+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I don't think they could say only people with kids can use them in the same way I regularly use disabled toilets but am not disabled. I use them because I often have several kids with me and it's safer.

Parents rooms often smell - I'm surprised anyone without kids would want to use one!
    Yeah I agree, why the heck would you want to use one if you didn't have to? OP that is gross, if the person prior to the cleaner had flushed then you can assume it was the cleaner who left his messy turd in the toilet!
    Last edited by RobinSparkles; 10-04-2013 at 16:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep he wasn't cleaning or he would have at least flushed the toilet! He also didn't have any cleaning equipment with him.

Tadpoles I don't really care about an apology, but I thought maybe they'd enforce staff using normal toilets rather than the ones in the parents room if I contacted them.

I might just drop them a quick email, I won't make a big deal of it but just to let them know. Especially as parents rooms are there for shoppers comfort, so they shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable by centre staff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That would make you feel a bit uncomfortable and vulnerable OP. I had to recently use one of the parents rooms in the Sydney Airport and I was alone in there with my baby for ages and when someone did come in (a Mum and kids) I literally jumped in the air as I got a fright, so I can only imagine how you would have felt upon 'not' realising that you were in fact sharing the room with someone else without realising.

In terms of cleaners, anytime I have been 'alone' in a parents room and/or toilets the cleaner has always announced 'Hello, cleaner' or something along those lines. I feel for cleaners, particularly toilet facility ones as people can be so rude and messy, so I am always obliging if they need to do their work whilst I'm in there.

As for childless people using parents rooms, a certain Myers parent room I used to frequent always had it's staff coming in to heat up their lunch in the microwave and use the toilet. It never bothered me as I was used to it.

OP, I don't think you are being unreasonable, you sound very reasonable about it to me, but if I were going to complain, I would probably do it more in the constructive criticism way such as 'would you be able to ask the cleaners to announce their arrival', something along those lines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    If it's a cleaner, then maybe he was just doing his job?

As for random people just using parent's room facilities, I've listened to various childless people suggest it to other childless people, so I assume most childless people think it's more than acceptable behaviour.
    He's not a very good cleaner if he can't even manage to flush a toilet.

I don't know why childless people would want to use the parents and babies room? Surely it would just be a lot quicker for them to use the ordinary toilets since there's a lot more of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    op, nope dont think that is unreasonable to be worried and I would pass on feedback to the centre. They have these rooms available to incourage parents with kids to visit that shopping centre.

I have also had times when I have gone into a parent room and young mum with about 4/5 male friends bottle feeding her child while they were all chatting away, using all the seats up, being loud and the conversation was not good for young ears! that annoyed me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh makes you think what some men would go in there do when they have the thought of BF and breasts exposed. It disgusts me really! I've never thought about it until this thread and it makes me feel sick

People with no kids shouldn't go in there. This includes cleaners unless they ARe cleaning. I wouldn't want to use a parents room by choice they usually stink from smelly nappies! Yuk

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to hate it if I was in one bf and some random person would waltz in. I would glare. I'm sorry but there are other toilets.

It's not very often but I will take my boys in to use the toilet, especially ds1. He'll be 7 next month and doesn't like using the female toilet and I'm not comfortable with him going in the male toilets alone.

In regards to the op, I would send an email. But like a pp said try and word it constructively. Hopefully it gets the message across

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The cleaner may have been checking how much soap was left, checking to see if hand towels were needed, checking to see if toilet paper was needed. He could have been the cleaning supervisor checking the state of the bathroom to see if the cleaner was doing their job. There are a myriad of reasons why he went in. I wouldn't complain because you have no idea what he was or wasn't doing and he did nothing to you. I'm not sure why him being male is a problem?

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-04-2013),BlissedOut  (10-04-2013),Disbride  (10-04-2013),Guest654  (10-04-2013),SassyMummy  (10-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by second baby not so easy View Post
    op, nope dont think that is unreasonable to be worried and I would pass on feedback to the centre. They have these rooms available to incourage parents with kids to visit that shopping centre.

I have also had times when I have gone into a parent room and young mum with about 4/5 male friends bottle feeding her child while they were all chatting away, using all the seats up, being loud and the conversation was not good for young ears! that annoyed me
    I can understand the part about the friends being in there, but why the need to mention that she was bottle feeding?

OP, I think it's unreasonable for people to be in there without babies/children. As for the cleaner, you don't know that it was him making the mess unless you were in the toilet with him.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 10-04-2013 at 17:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    The cleaner may have been checking how much soap was left, checking to see if hand towels were needed, checking to see if toilet paper was needed. He could have been the cleaning supervisor checking the state of the bathroom to see if the cleaner was doing their job. There are a myriad of reasons why he went in. I wouldn't complain because you have no idea what he was or wasn't doing and he did nothing to you. I'm not sure why him being male is a problem?
    I agree.

I've seen plenty of male cleaners in parent rooms before. I've never thought of those rooms as female domains, as there are usually plenty of partners/ dads in there too. I wouldn't be worried about his sex.

It's not very nice for someone to leave the toilet in a mess though. I don't have a strong objection to someone ducking in and using the toilet, if there's a good reason. E.g., if they're desperate and there's a queue in the other ones, and the parent room isn't busy. But leaving a mess is pretty ewwww....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (10-04-2013)