+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Birthday presents for a 1 year old

Okay, so my daughter isn't 1 until September... but I'm already excited about having an excuse to buy her presents. I'd like to get a few things that will last - both in terms of holding her interest as she gets older, and being useful for future children then to pass on to others. The things I'm considering at the moment are:

Skip Hop owl backpack
    interesting bath toys
    set of wooden blocks (she has some plastic ones at the moment)
    an outdoor swing
    musical instrument/toy (xylophone perhaps?)
    a nice puppet

So... what did you get your child for their first birthday? What did others get? What were the best/longest lasting presents? What did your child love as a toddler? Etc...

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got DD a set of wooden boikido blocks. They're really cute. Beautiful colours and some of the blocks have special features like a rattle etc.

They definitely last and can be used for years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    For my first dd we bought her a Fisher Price 'Laugh and Learn Home' and that present has been worth its weight in gold as everyone of our kids and guests kids has played with it and at nearly 7 years old its as good as new. I like the fact that it's interactive and they can crawl through the doorway and stand up against it etc when they're older and more mobile.

Our second dd we bought her a 'Wheely Bug' (Mouse one) and she loved it as she was able to scoot about on the tiles inside etc. They have a wooden base and caster wheels and again, another toy which has withstood lot's of play from various kids.

Third dd we bought a Quicksmart Trike which is one from 6 months to 5 years old. Very handy for when we used to go on walks and she wasn't old enough to ride a bike like her older sisters.

We haven't decided what to buy our dd4 yet, but we recently bought our other daughter one of those roller coasters and that has been a massive hit, as is the See Saw they have which goes up and down and around and around.

All of the above were in lieu of us buying a bunch of little things which wouldn't be as good quality, so for $250 (the most expensive one) and under, everything has stood up to the rigours of 3 kids playing on them as often as daily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got our daughter (now 2) a nice gold ID bracelet with her name on it. I had one as a kid too so we are trying to continue the tradition with our girls.
    From memory we also got her wooden blocks, a little ball pit (she loved this) , an outdoor swing, a leap frog puppy/ teddy thing that you input info into like there name etc and it sings songs using their favorite animals/ foods also plays sleeping music ( she rediscovered this about 3 months ago and loves singing along with the songs and spelling her name ) so that one I can see being useful over a few years at different development stages. And I think some other toys that I can't really remember that have been packed away for dd2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd is not one until next month but I've already purchased her presents. She Is getting a smart trike, a wooden musical instruments set and a little tikes rocking horse