattoos at 18 and, luckily, I actually really thought about them before and paid top $$$ for a reputable artist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumsrulz View Post
    I don't regret my tattoo but I wish I got it done in brown ink as find black too dark and noticeable. It's a word on my wrist.
    Anyone know if there is a cream or something I can do to lighten it?
    I don't go out in the sun either as someone said that fades it
    I did a Google search a little while ago for tattoo removal. One link was for a cream. The company is based in the states. I can't remember the name of it but maybe worth looking at? I haven't ordered any or looked into, might be a place to start for you though