+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think most people get 'bump size' remarks, be it 'its small', 'it's big'... 'sure it's not twins'.

I think most people aren't intentionally upsetting us. Perhaps they are just trying to make conversation/small talk and don't actually realise how upsetting their comments can be.

When I was pregnant with DS my bump was huge. I got so many silly comments that I wanted to use the 'I'm not pregnant' line, just to see people back pedal.

Surprisingly being pregnant was the first time that I didn't care about my size or weight.

OP - try not to take the comments to heart. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. And if the comments gets really annoying try coming up with a one-liner

Thanks
    Reviews
    with #1 I would get 'you can't be pregnant!' up until 8 months or so... what was I supposed to say? thanks I have abs of steel?

now with #3 I'm getting 'you're HUGE' at all stages.. thanks dude lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 39 weeks on Wednesday and I still get told that I look like I'm not that pregnant. I've put on 16 kilos and am measuring on track. I try and ignore it but I do find that I feel a bit defensive now. I don't think people mean it to upset us though.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Taiyed one of the ladies at work does that, she's I think 15 or 16 weeks but she's got a decent bump already and when people comment she says I'm not pregnant just fat just to see the looks on their faces lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (14-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 35.5wks and someone at work said to me yesterday "today is the first day you have really looked pregnant." After she walked away my workmates said "is she serious?"
    Dumbest comment ever!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    People at work were always commenting how small my bump was when I was pregnant with dd2, I ended up having her at 38+2 and she was 9lb2oz (4130g) and 56cm long so the size of your bump isn't always an indication of how big your bub will be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 19 weeks and my boss says she can't look at me without looking at my belly to see if its growing :/ it's not though, I hope he pops soon, I can't wait to have a tummy that everyone sees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At 20 weeks your uterus is only at belly button level as well.

people carry babies differently. .

but honestly? Stop over thinking and worrying about what people say in passing.

It's ridiculous, you can't even tell someone that they look nice today without them being offended and thinking that you mean that they look like a mess every other day.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 13-04-2013 at 20:45.