+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,589
    Thanks
    1,303
    Thanked
    2,569
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    A lot of posts in here are the reason DF won't go into a parents room. He waits outside for me or if he's by himself with the kids he takes them to disabled.
    My DF isn't a fan of them either. When DS was a few months old DF took him shopping for a birthday present for me and stopped into a parents room to change and feed DS. A mother in the parents room told DF to leave as she wanted to breast feed without being perved on. DFs response was 'don't worry love, you aren't worth looking at'. That set her straight, she stormed out while DF happily fed bub. Not the best comeback by DF but he would never perve on anyone feeding and was horrified that someone would presume he would.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

    GlitterFarts  (10-04-2013)

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    townsville
    Posts
    2,816
    Thanks
    1,570
    Thanked
    1,277
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    My DF isn't a fan of them either. When DS was a few months old DF took him shopping for a birthday present for me and stopped into a parents room to change and feed DS. A mother in the parents room told DF to leave as she wanted to breast feed without being perved on. DFs response was 'don't worry love, you aren't worth looking at'. That set her straight, she stormed out while DF happily fed bub. Not the best comeback by DF but he would never perve on anyone feeding and was horrified that someone would presume he would.
    Good on your DF or standing up for himself. I know my DH probably should've stood up for himself as well but he didn't want to make a bad situation worse plus he was already feeding in DHs case. It's sad that dads are made to feel uncomfortable in areas tey should be welcomed to use after all they're parents too! A bit off the original topic

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

    Lincolns mummy  (10-04-2013)

  5. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,711
    Thanks
    9,559
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    My DF isn't a fan of them either. When DS was a few months old DF took him shopping for a birthday present for me and stopped into a parents room to change and feed DS. A mother in the parents room told DF to leave as she wanted to breast feed without being perved on. DFs response was 'don't worry love, you aren't worth looking at'. That set her straight, she stormed out while DF happily fed bub. Not the best comeback by DF but he would never perve on anyone feeding and was horrified that someone would presume he would.
    That's a great comeback!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    Lincolns mummy  (10-04-2013)

  7. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    1,100
    Thanks
    423
    Thanked
    316
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One time when I was breast feeding our ds a bunch of teenage girls (obivously wagging school) came in and just sat down and started being really loud and rude to the point my baby was getting upset. I did say to them it was in appropriate for them to be there and I then received a handful of abuse and name calling. Reported it immediately to the shopping centre security which then escalated to police getting involved for not attending school........

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to mummtime101 For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (11-04-2013)

  9. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Far North QLD
    Posts
    2,189
    Thanks
    1,808
    Thanked
    1,712
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    If it's a cleaner, then maybe he was just doing his job?

    As for random people just using parent's room facilities, I've listened to various childless people suggest it to other childless people, so I assume most childless people think it's more than acceptable behaviour.
    I'm a 'childless' couple so to speak (not by choice) & have lots of 'childless' friends. I def don't think it's acceptable behaviour to use the parents room & have never ever heard any of my friends suggest this either, that'd be very inconsiderate! I firmly believe these rooms should be for parents only. I would never think of doing it let alone think it to be 'acceptable' behaviour.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

    Meg2  (11-04-2013),VanityFey  (11-04-2013)

  11. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,287
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked
    479
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    I'm a 'childless' couple so to speak (not by choice) & have lots of 'childless' friends. I def don't think it's acceptable behaviour to use the parents room & have never ever heard any of my friends suggest this either, that'd be very inconsiderate! I firmly believe these rooms should be for parents only. I would never think of doing it let alone think it to be 'acceptable' behaviour.
    Agreed. Before I had DS 3 years ago I never stepped in one of these rooms and noone I know without kids either.

  12. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    694
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked
    116
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Before I had DS I had used a parents room once for my stepdaughter. The only other time I've used anything like that was when I was 30something weeks pregnant at the movies in the gold lounge. Movie finished, I needed the toilet and there was a line. Everyone could see I was pregnant so they said to use the disabled toilet.

    My DP doesn't go into the parents rooms, not even with me. I was in the parents room last week and had just fed DS. A gentleman was in there with his kids waiting for the toilet. He very kindly offered the toilet to me first over his kids. I said that his kids could go first. I don't have a problem with men like that

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

  13. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    At the risk of scaring you further, I went into the parents room of my local centre to change my baby's nappy. It was a Saturday so thankfully had my husband with me.

    It was early so the centre wasn't busy yet but there was someone in one of the curtained off stalls. There was a lot of noise like a belt buckle rattling and then this older guy rushed out the stall & raced out the door. I freaked out! What if I'd been on my own or someone else had been in there on their own when he came in?! It 'appeared' that he was...you know.

    Worst thing was I saw him stuffing what seemed like a pink bra in his pocket. I immediately rang centre security & they came quickly to get a description. I was shaking by this stage. Anyway we continued on our way to do what we had to and then saw the man again...in the ladies underwear section of Big W. I raced out to find the security guy we'd just left & he came back with me so I could point him out. They quietly went up & talked to him then escorted him away.

    I don't know what happened after that. I imagine they just made him leave the centre. I was so freaked out & think completely differently about our safety within these rooms now. I think they need an emergency button or something.

    This was in a 'perceived' nice centre in Perth too (Karrinyup).

  14. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked
    903
    Reviews
    72
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by virgomama View Post
    at the risk of scaring you further, i went into the parents room of my local centre to change my baby's nappy. It was a saturday so thankfully had my husband with me.

    It was early so the centre wasn't busy yet but there was someone in one of the curtained off stalls. There was a lot of noise like a belt buckle rattling and then this older guy rushed out the stall & raced out the door. I freaked out! What if i'd been on my own or someone else had been in there on their own when he came in?! It 'appeared' that he was...you know.

    Worst thing was i saw him stuffing what seemed like a pink bra in his pocket. I immediately rang centre security & they came quickly to get a description. I was shaking by this stage. Anyway we continued on our way to do what we had to and then saw the man again...in the ladies underwear section of big w. I raced out to find the security guy we'd just left & he came back with me so i could point him out. They quietly went up & talked to him then escorted him away.

    I don't know what happened after that. I imagine they just made him leave the centre. I was so freaked out & think completely differently about our safety within these rooms now. I think they need an emergency button or something.

    This was in a 'perceived' nice centre in perth too (karrinyup).
    Omg!!

  15. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,287
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked
    479
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirgoMama View Post
    At the risk of scaring you further, I went into the parents room of my local centre to change my baby's nappy. It was a Saturday so thankfully had my husband with me.

    It was early so the centre wasn't busy yet but there was someone in one of the curtained off stalls. There was a lot of noise like a belt buckle rattling and then this older guy rushed out the stall & raced out the door. I freaked out! What if I'd been on my own or someone else had been in there on their own when he came in?! It 'appeared' that he was...you know.

    Worst thing was I saw him stuffing what seemed like a pink bra in his pocket. I immediately rang centre security & they came quickly to get a description. I was shaking by this stage. Anyway we continued on our way to do what we had to and then saw the man again...in the ladies underwear section of Big W. I raced out to find the security guy we'd just left & he came back with me so I could point him out. They quietly went up & talked to him then escorted him away.

    I don't know what happened after that. I imagine they just made him leave the centre. I was so freaked out & think completely differently about our safety within these rooms now. I think they need an emergency button or something.

    This was in a 'perceived' nice centre in Perth too (Karrinyup).
    Holy crap! This is what I was thinking when I posted earlier. It had never crossed my mind until this thread. I'm so not going into a parent room in my own again *shudder*. I'm at karrinyup all the time too


 

Similar Threads

  1. moving from bassinet in our room into a cot in her room
    By strawberry swing in forum Babies (3 - 6 months)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 22:39
  2. parents room with private cubicle in Sydney Cbd?
    By Tses in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-10-2012, 19:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
L'il Aussie Prems Foundation
An Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at high risk of giving birth prematurely, who have babies currently in hospital and families with toddlers who were born too soon.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!