+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are you measuring?

Hi everyone
    So I'm 29 w measuring at 32w I know u can be 2 weeks ahead or back but I guess I'm just over. How about everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi I've measured ahead between 3-4 weeks everytime I have been measured! They kept telling me that i am going to have a big baby but yesterday they think he is the right size! I don't think it's fool proof!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is pretty much the most inaccurate way to estimate baby's size Don't worry too much about being over, it doesn't mean much.

At my 20 week appointment I was measuring 27 weeks lol... Bub had curled himself up at the very top of my uterus in a transverse position and that was causing me to measure heaps bigger. Every appointment since then I've been 1-2 weeks over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I am currently 31w and measuring approx 27 weeks. But I have been like that with both my previous pregnancies and still had decent sized bubs (3.7kg and 3.5kg)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Two appointments ago I was 26w measuring 25, last one I was 30w measuring 33. They are considering sending me for a growth scan because I was measuring ahead pre-26 weeks as well. I'm not worried at all - fundus height measurement is SO unreliable and depends entirely on who does the measuring. A student midwife did the measurement at first at my last appointment and measured me at 36!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 30wks & measured 32 at my last appt. I measured 2wks ahead most times with my last pregnancy & my son was born at 4.07kg =) I had a growth scan with him & have one booked for 34wks this time to see how bub is growing, but am expecting a biggish baby =) I don't think fundal height is accurate really, all depends on how baby is laying & how much fluid you have either around your baby or you could haw a bit of fluid too =) unless its heaps ahead or behind I wouldn't worry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently it's a very subjective thing. I was measuring spot on at 29 weeks, but since then I've been measuring behind. 35 at 36 weeks, and 36 at 38 weeks. I've been told it could be for various reasons. Im tall (6 foot) with a long torso, have a very low pubic bone and baby could have moved lower. As long as there is some growth each time they aren't concerned. I definitely don't think it's a good indicator of baby size.