+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Am I the only mum who never used a parents room and as far as I know I've never even walked into one! I BF DS for ten months - how did I miss the whole parents room thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetTheBluths View Post
    Am I the only mum who never used a parents room and as far as I know I've never even walked into one! I BF DS for ten months - how did I miss the whole parents room thing?
    Where did you change nappies? Or use the little toilets for toddlers? I can use one several times if I'm at the mall all day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Where did you change nappies? Or use the little toilets for toddlers? I can use one several times if I'm at the mall all day!
    Well for starters - I hate shopping centres with a passion

I changed him on the car back seat mostly... We only ever went out for short trips mostly too, mostly outdoors (seaside) or to friends/families houses. I never took him shopping/browsing apart from just doing the grocery shopping. Hate shopping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I've seen plenty of people bottle feeding in there with the curtain wide open.
    I don't agree. For a lot of babies they get very easily distracted while feeding and I take the need to use the curtain to help the baby feed in peace.

I'm with Benji. I loathe sitting behind a curtain feeding. Should I put a bag on my head as well?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (11-04-2013),Purple Lily  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I'm with Benji. I loathe sitting behind a curtain feeding. Should I put a bag on my head as well?
    Lol that might be a tad uncomfortable.

I think take away the 'taboo' from feeding, the 'secret room' to 'feed discretely' and I believe the incident mentioned earlier with the man sneaking into the parents room wouldn't happen. He'd never have done that in the open mall. He would have done that because it's seen as 'naughty'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetTheBluths View Post
    Well for starters - I hate shopping centres with a passion

I changed him on the car back seat mostly... We only ever went out for short trips mostly too, mostly outdoors (seaside) or to friends/families houses. I never took him shopping/browsing apart from just doing the grocery shopping. Hate shopping.
    Ahh well that makes sense! When DD was younger I could spend almost a whole day there - which involved many coffee stops, food stops, etc. and, inevitably, a few nappy changes!

I still go for 4-5 hours sometimes now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Jeez that's my local shopping centre! That's about the only place I'll use a parent's room. DD2 loves using the little toilet in the one downstairs as it gives her independence.
    That was the one it happened in...next to Strandbags near the DJ's entrance.

I still use them...I'm just super careful now. I think the fact it was early on a Sat morn didn't help. He certainly couldn't have gotten in there undetected say at Sat lunchtime!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think take away the 'taboo' from feeding, the 'secret room' to 'feed discretely' and I believe the incident mentioned earlier with the man sneaking into the parents room wouldn't happen. He'd never have done that in the open mall. He would have done that because it's seen as 'naughty'.[/QUOTE]

I think he went in there cause it was quiet & he prob thought less chance of someone coming in than the loos. Not to mention more comfortable. He was certainly rattled when we came in. He couldn't get out quick enough! I don't think he 'targeted' the parents room.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bottlefeed with the curtain shut in the parents room. Its nice and quiet and bubs doesn't get distracted.

If i was a cleaner id prolly take a dump in a nice quiet toilet too. But id at least flush! Not leave the titanic a float!

*ill never let go jack*

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (11-04-2013),Purple Lily  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post

If i was a cleaner id prolly take a dump in a nice quiet toilet too. But id at least flush! Not leave the titanic a float!

*ill never let go jack*

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*
    Lol!