+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Veg lasagne too for those nights when you feel a little guilty about lack of veggies, freeze into single serve slices. I use ziplock bags instead of plastic containers as it takes up less space, defrost into a bowl and heat up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing great thread. I
    Am planning on doing some pies and homemade sausage rolls.
    I also love cannelloni.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ziplock bags sound good!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ziplock bags work great for soup

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    Don't forget lunches!

Try a loaf of bread, make sandwiches, buttered on the wrong sides with ham and cheese filling or similar then restack into the bread bag and freeze.

Voila- grab one out, throw in the Toastie machine and you have an easy instant lunch.
    Can you freeze other types of sandwiches? I'd love to have DS1' s lunch premade for the week! All he eats on sandwiches are honey/nutella/sardines though..

Thanks
    Reviews
    loving this thread! I've got a month to due date, and have been cooking up a storm, so more ideas are welcomed! Lots of your ideas are the same as mine, I do like the idea of pre-made toastie sandwiches in loaf form, genius!

We have been in the habit of always baking a double batch of cookies or cakes when we do make them, then slicing/freezing the second batch. Instant cake to have with some tea! Also, we bought a vacuum packer, which is brilliant, we use it for everything, even soups. We just pre-freeze any squidgy stuff (lasagne, soups, chili con carne etc) in little lunch boxes, then when frozen solid, pop them out into the vacuum packing bags and pack them like that. We also pre-marinate meats and vac pack them too.

I have found that biriyanis are good too - a whole meals in a bowl and they seem to freeze pretty well.

DH and I also got into some amish style home preserving of our tomato glut, and made some pre-flavoured tomato pasta sauce bases that are preserved old fashioned style in glass jars (so no freezer needed). Oh dear... we're starting to sound a bit strange I think!!

I can not wait to start maternity leave on Monday. I am not a cleaning nester, but by god I am a cooking nester and a crafting nester with all those days to fill, the freezer is going to be overflowing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to read later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so funny I was just Googling ideas for meals to freeze when I go on maternity leave next week and here's a thread full of awesome suggestions!

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this one but also shepherds pie is good to make and freeze. It's a really hearty meal for a cold winters night given that we're all having winter bubs in here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1000 View Post
    It's so funny I was just Googling ideas for meals to freeze when I go on maternity leave next week and here's a thread full of awesome suggestions!

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this one but also shepherds pie is good to make and freeze. It's a really hearty meal for a cold winters night given that we're all having winter bubs in here
    We had Shepherd's Pie last night for tea and I froze half the meat mixture to use for coming weeks!
    Then my hubby told me there wasn't enough meat in it! ha ha.