+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Where to now? Wanting to find birth father.

So long story short.
    At 15 I found out my 'dad' wasn't biological.
    My 'bio dad' had skipped out when I was about 6 months old.
    I have 3 different stories but anyway that's something else.
    His name is so common, mum never put him on my birth certificate, I have spent 15 years half assed at trying to find him with no luck.
    Where can I go now? Has anyone been in my situation and how did you find the person?
    I'm open to any suggestions
    Thanks In advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm subbing as I'm sure ill be looking for DDs bio dad at one stage or another.

I hope you find him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Looking up his name on facebook and the electrol roll and eliminating as you go.
    You could put notices in newspapers or magazines requesting any info/ that he or family members contact you.
    You could even suss out other potential relatives. He may have other children who could quite possibly be on fb or the likes. You might be able to connect with them and find out additional info.

Good luck with your search!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mom was forced to put her daughter up for adoption when she got pregnant at 17 in the late 60's, sent to a convent while she was pregnant so that no one ever knew she was pregnant, etc. like a movie! There are websites dedicated to helping children and parents find each other. You put your details up (and any random info you think may help) and if your dad has his details up they will email you if they find a match. My mom put her details up and got an email within minutes as her daughter had already registered. They've been in contact ever since. You could give that a go... We found the websites just by googling things like 'adoption searches' 'birth parent' searches, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely try the electoral roll first and foremost. Good luck with your search!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WannaBMummy82 For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think there's a group called jigsaw which I think helps with this kind of situation. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The Salvation Army do a family locating service not sure if that's worth looking into. I'm not too sure how it works DH was going to use them to track down his father who he hasn't seen in 15 years to try to reconcile (he was an alcoholic long story for another thread ) but found him by ringing up care facilities etc and found him in one. Sorry I don't have any other suggestions good luck though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lovelies I will give all these a look.
    I think the salvation army only help if on birth certificate and he isn't.
    It is an extremely common name in regards to electoral roll. I can't say I have looked there but I will squiz now
    I did think I had found him on Facebook a few months back but turns out it wasn't.
    I have found a few people that knew him in the 90's but haven't heard of him since.
    I sometimes think all the dead ends are from not wanting to be found but I have one person who knew him 14 years ago and she says he always carried my baby photos on him in his wallet .
    So I guess I'll keep trying until I know for sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can't search electoral roll as of 2011. Boo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jigsaw is adoption