+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Through the night settling, im at my wits end

I am really struggling with my 7 month old little girl.
    She has never slept great but now im about to lose it,
    nothing i do seems to change anything or work. She goes down for a sleep fine throughout the day, no crying. But as soon as its night time she cries.
    I finally get her to sleep and she is awake again half hour to an hour later, crying or unsettled, it doesnt seem to matter what i do or give her she is just unsettled. I feed her, rock, pat, give panadol, bonjela but nothing works. even letting her cry doesnt work. she doesnt give in.
    If i let her stay on my boob she does go to sleep but as soon as shes off she cries. I dont know what to do. I cant sit up all night with her on me.
    she has a night light. a blankie. is rugged up.
    I started her on solids but stopped cause i thought that was the issue, i thought she may have pains in the belly. She slept good a few nights ago and the day before she had no food just breastmilk so i thought i was onto something but no obviously not.
    Does anyone have any ideas I could try...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you breastfeed in bed? if so Have you tried cosleeping? SIDS aust has info on safe ways to do it if it suits your family as does Dr Sears if you google him.. If you have your baby sleeping alone during the day then sleeping with you overnight and feeding when it suits her without you getting up you might just have the perfect solution. Good luck it must be very hard.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Try co sleeping maybe. But otherwise maybe try playing some soft gentle music my DD from 3or so months would only do to sleep with music she is now 22months and will still only sleep with music. In the mean time if you don't already when your little one sleeps during the day take the opportunity to hav a nap yourself goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there,
    my 15 month DD is the same...never been a great sleeper. She goes down fine, but wakes during the night and cries and cries. I've tried everything I can think of - even Phenergan doesn't work!

Ive tried co-sleeping, but DD just won't, she will still cry or play she's warm, has a night light, isn't hungry (even extra milk isn't working). She will settle if I sit with her - but like you, I can't do that all night!!!!

same thing - if anyone one knows what I've missed, I'll gladly take suggestions! We have our 2nd bub due in 3 months, and I just can't keep getting up for her.

i desperately wish I had my mum close by - I'd call her!!! But unfortunately for me, she lives on the other side of the country she's an angel of patience!!!!

truly, I'm ready to keep crying myself.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to butt into your thread suzriley - I didn't realise that was rude!!

Im still new to this forum stuff

but oh it's nice to have somewhere to go and 'talk' at 2am!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely try music, I used to leave the radio on for DS. Also, dont give bubs phenergen, a pharmacist told me its illegal to sell it for children under 6 or 8 (I can't remember which).

What's your bed time routine? How much sleep is bubs getting during the day? Perhaps bubs is overtired and that might explain the night waking. Maybe reintroduce the solids, but give more?

I hope you find something that works, good luck!