+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    People kept saying to me "so and so is 38 weeks as well and is so much bigger than you", but in the end bub was born 3.79kg (8 lb 5 oz) so even though my belly might have been small, my bubba was big and healthy. It is annoying but you get used to the comments after a while and learn to ignore them :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aww, I was told that by plenty of people until I was about 25-30 weeks. Try not to take it personally. Generally people are just interested/making conversation, and don't realise it might upset you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could have the opposite problem like I do, ppl are always saying 'oh not long to go now' and I'm only 23 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiceo View Post
    You could have the opposite problem like I do, ppl are always saying 'oh not long to go now' and I'm only 23 weeks!
    I wish this was me, I can't wait to have a big bump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was constantly told how "compact" my bump was even when I was monsterous. DD was 7lb9 so a great size - size of bump doesn't necessarily = size of baby. But I totally get you, people would comment on my size & it annoyed me so much. Like you don't go striding up to someone not pregnant & say Wow your a$s is TINY! (Or huge!) so why is it ok to verbally accost a pregnant person?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissH View Post
    I wish this was me, I can't wait to have a big bump.
    :-) I went from 'i can't even tell your pregnant' at around 16 weeks to 'gotcha bag packed?' At 22 weeks! You'll pop eventually!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was the same until 23ish weeks. I feel massive but at 28 weeks I kept getting people tell me how jealous they are if my "compact" bump. I feel like a whale though!! I take it as a massive complement! I don't want people thinking I'm 9 months when I'm only 7!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was my 65kgs when I got pregnant with my first, and was huge! Often got told I would have a huge baby, or was I sure I sure it wasn't twins, it was so upsetting, it taught me not comment bumps, unless its to say they look lovely lol mind you bub was born a tiny 2.75kgs!
    Second bub was already overweight, didn't put on much weight, had a big 4kg bub!

Try to ignore the negative comments and just enjoy it! People always feel the need to comment bumps and bubs. Don't take it to heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had people look at me funny when I say I'm due in Aug (thinking I look big) and then I say twins and they go, Oh that makes sense. Other people look at me and say 'oh you're not that big, especially for twins' (I feel bloody huge compared to my singleton pregnancy at the same stage).

I think it just is different ideas on what is 'big' or 'small'. That can change simply by the way the baby is lying or an illusion with what clothes you are wearing half the time.

I reckon a good response to the 'you look small' is 'I must have excellent stomach muscles then'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people don't think before they speak!

One of the ladies at work said I don't look pregnant just bigger around the middle.. err yes because I'm pregnant! That was at maybe 25 weeks? I'm 33 weeks now and still feel quite small. It used to disappoint me but I think now about how uncomfortable I would be if I was bigger and now I'm grateful I'm not huge