+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing!
    I almost have this exact same story, except I was 12 when I found out. Common name as well
    Always wondered but never done anything about it. Good on you for trying!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    You can't search electoral roll as of 2011. Boo
    Really? Surely you could still search older copies at the state library and the likes?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Tessagirl  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure harvest. He turned 18 in 1982 and records available from what I can see stop at 1980.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Not sure harvest. He turned 18 in 1982 and records available from what I can see stop at 1980.
    It says on the AEC site that you can view roles from 2006 and prior at any state library.
    It might still be worth a shot?
    Do you know what area he is most likely to be residing in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No idea where he has lived since he left 30 years ago. I have been given a rough idea of where he may have been living 14 years ago.
    Maybe I will have to make a day trip to the library but what would the chances of the name Andrew Harris standing out amongst 100 other Andrew harris's or do they have DOB attached!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two siblings names one with DOB.
    Mum said she didn't put him down as she was 17 and her older sister who was 20 told her not to put it on the certificate so he had no rights to me if he left. My aunt fell pregnant a few years earlier and the father wanted nothing to do with the baby so she thought she was giving good advice at the time.
    I know he is a twin , his DOB , his parents first and last name and that's it really

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    No idea where he has lived since he left 30 years ago. I have been given a rough idea of where he may have been living 14 years ago.
    Maybe I will have to make a day trip to the library but what would the chances of the name Andrew Harris standing out amongst 100 other Andrew harris's or do they have DOB attached!?
    No, i'm pretty sure DOB are not listed on the rolls.
    It's tough. I've tracked down my fathers location just by googling but his family have an uncommon last name. So i was able to find them first and then the links to him.

I'm not sure what else can be done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had to do this, but one thing that popped into my mind was finding out names of friends he had (or family) from your Mum and using stepping stones from there, ie. say Joe Bloggs stopped talking to him 10 yrs ago, getting another friends name off him and so forth until you find someone that is still in contact.

Wishing you so much luck with your search!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks red lips. I have found his old best friend also my godfather but as I said came to a dead end.
    I asked him straight out if he just doesn't want to be found because if not then I can stop and just to pass on family history but he said no that's not that case.
    I have found two other friends also and am still in contact with one who has been trying to help but coming up short also.
    I wish his name was Ricardo Harris would make it easier haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jigsaw is adoption
    Oh damn I'm sorry