+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default ipad/tablet for kids

Hi all,

DH is going to perth for work so I'll be taking my kids on flights sydney - perth on a fairly regular basis.

im insane, i know - just me, a 3 yr old and 18 month old on a plane for 5 hours YIKES kill me now!

So i wanted to get some cheapie tablets for the kids to play on. I dont want to or have the money to buy them each an ipad, so im looking for suggestions on which ones to get.

I have looked at
    1) The Leapfrog Leappad....but that requires rechargeable batteries which doesnt seem like theyll last a 5 hour trip in a plane.
    2) Kindle Fire, but you cant access amazon store from oz and im not techno savvy to find a way around it.
    3) Nabi 2: but they dont sell them in australia so there's no support for them
    4) My next choice is a Nexus 7, more costly than i want but maybe i could get a 2nd hand one or something

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations.

THanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    There was a similar thread just recently.

I have heard don't go the leapfrog leap pad. The programs/ games are specifically for leapfrog and cost a LOT to buy.

Get a cheapie tablet which you and the kids can use for apps, games, interactive books and movies.
    I believe it works out cheaper in the long run.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last time I was at Coles they had a cheap tablet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Cheap android tablets seem to be popping up everywhere. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding one for a reasonable price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kmart had them on sale for 79 last week. I got my mum to grab one for ds' we don't have a kmart....shes bringing it down next week probably a bit late to give you feedback??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my son the pendo pad from target $145 works great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We bought the kids a cheap tablet from ebay. Dh is in IT, he did the research first. It only cost $150 for a 10 inch screen.

It's pretty good. I have a Galaxy Note 10.1, it is nowhere near as crisp and smooth as mine, however it is more than adequate for the kids. We have movies, games, etc installed, and it has been great for long trips!

The best thing with Android is the variety of tablets is huge, there is something in every price range. Pp's mentioned the pendo, I have read reviews, it seems to be pretty decent considering how inexpensive it is.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub