+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awesome! And btw $45 is a LOT of money to throw away on a product that doesn't even last a few hours. You did the right thing by persuing it. A $2 product meh, who cares, but $45 is not pocket change.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (09-04-2013)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good stuff
    As a side note, most of the time those cases are bought in bulk from chinese dealers on ebay.
    I have gotten exactly the same quality covers from ebay for $3 that have been $30 in those phone cover stalls! I even found the exact same one at one place as the one I'd just recently bought on ebay. The mark up is crazy.

I highly recommend buying them on ebay from a chinese seller instead. I've bought several over the last couple of years and yes the plastic will crack and break in some places but when you spend next to nothing on them and the only real cost is waiting for it to arrive in the mail I don't care if I have to replace it every 6 months or so!
    I just recently got a really good silicone one for about $2 with free postage and it's perfect. And again, EXACTLY the same quality as what you'd get in a stall.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Awesome! And btw $45 is a LOT of money to throw away on a product that doesn't even last a few hours. You did the right thing by persuing it. A $2 product meh, who cares, but $45 is not pocket change.
    Well that was my issuer had I only paid $10-15 for it cool whatever but $45 is a lot for us the only reason we had it was because my 4s broke about a month ago so I've been saving for another but bought a 3GS instead and had left overs. None the less problem solved but I won't buy there again simply for the fact of not wanting to deal with the shop attendant again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Good stuff
    As a side note, most of the time those cases are bought in bulk from chinese dealers on ebay.
    I have gotten exactly the same quality covers from ebay for $3 that have been $30 in those phone cover stalls! I even found the exact same one at one place as the one I'd just recently bought on ebay. The mark up is crazy.

I highly recommend buying them on ebay from a chinese seller instead. I've bought several over the last couple of years and yes the plastic will crack and break in some places but when you spend next to nothing on them and the only real cost is waiting for it to arrive in the mail I don't care if I have to replace it every 6 months or so!
    I just recently got a really good silicone one for about $2 with free postage and it's perfect. And again, EXACTLY the same quality as what you'd get in a stall.
    Thanks that's what hubby said. We just paid for one on eBay and now are just waiting for it to get here. I only went to them cause I literally couldn't find anywhere else locally that still stocks and sells cases for the 3GS they only stocked 4 and up. Lesson well and truly learnt