+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Report him. You may lose your friend over it but I wouldn't hesitate when the safety of children is concerned.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

purpdirewytch  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Hang on, if you report will she/they know it was you? The last thing you want is a drug dealer after you. Yes someone needs to stand up for those kids but not at the risk of your own family. I'd rather be there to help your friend and encourage her to ditch him for good.
    Good point Shelle, I didn't think about that.
    If she has only just told you and you have already been encouraging her to leave, she will most likely assume it was you.

Explain to her that if/when he gets caught, her children could very well be taken from her and she could be up of charges as well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

purpdirewytch  (09-04-2013),~ElectricPink~  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If he's dealing then a lot of people know what he's doing whose to say someone he's dealt to hasn't been caught with it and gave him up. I'd still report but that's me

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (09-04-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (09-04-2013),purpdirewytch  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would have another good talk to her to try and make her see sense before I did anything as drastic as calling the police (like Shelle suggested, I would be scared that drug dealers could be after me if they knew I'd dobbed them in).

Urge her to put her kids first. Does she really want her children exposed to drugs & random addicts dropping into the family home daily? Is the relationship worth risking losing her kids over if he gets busted for dealing drugs?

Try and make her see that she is settling for someone who is far from an ideal partner. If they have broken up that many times in 12 months, it screams 'bad news' to me - clearly they have a toxic relationship. When you have a genuine loving and respectful relationship, that shouldn't happen.

Good luck getting through to her.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

purpdirewytch  (09-04-2013),~ElectricPink~  (09-04-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Hang on, if you report will she/they know it was you? The last thing you want is a drug dealer after you. Yes someone needs to stand up for those kids but not at the risk of your own family. I'd rather be there to help your friend and encourage her to ditch him for good.
    This is true, but there are ways around it- call up anonymously (crimestoppers) and say you are a concened/suspicious neighbour, a parent of an addict and you suspect they have been getting drugs from him etc... or just call the local police. A drug dealer would have so many possible suspects and probably never know who dobbed or if the cops found out some other way- I'm sure he has some sort of record already.

I HATE drugs with a passion- and drugs around children makes me seethe. Get this pig away from those kids if your friend is too weak to put her kids first. Report him. Stay supportive to your friend.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (09-04-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (09-04-2013),~ElectricPink~  (09-04-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Duplicate
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 09-04-2013 at 08:52.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely report him and just tell them what you know, I agree in doing it anonymously, so you stay out of harms way. It's very irresponsible to conduct business like that with children and other adults around and it's just not on. Your friend should have ceased taking her children there as soon as she found out what was going on.

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    this situation is far too dangerous for anyones children to be involved. I would report him to crimestoppers. The fact that cars are coming and going from the house would be enough to make any neighbour suspicious, so dont be too worried about anyone knowing it was you. Give your friend a serious talking to, even yell at her if you have to, but get the message through to her, that she is putting her life and her childrens lives at risk if she gets involved with this drug dealer. Even without the drugs, the relationship is toxic, noone would think it is normal for all the fighting, and argueing, to somehow become a base to build a family on. If you loose the friendship then so be it, perhaps when she comes to her senses she will come back, but you need to be staying clear of her if she takes this path. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep id report him too, annonomously. for all they know, it could have been someone who has 'bought'' the drugs off him before...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would report absolutely.

FWIW the local pot dealer got raided when I was a teenager. It was "dob in a drug dealer" day and the cops got 10 separate tip offs about this house. There is NO WAY they're going to know for sure it's you.