+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week

Default Don't you just love....

....being on hold to talk to someone at centrelink. I've been waiting for 15 mins already. Apparently I have at least another 10 mins of this. And it's all so I can get my payments unsuspended my payments after they suspended them for not being quick enough getting a rent certificate back to them (they used to give you 2 weeks and now it's not even a week). I should have just left the details. It's not like telling them my rent went up $10 a week makes a difference to what I get paid from them.

What's your sarcastic love for the day?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ohhh I was on hold to them yesterday...43mins....quick one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    oh yikes. I was lucky then. It was pretty much right on the 25 mins wait. It turns out it was because I hadn't contacted them so they could tell me how to report my income lol. Now that they've informed me that I'm doing it right payment has been restored lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been on hold to them for 1.5-2 hrs before I nearly verbally murdered the person who answered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    oh wow!! That's a joke!! I'm onto my second phone call of the day. Trying to sort out why my SIM card hasn't been activated with my new provider as yet. I currently have no working mobile because my number is in limbo. Well, both phones work perfectly well. I just can't use them as phones lol

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had to tell them about our 10 dollar rent increase but was only on hold for about 15 minutes.

I thought that was bizarrely quick.

If I'm on hold for ages I just put my phone on speaker and just go about my day.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    I've been on hold to them for 1.5-2 hrs before I nearly verbally murdered the person who answered.
    Same. Its pathetic. Once they finally picked up after 1hr 45mins and my reception cut out.....I was LIVID! That was the day my phone was introduced to the wall

8. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I haven't worked out if my phone has speaker function as yet but I did have a quick look at it at one stage and couldn't find anything that stood out lol. I'm resting up today anyway so it wasn't like I was planning on moving from the bed in a hurry lol. I love local public holidays. Guilt free relaxation time and I can still get the phone calls made that I haven't been able to because I've been at work. If only I could get my licence sorted out today as well but that will have to wait for another day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    The joys of Centrelink, hey? I had to go in for an interview a few weeks back. I spent 30 minutes standing in line, finally sat down with someone and she told me i just had to come in so she could tell me that once my youngest turns 6 i will have to go on an activity agreement but because i already study FT and work i'm all sorted. She told me i would have to go in for another 2 of these 'interviews' within the next 6 months.
    What a waste of time and resources. Why not send out a letter with the details? They could put the staff that waste time doing the 'interviews' to better use by answering phones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funnily enough, Centrelink was supposed to call me today at 8:40am and its now 9:16am. Bet if I strolled into the office half an hour late they would have already cut payments and have a pile of forms to fill out in order to get them reinstated