+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3 year old aches etc

Hi everyone

just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. About 6 months ago we had an issue with my then 2.5 year old not able to walk on one leg for two days. After a stay in hospy he then just started walking again.

Over the past 6 months ago he has complainsd about sore knees, randomly maybe twice a month. But not stopping him walking (he will limp). Last night he was complaining about pain in one of his fingers and pain in one of his feet, again he was limping.

Im not sure if this is unusual, well obviously it is. But i tend to over react. Im paranoid there is something wrong wiyh him that im missing. He is quite skinny and a lot smalled than my other ywo boys. He had issues putting on weight as a baby, and has lost and regained weight recently.

Any idea? Experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! My DS1 has had a few problems with growing pains over the years (he's now 5). It was at its worst when he was between 2 and 3 years of age. He would wake up screaming in pain and grabbing his legs. I thought he was getting leg cramps but he would always say it was his knee or foot. This would happen every few weeks at that age. I would give him a dose of Panadol and he would calm down after about 20 minutes. Touch wood he hasn't had a problem for around a year now. I asked the doctor and he said it was most likely growing pains.

Not sure if that helps but I hope you find some answers soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was talking to the GP a few months ago because DS had some strange symptoms going on, and I mentioned his "bad growing pains in his knees and ankles". He told me he needs to be referred, as growing pains are never in the joints and they are never so bad as to be agonising. (which happens to DS)

We have our paed appointment in a few weeks.

I think the both of you need a referral to be honest.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would ask a gp.

Also ask for testing for coeliac. My cousin was recently diagnosed with juvenile arthritis, then diagnosed coeliac. Apparently it is often linked to food intolerance. Not saying that its arthritis, just something to consider if he's had issues with weight gain. I am gluten intolerant and often feel achey/flu like pains if I eat it accidentally.

Though my ds constantly whinged at 3, my back hurt, my legs hurt. It was never joints.

Good luck

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has growing pains mainly in her legs & arms.

She does collapse sometimes and get quite upset (be she also has ear problems)

We use Panadol sometimes and I usually bandage her legs up.

I second Paed, we have first app on Thursday for this and many other reasons.